Old 2nd June 2009, 19:46   #31
BHPian

Food to know it worked for you Dippy.
The alto's bumper post this job has held up for 6 months of "my driving"
Old 3rd June 2009, 00:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Moreover, please provide the details of the painter in Palika Bhavan using computer to match the colour for future references.
They have a sensor which is used to pick up the colour and based on this the computerized machine produces the colour.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
They have a sensor which is used to pick up the colour and based on this the computerized machine produces the colour.
That's amazing, but details on the name and location please. And if you're getting your work done by them, then please let us know the experience.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:46   #34
BHPian

I also have similar problem in my OHC's Bumper does any one know a place to try this in Bangalore.

Last edited by manson : 19th July 2011 at 18:51.
Old 7th March 2010, 21:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
I also have similar problem in my OHC's Bumper does any one know a place to try this in Bangalore.
Have seen some 'bumper repair' guys near Mobile Tyre Tech (tyre shop cum car wash), on Kammanahalli Main Road (next to sena vihar). Not sure if they are still around.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Do they also do paint touch ups. Anywhere in Bangalore where this is done.

I am one of those very finikky kinds, and want to remove a few mild scratches on my bumper. Spoke to a guy who is quoting 2K to paint the entire bumper
Old 10th March 2010, 18:21   #37
BHPian

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
You can try the road behind the J C Road Multi Level Car Park on weekends.

I haven't tried them myself though

Thanks and Regards

Sateesh
Old 26th April 2010, 23:16   #38
BHPian

NHC got so much of stitched

My brothers NHC has got lot of stitches all for Rs 500 . This was due to a dog crashed while he was cruising at 60 - 70 km/ hr
Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-03042010001.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-03042010002.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-03042010003.jpg

Roadside Bumper repair guys. Has anyone seen or tried them? EDIT : Pics on pg 2-03042010.jpg
vinu_pm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2010, 15:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Any ideas where to find such guys in bangalore. my zen's front bumper is slipping down from the chassi.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:52   #40
BHPian

my 2 cents

well as soon as i got hold of my OHC and began running it in streets of shimla, i bagan facing this problem.
more often than not i would scrape the edges leaving the bumper hung and once completely dislodged.
The first time i got it done was at gurgaon but the nearest "plastic welder" was located in chandigarh. So it was an ordeal to travel 100 odd Kms to get my bumpers fixed. One fine day(around diwali) i was going to meet my cousin who had come across a plastic welder in shimla(the guy had come from chandigarh to do some work). the guy was on his way back but was stopped by my cousin as he knew i was looking for one.

Once i came, the guy just opened his toolbox and started working (took 30-45 minutes). the total asking price was 300 (plus another 100 from my side as a diwali gift to the chap) which i paid happily. the best work till date on my OHC.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Any ideas where to find such guys in bangalore. my zen's front bumper is slipping down from the chassi.
I have no clue where we can do this in Bangalore. Even i am looking for that here for my OHC . If i cannot i will do it when i got to kerala next time .
Old 28th April 2010, 14:31   #42
BHPian

Got my NHC bumper done

Hi Dippy, Interesting to bump into a thread just two days after getting bumper of my NHC fixed.
My Black NHC bumper was hanging for some time now. I had got it fixed from a guy (An old fiat workshop) I know who actually put two screws to keep in place, it went fine for few months then it got rear ended by bike thankfully no big bumps just that it hanged a bit. It went on like that for almost 6 months. Whenever I asked Courtesy Honda guys to fix -there standard reply it can't be done clips are damaged whole bumper need to be changed.

Then a few days back some kids riding bike gave the final blow and it hanged further down. I had planned to take car over the weekend to a some guy my friend knew. Anyhow while parking in Connaught Place F-Block my usual parking spot, this guy came over and said he will it and also remove the dent (dry denting) on the left front fender. He charged Rs 450 and did the job pretty well. Also showed me the plastic clip that was culprit. He did it in less than 45 minutes as I was not around but by the time I came back it was done.
Net good job, easy on pocket and quick (compare it with thousands you will pay to get new bumper and car is with workshop for at least a day). Next he has offered me rubbing and polishing I did not take that offer, two reason.1) rubbing and polishing without washing car is scary . 2) Did not like the brand of polish he was carrying with him.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Heck, is there any such guy in Pune, my OHC has taken a lot of beatings on peripherals.
And a quick fix solution like this is most welcome!
Old 28th April 2010, 23:11   #44
BHPian

I got my NHC head light joints repaired by same method, few days back when my father was reversing the car he hit a electric pole on driver side fender and headlight from back side. the result was that headlight got broken from 3 out of four joints or screws, i called service center and they quoted 6650 for single piece, the lens and cover were perfect, just the joints were broken/cracked, i took it to local service guy he disassembled the headlight and i got all the joint repaired by plastic repair guy or the bumper guy as u know for 150 rs and now its perfect again

basically they use some soft plastic strip material and with help of hot air make it soft/ gel like and stick it over the cracked part, it hardens as it sets and becomes like plastic. the material expenses were just 5-10 rs as the repair man told me

they repair everything which of of plastic even dashboards, mirror housings etc etc
Old 29th April 2010, 11:35   #45

My getz rear bumper was hit and it had gone inside by an inch. No scratches and no cuts. Took the car to Advaith showroom and told him to repair it.
SA - told he has to replace it. Cost - 4500
There is a workshop close to my house where i get the car washed. Took it to him, he removed the bumper, heated it and then pushed it back to shape.
He insisted i pay what it deserves. Payed him 500. Saved 4000

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks