Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 10:53   #181
BHPian

Pete's works with cars with automatic transmission?

Folks - Does Pete's box work with cars with automatic transmissions? or will it disturb the auto gear settings. I am thinking of cars like the Skoda Octavia/Laura and the Mahindra Scorpio automatic?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th April 2009 at 11:04. Reason: Search please
Old 9th April 2009, 12:44   #182
Senior - BHPian

Laura - Peted

I put a Pete's (PCI) tuning box into my Skoda Laura (MT) a few weeks ago. I changed the air filter to stock replacement Green Cotton a few days ago. My impressions are as follows:

The Pete's box improves in-gear acceleration considerably, making driving in the ciity a pleasure. There is a distinct 'punch' which pushes you back into the seat around 1900 to 2100 Rpm.

The car moves from stand-still without depressing the accelerator pedal.

Engine deceleration (in same gear) is considerably reduced.

There was some black smoke with the stock (paper) filter.

The Cotton Green filter lets the engine breathe easier and eliminate the black smoke.

The FE figures seem to be unaffected. I do suspect that I will get better FE once I stop flooring the accelerator just for the joy of feeling the extra torque/power!

The clutch, which hinted at trouble to come before the box was fitted, started slipping occasionally. I replaced the clutch and pressure plates. Now the 205/55 R 16 tyres are inadequate!

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 9th April 2009 at 12:46.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:51   #183
BHPian

But will it work well with Skoda Laura AT...?
Old 9th April 2009, 18:43   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
But will it work well with Skoda Laura AT...?
yes it will.The box has nothing to do with the transmission
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:12   #185
BHPian

Pete-fying a Vista

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has pete-fyed a Vista. Is it advisable, given that it is not a car meant for adrenaline-boosting activities. I read a few other places that the Vista was dragon-box-ified and the performance was awesome.

Anybody can share their experience with either of the boxes in a Vista?.

ote from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd May 2009 at 15:43. Reason: Please use search. thanks
Old 11th June 2009, 01:11   #186
BHPian

@avasekeh

If your Vista is a Quadrajet, then you can use the Pete Digital Tunning box since it is a same DDIS 1.3 engine. Peter himself has confirmed this.
Old 11th June 2009, 08:49   #187
Senior - BHPian

Please excuse me, but what is a dragon box? 1st time i'm hearing of this.
Old 9th August 2009, 13:05   #188
BANNED

Anyone used Pete's for Indica Vista Quadrajet ?

Any reviews ?
Old 18th August 2009, 21:50   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Please excuse me, but what is a dragon box? 1st time i'm hearing of this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-engines.html
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:55   #190
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2010 at 16:37.
manishverma0675 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:35   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I put a Pete's (PCI) tuning box into my Skoda Laura (MT) a few weeks ago. I changed the air filter to stock replacement Green Cotton a few days ago. My impressions are as follows:

The Pete's box improves in-gear acceleration considerably, making driving in the ciity a pleasure. There is a distinct 'punch' which pushes you back into the seat around 1900 to 2100 Rpm.

The car moves from stand-still without depressing the accelerator pedal.

Engine deceleration (in same gear) is considerably reduced.

There was some black smoke with the stock (paper) filter.

The Cotton Green filter lets the engine breathe easier and eliminate the black smoke.

The FE figures seem to be unaffected. I do suspect that I will get better FE once I stop flooring the accelerator just for the joy of feeling the extra torque/power!

The clutch, which hinted at trouble to come before the box was fitted, started slipping occasionally. I replaced the clutch and pressure plates. Now the 205/55 R 16 tyres are inadequate!

Cheers,
Nice to hear about a Pete-fyed Laura,

Just wanted to know does the tuning box have an adverse affect on the clutch? and how much did the clutch and pressure plates cost you?

Am contemplating on the same just waiting for the warranty period to get over.
Old 27th June 2010, 10:49   #192
UKR
BHPian

Linea Pete'd?

Hi guys, is thereanyone in the forum who has fitted pete's box on the Linea? I am also contemplating buying the box but looking for some feedback.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:05   #193
BANNED

Hey there, has anybody Pete'ed the Scorpio CRDe yet? I contacted Pete's Blore and they told me that they have Pete'ed MHawks but not CRDes so far though a box is available for them as well. I m more inclined to improve the FE through Pete's if possible.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:34   #194
BHPian

Recently a reputed Skoda mechanic, if there ever is such a person, told me that he had come across a few cases where the tuning box along with the uprated air filter caused the 'air mass sensor' on the intake pipe from the air filter box to fail, leading to incorrect combustion resulting in thick black smoke and a general loss of power. Has any body here come across such a case, or is he making things up? Apparently, the spare part in doubt here is often swapped by A.S.S guys and sold to customers as new. Each costs around INR 12000. Your views guys!

Last edited by BuBooMan : 30th June 2010 at 22:35.
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:59   #195
BHPian

A basic question - If a car can be 'imporoved' upon by adding pete's / dragon box, why is this not being done by the manufacturer himself? Why let a third party into the business?

Eg, why doesn't Swift/Vista Diesels come by default at 90 PS / 220 nm performance ratings?

Last edited by WindRide : 23rd July 2010 at 18:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks