Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2005, 15:53   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
which halogens for zen??

guys i am planning to put halogens for my zen..checked out the philips vision plus and they look quite good..well these are 60/55W..was planning to plonk in 100/90W with a relay but not sure if my warranty will be void by putting 100/90Ws..so need ur advise..and also which do u suggest the diamond vision or the crystal vision ones..
Old 11th September 2005, 15:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
guys i am planning to put halogens for my zen..checked out the philips vision plus and they look quite good..well these are 60/55W..was planning to plonk in 100/90W with a relay but not sure if my warranty will be void by putting 100/90Ws..so need ur advise..and also which do u suggest the diamond vision or the crystal vision ones..
i am watching this thread

i doubt abt it though, coz 100/90 ones would create more heat and then would the enclosure take teh extra heat?

teh philips crytsal vision should be gr8 right...1200rs for a pair. right>?
Old 13th September 2005, 13:03   #3
BANNED

ok guys as u know i just bought the philips vision plus headlamps as i could not source either the crystal vision or the diamond visions..but due to help from rtech i have finally sourced the crystal visons and the diamond visions too..have decided to go for the diamond vison ones as the blue tinge gives a xenon like effect..
but the problem is the diamond visions dont come with pilot lights and wont this difference between the headlights(blue in colour) and the pilots(OE which are yellow) spoil the look of the entire assembly due to differnce in wavelengths..or is it ok to go in for the diamond visons with the OE pilot lights(will it make a big difference to the effect of the diamonds)..or is it better to get the crystal visions which are super white and also come with pilots..need ur inputs asap..
Old 13th September 2005, 13:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

A (old) zen doesn't have it's pilot lights in the sealed beam, so it won't make any difference really.
Old 13th September 2005, 14:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
A (old) zen doesn't have it's pilot lights in the sealed beam, so it won't make any difference really.

but rtech the old zen have the plastic cover which are not clear so how would the diamond lights look with the old zens i.e the ones with the plastic cover ??
Old 13th September 2005, 14:53   #6
BANNED

guys mine is a new zen.3 months old..so ur inputs needed..
Old 13th September 2005, 14:56   #7
BANNED

and no the pilots are in the sealed beam only and this one has clear lens headlamps not plastic i think..so will the OE pilots still spoil the look of the diamonds or shall i put crsytal visions..diamonds look better but am confused bcoz of the OE pilots and the diamond visions not coming with pilots..
Old 13th September 2005, 15:13   #8
Team-BHP Support

Ok, so yu got the new Zen. If you want the blue tint, go for the Diamondvision. you can get the pilot lights separatly if you want. Plus, when the main beams are on, you won't notice any difference.
Old 13th September 2005, 15:21   #9
BANNED

nope rtech i enquired with the dealer and he says they dont have pilots in blue vision at all..is this true or has he misinformed me..
Old 13th September 2005, 15:33   #10
Team-BHP Support

its true, but you could look around in other shops for those lights. Either ways, don't sacrifice on the main beam for 2 tiny 5W lights!
Old 13th September 2005, 15:41   #11
BANNED

yup will surely get the diamondvisons then and will post the details..btw rtech thanks a lot for everything,couldnt have sourced them without you and more over nearly 20-30 of my friends are going to get the same shorlty on seeing my review..so mr.basha said he will certainly give me a very competant price..thanks a ton buddy..
Old 13th September 2005, 21:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

but rtech the old zen have the plastic cover which are not clear so how would the diamond lights look with the old zens i.e the ones with the plastic cover ??

i have upgraded my bulb to 90/100 from 40/60...i think and i just want to know besides the bluish white colour is there any other advantage or disadvantage of putting these (keep in mind in the OLD zen with the plastic covers) because i remember reading somewhere that yellow light passes through plastic more efficiently than white light.

is this true ??
and maclaren buddy im waiting for your report and some pics if possible.

dude any news with head light cluster colour change.have you gone ahead with it or have you dropped the idea

Rev
Old 14th September 2005, 16:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

crystal range of Philips is too coooooooollllllllllllllllll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>.
Old 14th September 2005, 16:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
How would they look? Well, I've seen a lot of Zen's here with white lights, and they "look" ok. Not sure how it is from the drivers point of view though.
Old 14th September 2005, 18:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How would they look? Well, I've seen a lot of Zen's here with white lights, and they "look" ok. Not sure how it is from the drivers point of view though.
so since you have seen the around do they just look white/blue or do they have the neonish look ??

oh okay actually thats what i mean how effiecient are they with the plastic cover ??

REv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks