Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th July 2017, 10:57   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Aftermarket Armrest Fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Same boat!

Estilo has very less gap between the front seats and therefore regular aftermarket armrests are an extremely tight fit with absolutely no clearance. Plus, the handbrake - when engaged - is at a slightly higher position than other Marutis. Armrest will compromise its operation. Even if we manage to fix one hoping to keep the armrest stationary, the fore and aft movement of both the front seats is likely to be hampered.

Hence, only a narrower than regular or a custom made armrest can be used in an Estilo.
O no.

Back home in Kolkata we have the Brio where we got the universal armrest added and its been a boon specially for Dad who usually takes the front passenger seat. In bangalore I have the Estilo and I noticed him being uncomfortable looking for a place to rest his right arm as the gear is too close to the seats. Hence was wondering how can I get an armrest done?

Any leads on any local shops around electronic city who can fabricate one for the estilo?

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th July 2017 at 10:59.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 15:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
O no.

Back home in Kolkata we have the Brio where we got the universal armrest added and its been a boon specially for Dad who usually takes the front passenger seat. In bangalore I have the Estilo and I noticed him being uncomfortable looking for a place to rest his right arm as the gear is too close to the seats. Hence was wondering how can I get an armrest done?

Any leads on any local shops around electronic city who can fabricate one for the estilo?
Even a thinner armrest is available. Check out one of bhpian paragsinchania's threads - I remember him mentioning about it.

BTW, I have installed the regular size universal armrest in my 2008 Alto and though it touches the seats, it's not a tight fit. And my Dad happily uses it from the passenger side.

Last edited by samaspire : 10th July 2017 at 15:17. Reason: Adding content
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 16:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Same boat!

Estilo has very less gap between the front seats and therefore regular aftermarket armrests are an extremely tight fit with absolutely no clearance. Plus, the handbrake - when engaged - is at a slightly higher position than other Marutis. Armrest will compromise its operation. Even if we manage to fix one hoping to keep the armrest stationary, the fore and aft movement of both the front seats is likely to be hampered.

Hence, only a narrower than regular or a custom made armrest can be used in an Estilo.
Quote:
O no.

The regular arm-rests will fit. I installed the "universal arm-rest" in my WagonR 1.0 recently and I am very happy with the decision. It is a tight fit and difficult to use the seat belt locks and handbrake. But after a few days of use, you can operate them blindfolded. The single piece arm rest is decent to be used by driver and co-passenger together. It gets squeezed between the front seats and increases the lateral support slightly.
There is slight rubbing between the seats and arm-rest while reclining the seats but I have faced no issues in the past 4k kms.

To fit it, don't try to squeeze it and push between the seats from above. The clearance between the seats is a higher at the lower part (where the seat back meets base). Go to the back seat and insert the handrest between the seats from the backseat. Once there, slowly lift the handrest to the desired height and get it fixed with screws.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th July 2017 at 16:05.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 09:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

As per request from fellow BHPian, I am sharing some pics of the armrest installed in my WagonR.
Mods, please move or delete this post if necessary.
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499746780.482750.jpg
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499746813.108784.jpg
Tightly squeezed between the seats but all can move without issues. No rattles present due to lack of space
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499746916.725364.jpg
Ply pieces given as packing to fix on to the narrow central console
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499746972.847989.jpg
Armrest lifted to show the fit below
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499747003.516219.jpg
Armrest in place, view from driver's POV
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499747041.235896.jpg
From co-passenger's seat, seatbelt lock is in a corner
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 10:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
As per request from fellow BHPian...
Thanks Ashis89.

Is this the one you got from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.in/ACW-Black-Armre...inhydr18418-21

In most of the product descriptions its mentioned minimum distance of 14cm should be there between the front seats. Is this distance between front seat base or seat shoulders?
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ashis89.

Is this the one you got from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.in/ACW-Black-Armre...inhydr18418-21

In most of the product descriptions its mentioned minimum distance of 14cm should be there between the front seats. Is this distance between front seat base or seat shoulders?
I ordered the model given in the below mentioned link:
http://www.amazon.in/Ascension-Armb0...ilpage_o02_s00

The distance of 14 cm between seats should be at the point where the armrest cushion would be. Assume you want to keep a wooden block on your handbrake which is 14 cm wide and about 10 inches high. In the first and last 2 pics, you can see the armrest is squeezed between the seats, pushing the lower part of the seat lateral support to make some space. You can try this in your car by pushing the seat lateral cushions in the same area and measuring the gap.

You can also order one and check the fit first, without drilling holes. If it doesn't work, just return it back.

Last edited by ashis89 : 11th July 2017 at 11:09.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 16:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Hello ! Could you please share contact details/Name&Location of the shop.
Thanks!
Hi,

Sorry just saw this today.

The place is called Sunny Enterprises, and they are located at C-212, Chandan Vihar,Nihal Vihar, Near Raja Public School, Gali No.- 6, Nangloi, Delhi, 110041, India. This is their shop address (taken from Google), which is closed on Sundays. Their factory is in Kanjhawala.

The guys number is 9999939962. You can call him and coordinate.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Sinner666 : 11th July 2017 at 16:15.
Sinner666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2017, 22:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Share some photos please. It might help others.
Sorry for the delay in posting the photos. The project is not yet complete. Kindly ignore the bad quality of the photo. Will post proper pics once I finish the project. Any suggestions would be of great help.
Attached Thumbnails
Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-img_20170714_220458.jpg  

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-img_20170714_220514.jpg  

Aftermarket Armrest Fitment-img_20170714_220315.jpg  

Last edited by Akib Khan : 15th July 2017 at 22:49.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote