Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2017, 13:04   #601
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

The bike had been kept unused for a while now.

So got it serviced from Saphire Honda as it's closest from the place I stay. Here's the bill. Caused much heartburn.

It still has a tingling vibration on the handlebar though, not sure why.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R Review-img_5231.jpg  

dreamseller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 22:55   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post

So got it serviced from Saphire Honda as it's closest from the place I stay. Here's the bill. Caused much heartburn.

Why a double charge for fork oil
Old 25th June 2017, 16:14   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just a few questions. Why were mechanical components changed since you haven't used the bike. At least from what I reckon, if the vehicle is parked a for quite a while, engine oil and fluid replacement would suffice. Did your bike had stitching noises from the engine, before parking the bike for so long? I mean, valve train noises and fork seal leakage? Any echo the same question why was fork oil billed twice, when the first one was billed as 2 nox.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 26th June 2017, 17:47   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Why a double charge for fork oil
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Just a few questions.

One of the fork seals had gone bust. Since I had 20w oil put in, and Honda uses only 10w, I asked them to change oil on both the forks. Apparently each fork needs 2 units of fork oil is what he said when I asked the SA. I didn't prod further.

The tappet noise was present earlier because in Kolkata none of the SVCs knew how to check valve clearance (not sure of the present condition of their skills). Plus, the front calliper piston had jammed and a service of the same didn't help. Hence, they had to replace the front calliper assembly.
dreamseller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 19:13   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently each fork needs 2 units of fork oil is what he said when I asked the SA. I didn't prod further
That is true; 315 or 325 ml IIRC is what is required for each of the sides.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 02:45   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That is true; 315 or 325 ml IIRC is what is required for each of the sides.
Right, aargee. 331 ML plus +-10 ML

Cheers!
VJ
Old 12th May 2018, 22:54   #607
BHPian

Hknda CBR 250 First Service observations

Hello Folks, this is Bharath here from Hyderabad and i have a new 2018 CBR whose first service was done today. Distance travelled~200 kms. Now, everytime i use the rear brake hard it starts to rub/vibrate a bit.

A little later in the night, as i was ambling driving the vehicle in a silent spot, usage of rear brake/clutch/ front brakes caused some strange squeaks to be heard temporarily. These sounds are not heard regularly though.

Is it the water wash that has removed the oil and causing this?

Also the marks on the front disc are radial (in the form of circles) but the rear disc does not have them radial. They are a mix of tangents(straight lines) in different ditections and radials. Any idea if this is normal.

Please advise.

Regards
Bharath
Old 13th May 2018, 11:02   #608
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hknda CBR 250 First Service observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Hello Folks, this is Bharath here from Hyderabad and i have a new 2018 CBR whose first service was done today. Distance travelled~200 kms. Now, everytime i use the rear brake hard it starts to rub/vibrate a bit.

A little later in the night, as i was ambling driving the vehicle in a silent spot, usage of rear brake/clutch/ front brakes caused some strange squeaks to be heard temporarily. These sounds are not heard regularly though.

Also the marks on the front disc are radial (in the form of circles) but the rear disc does not have them radial. They are a mix of tangents(straight lines) in different ditections and radials. Any idea if this is normal.

Please advise.

Regards
Bharath

Hello, Bharath. Some "operational sounds" for a lack of a better term are present in almost all vehicles, depending on the way the cables are routed and what not. Clutches make some mild clicking sound when engaging, and front brake lever too make mild clicking sound, which is absolutely normal.

Excessive water pressure can indeed clear off lubricants at certain points where parts are greased. It's advisable to use mild pressure on mechanical parts and electrical components.

Braking produces concentric rings on the rotor, as you've observed on your front rotor. The rear too must have the same concentric rings. Some tangential lines too are okay, they visible at certain angles, but mostly concentric rings.

A little homework for you. Check the rear caliper mount and the bolts check if they're loose. Hold the rear caliper firmly and give it firm shake, the caliper should move every so slightly, which is normal. If the caliper literally shakes off like a loose part, then it's time to tighten the caliper bolts (A loose caliper scenario is extremely unlikely)

Lastly, maybe you're concentrating a wee bit more on some sounds which are absolutely normal. Keep riding as you normally would, while observing the braking characteristics. Normal chain lubing, and lubing all the critical points as mentioned in the owners manual, would reduce of the creaks you're observing.

Invest in a good pair of helmet and gloves, if you haven't. Ride safe.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 13th May 2018 at 11:04.
Old 13th May 2018, 18:03   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Hello, Bharath. Some "operational sounds" for a lack of a better term are present in almost all vehicles, depending on the way the cables are routed and what not. Clutches make some mild clicking sound when engaging, and front brake lever too make mild clicking sound, which is absolutely normal.

Excessive water pressure can indeed clear off lubricants at certain points where parts are greased. It's advisable to use mild pressure on mechanical parts and electrical components.

Braking produces concentric rings on the rotor, as you've observed on your front rotor. The rear too must have the same concentric rings. Some tangential lines too are okay, they visible at certain angles, but mostly concentric rings.

A little homework for you. Check the rear caliper mount and the bolts check if they're loose. Hold the rear caliper firmly and give it firm shake, the caliper should move every so slightly, which is normal. If the caliper literally shakes off like a loose part, then it's time to tighten the caliper bolts (A loose caliper scenario is extremely unlikely)

Lastly, maybe you're concentrating a wee bit more on some sounds which are absolutely normal. Keep riding as you normally would, while observing the braking characteristics. Normal chain lubing, and lubing all the critical points as mentioned in the owners manual, would reduce of the creaks you're observing.

Invest in a good pair of helmet and gloves, if you haven't. Ride safe.

Cheers!
VJ
Thanks VJ,

That was reassuring and just what i needed for the moment. Will check what you asked me to and as you pointed out, get the lubing done frequently.

Thanks again,
Bharath
Old 14th May 2018, 12:34   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A little later in the night, as i was ambling driving the vehicle in a silent spot, usage of rear brake/clutch/ front brakes caused some strange squeaks to be heard temporarily. These sounds are not heard regularly though
If the noise bothers you, here's what you need to do...
1. Buy rubbing alcohol from a medical store
2. Use it to clean the rotors of the disc brakes using a CLEAN cloth. Use the solution liberally
3. Remove the pad & clean it as well, if you're a DIY guy OR ask all the above to be done by ASC for you

Quote:
but the rear disc does not have them radial. They are a mix of tangents(straight lines) in different ditections and radials. Any idea if this is normal
Pls wait until the vehicle runs something like 1-2K Km & see if the concentric circle appears on the rotors. 99.99% it should, otherwise, this is an issue.
Old 14th May 2018, 13:04   #611
BHPian

Quote:

Please advise.

Regards
Bharath
Don't worry. All the things you mentioned are quite normal. The bike being new, some components need to settle after a bit of wear (especially new brake pads). Chill and enjoy your ride.
Old 14th May 2018, 13:09   #612
BHPian

Quote:

Please advise.

Regards
Bharath
Sounds normal! Run-in the brakes correctly for the first few kms.
Old 15th May 2018, 19:55   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If yours is an ABS model, maybe the ABS is kicking in.
Why are you using the rear brakes hard?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 18th May 2018, 10:46   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
If yours is an ABS model, maybe the ABS is kicking in.
Why are you using the rear brakes hard?

Regards
Sutripta
I was running fever and was not exactly at my best strength wise. While getting out of the service centre, to maintain balance, I accidentally pressed the rear brake hard. Thats when i had this feeling. But now a week later all seems set.

Thank you anyway...

Regards
Bharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
If the noise bothers you, here's what you need to do...
1. Buy rubbing alcohol from a medical store
2. Use it to clean the rotors of the disc brakes using a CLEAN cloth. Use the solution liberally
3. Remove the pad & clean it as well, if you're a DIY guy OR ask all the above to be done by ASC for you

Pls wait until the vehicle runs something like 1-2K Km & see if the concentric circle appears on the rotors. 99.99% it should, otherwise, this is an issue.
Thanks for that. Also will watch out for the circles as the kilometers stack up.

Regards
Bharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit_Quad View Post
Don't worry. All the things you mentioned are quite normal. The bike being new, some components need to settle after a bit of wear (especially new brake pads). Chill and enjoy your ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
Sounds normal! Run-in the brakes correctly for the first few kms.
Thanks a lot guys...

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by bblost : 18th May 2018 at 14:59. Reason: back 2 back
Old 21st August 2018, 16:11   #615
BHPian

Hi folks. So I'm thinking of getting myself a pre-worshipped CBR-250r. I'm basically a Honda guy, currently ride a Zma for past 10 years or more. My previous ride was Unicorn back in 2006. There are budget constraints so can't think of a twin for now.

The problem is that my close friend who is a mechanic himself has told me that the 250r is a huge pain to own what with less parts availability and some parts almost impossible to source. The biggest grouse, they're way costlier than other mere mortals. This being in Mumbai. That's sad, but I think parts should not be a problem at the Service centers. What do you, the owners, have to say about this.

I need a faired sports tourer and at my budget the only other option seems to be 220f but I'm not really a fan of Bajaj. Any ideas anyone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks