Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 15:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

BMW Motorrad will be launching its range of bikes in India on April 14, 2017. This will mark the company's official entry into the Indian two-wheeler market.

While it was previously believed that BMW will be launching the G 310 R, its entry-level naked bike, to mark its Indian debut, recent reports have suggested that the G 310 R's India launch has been delayed. As a result, the bike maker is now expected to introduce its higher capacity range of bikes in the country.

BMW bikes that will likely be launching on April 14 include the R1200, K1600, R NineT, S1000R and the S1000RR. Meanwhile, the G 310 R is expected to be introduced in the country later this year.

BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-unnamed.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 27th March 2017 at 15:13.
dZired is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 16:13   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2

This invitation has been floating in the riding groups in Pune for quite a few days now. The Motorrad showroom is almost ready near Hotel Conrad, Pune.

From what I have heard, the model line-up is likely to be :
  • BMW R9T
  • BMW S1000 R
  • BMW S1000 RR
  • BMW S1000 XR
  • BMW R1200 R
  • BMW R1200 GS
  • BMW R1200 GSA
  • BMW K1600 GT
  • BMW K1600 GTL

The Bangalore dealership is almost ready as well, as per hearsay. Even expected pricing details provided by showroom officials are floating on whatsapp groups in both Pune and Bangalore.

Apparently, members of a riding group have even done bulk booking of a dozen R1200 GS motorcycles.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 17:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
This will mark the company's official entry into the Indian two-wheeler market
Confused!! http://www.motorrad-navnitmotors.in/

Was Navnit motors importing Beemers into India then? Were they unofficial dealers then?
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 17:48   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Was Navnit motors importing Beemers into India then? Were they unofficial dealers then?
I guess all the BMW's imported earlier through BMW Motorrad Mumbai - Navnit (the showroom at Atria Mall) were all CBU's. Are the ones being imported now CKDs or CBUs?

I thought they were also going to launch the F800 here
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 18:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I guess all the BMW's imported earlier through BMW Motorrad Mumbai - Navnit (the showroom at Atria Mall) were all CBU's
My point is...
If this was done with the knowledge of BMW Motorrad then, they're already present here, if not, they were illegal import, which I don't think so.

So what is that makes the difference now of BMW's OFFICIAL entry into India in Apr 2017?
Old 27th March 2017, 23:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
My point is...
If this was done with the knowledge of BMW Motorrad then, they're already present here, if not, they were illegal import, which I don't think so.

So what is that makes the difference now of BMW's OFFICIAL entry into India in Apr 2017?
I guess this could be a new dealer for BMW Motorrad.

The write-up mentions "official entry" but the image attached does not make this claim. It says "Bavaria Motors" - could be a new dealer/outlet.

Slightly OT, but I'm glad BMW are ramping up their presence in the INDIAN 2-wheeler segment. I'm a huge admirer of the R1200 GS/A and keep a keen eye out on ownership reports and travelogues on it. This news brings with it the possibilities of new owner experiences!
Old 28th March 2017, 00:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess this is the first direct push for the Motorrad division, with dealers coming up in multiple cities. And bikes getting priced competitively.

Hearing rumours of very competitive pricing on the GS and the S1000RR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The Bangalore dealership is almost ready as well, as per hearsay.
Tusker (Of Harley fame) is getting the dealership.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th March 2017 at 00:49.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 01:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
My point is...

As per my knowledge, Navnit Motors were legally importing BMW Motorcycles through BMW India. The entry of BMW Motorrad means the official entry of BMW 2-wheeler exclusive outlet. BMW is there only for BMW Cars/SUV, whereas BMW Motorrad would be exclusive for Motorcycle.
Shivanshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 05:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviouravenger View Post
I guess this could be a new dealer for BMW Motorrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
As per my knowledge, Navnit Motors were legally importing BMW Motorcycles through BMW India
This also means, BMW had an existing dealer already, which in turn means, they already had their presence isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I guess this is the first direct push for the Motorrad division, with dealers coming up in multiple cities. And bikes getting priced competitively
Err...then Navnit motors? They are dealers too isn't it? If they were first dealers to sell BMW motorcycles in India, then, BMW already has a presence isn't it?

Guys, not questioning any of you, just raising what's on my mind. I thought BMW motorcycles were present in India, but this official entry word leaves me confused
Old 28th March 2017, 05:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
This also means, BMW had an existing dealer already, which in turn means, they already had their presence isn't it?

Err...then Navnit motors? They are dealers too isn't it? If they were first dealers to sell BMW motorcycles in India, then, BMW already has a presence isn't it?

Guys, not questioning any of you, just raising what's on my mind. I thought BMW motorcycles were present in India, but this official entry word leaves me confused
Yes Navnit Motors were acting as a dealer for BMW Motorcycles. But to get BMW Motorcycle in India, they were importing it separately not through any official BMW Motorrad channel. The workshop of BMW in Faridabad used to cater to Navnit Motors for the sale & service of the BMW Motorcycles.

But now when BMW Motorrad would officially enter India then you will have exclusive BMW Motorrad showrooms n service workshop.

So it is like how 10yrs back one had to purchase superbike from dealers and not company. That is what Navnit Motors was doing so far for BMW Motorcycles.
Shivanshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:45   #11
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Navnit Motors was an importer, Motorrad had not officially entered India back then.

It is similar to what happened with Ducati. Back in 2010-11, Ducati had an importer in India (Ashish Chordia) but they officially entered India last year.

Things do not change for the customer though, except for the overall experience maybe.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:47   #12
BHPian

12th April in Mumbai

The Mumbai launch is on the 12th evening at the Motorad Showroom, near the Audi one at the Lokhandwala area at 8PM. This will be a company owned outfit, and will be managed by Navnit. So goes the grapevine.

The Pune one is two days later.

The pricing is attractive and the GS is coming in a 16+ and the GSA at 19+ both prices ex-showroom.

The same has prompted the present day superstar, the Africa Twin to state their prices- 16+ for the DCT version, but with 1.09* taxation structure due to its CKD kits verus the 1.21* taxation for the BMWs.

The bikes hence intend to keep their price international price differential in the Indian market too.

Rumours abound that they are already sold out on their sports bikes from Lot 1, and the GS/GSA are due only towards end June/July.

Now that Honda has woken up, would expect Suzuki to wake up and start on their V-Strom again.

Interesting days for all bikers ahead.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 11:01   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It was a similar case with BMW cars. Navnit used to be importing them since the early 2000s; however, the company officially entered India with local operations, management & assembly in 2007-08.

Now, let's not take the thread anymore off-topic, and focus on the motorcycles.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 07:54   #14
BHPian

Here is the pricing information shared by a member of my biker's group.BMW Motorrad launch. EDIT: Price list on page 2-img_5556.jpg

Last edited by csr9 : 29th March 2017 at 08:01.
csr9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 09:21   #15
BHPian

Is it just me or anyone else also thinks that this could've been the perfect platform to launch G310R?

People would've seen the bike being launched with legendary BMW superbikes and that would've rubbed off on the customers in a very good way.

Aspirational brand value is something which bikes like KTM and Bajaj absolutely don't have.

OR they maybe want to focus more on the G310r launch which could've been diluted if launched with other superbikes.
The Brutailer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks