Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2009, 18:17   #16
BHPian

Expecting the Ninja 250 to be brought out with this economic downturn is a little optimistic. Companies are trying to save costs and launching the Ninja may (I repeat, may) backfire in terms of it being a financial success. I can bet there are people, maybe even on this forum, who were contemplating buying a new bike/car, who are now waiting for better times to take the plunge.

Once things start looking better on that front, which they should in the next 6 months or so, we can start expecting the newer and better models from all the manufacturers to start appearing in the showrooms.

OR, I could be hopelessly wrong and they will release the bike at the start of the new financial year.
Old 17th January 2009, 21:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
!!!!

Where did you get this information?! If true, situation is serious for Bajaj. Bajaj said they will witness a marketshare drop -but a rise in profitability- because of their 125cc strategy. But I don't think they were prepared for this!

Essentially Bajaj will have to refresh their entire bike lineup this year.
Here's the ET report which says Bajaj has slipped to fourth position!
Bajaj Auto set for a rough ride as sales skid further - Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Bajaj have got their strategy completely wrong. They have ignored the 100cc segment. And the 125cc bikes that have been launched by them are nowhere near to being out of the world.

And they did nothing to the 150cc+ segment, which made them what they are now. The last launch was Pulsar 220, which was almost 2 years back!! They seriously need to get their act together.
Old 17th January 2009, 22:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

The news that Bajaj has slipped to 4th position is really shocking. Once it was on second spot and and was very near to Hero Honda. Right now the situation for Bajaj is really getting bad. I never expected this to happen. Goes on to show that for India, you cannot do without 100cc bike. In case of Honda, its the scooter that keeps them rolling and brought them up, but in case of bajaj, they lose Scooter ( we have Kristal at our home ) segment, Blaze never comes up and new Pulsar series are taking eternity to arrive. If this is continues to remain, then I think bajaj will go Girnar way.
Old 18th January 2009, 02:20   #19
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Goes on to show that for India, you cannot do without 100cc bike.
Bajaj have a 100cc bike, the Himesh Reshamiya Platina. The lack of activity in the 150-200cc segment is baffling. The Bajaj lineup is too stagnant, it is as they fired their R&D team?!

Yes, they need a 125cc scooter too. The XCD-125cc can donate the motor for the same. But the rest of the package will have to match Honda, Suzuki level of completeness.

OMG Bajaj truly are fourth!
Honda must be loving this. cheers:

Old 18th January 2009, 08:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Oh man, cant Bajaj see whats happenning ? Good for you Sriram, COngratulations man, the R15 is the closest one can get to performance riding. I will continue to hope some more. Guess its been about 10 years and counting :(
Thanks Sammy!

R-15 is kind of OK. I still think that my ZMA I sold off earlier this year was better is most of the aspects.

I also took a test-drive of P220. It was not bad, but the engine was coarse. So, I finally took a R15 without a test-drive. [I now know why Yamaha does not give test drives for R15 - No one will take the bike after the test-drive! ]

It is high time Bajaj takes the market seriously and do some work on some really new launches.

I hope your optimism in waiting for the Ninja pays off...
Old 18th January 2009, 15:03   #21
BHPian

Newest issue of Bike India says that the Ninja will be out in a few months. It has already been assembled at the Chakan plant in Pune. Other launches maybe a facelifted P220 and a 200FI. Also, the Bajaj Blade scooterette, the XCD Sprint 150cc and an ultra-low cost (~25,000 INR) 100cc commuter bike manufactured in China are the other contenders.
Old 18th January 2009, 18:14   #22
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
an ultra-low cost (~25,000 INR) 100cc commuter bike manufactured in China are the other contenders.
What about import duties? How are they able to price the bike so cheaply?

IMO this 100cc Chinese bike plan is out of spite for Munjal Honda. Bajaj wants to 'poison' the 100cc segment.

Old 18th January 2009, 18:24   #23
BHPian

Wonder how much the facelifted 220 will be with the carbon fibre like endcan. Btw was wondering if that was really carbon fibre of some kinda lookalike material? I think the 200FI will rock the market. Hope the baby Ninja comes out soon! Wake up Bajaj before you slip to 5th position soon!!
Old 18th January 2009, 18:55   #24
BHPian

As much as I admire Honda's products, I hate to see an Indian company slipping in the market. Hope Bajaj gets their product lineup in order soon. How about launching the Ninja 250 immediatley!

Last edited by Volt : 18th January 2009 at 18:57. Reason: Typo
Old 19th January 2009, 11:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
What about import duties? How are they able to price the bike so cheaply?

IMO this 100cc Chinese bike plan is out of spite for Munjal Honda. Bajaj wants to 'poison' the 100cc segment.
My fault. The bike will initially be manufactured in the Chinese market and will only be brought to India in 2010 under a different brand name to protect Bajaj's brand name. Go figure.

Also, the sixth bike is just a 100 cc commuter, not the ultra-low cost one.

@Kevciti - the magazine says it has a carbon "finish". I'm betting its a lookalike material.
Old 19th January 2009, 12:37   #26

NEW INDIAN BIKES - Reply

Quote:
Just a heads up. Mr. Bajaj was on CNBC some hours earlier, and he discussed the perfromance of his company.

In the course of conversation he confirmed that Bajaj is launching a new bike called XCD-135 on 21.01.2009. The bike is being positioned as a 'sporty-commuter'. Fuel efficiency of a 100 cc and performance of a 135cc motor (according to him!).

He also mentioned that Bajaj are going to launch six new prodcuts this year.
Yes, of course he will - probably they will be like this :

125.9 cc
126 cc
135.87 cc
135.9201234 cc
137 (WOW ! a whole CC up !)
221.000034 cc because 222 cc would overbore the original 150 too much and blow the engine up you see...

such are Indian manufactures and their "new models". Am still patiently waiting for BAJAJ to launch the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and the KTM Duke - both of which were promised years ago....
Old 19th January 2009, 14:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBreeze View Post
Yes, of course he will - probably they will be like this :

125.9 cc
126 cc
135.87 cc
135.9201234 cc
137 (WOW ! a whole CC up !)
221.000034 cc because 222 cc would overbore the original 150 too much and blow the engine up you see...

such are Indian manufactures and their "new models". Am still patiently waiting for BAJAJ to launch the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and the KTM Duke - both of which were promised years ago....
Bajaj is playing the CC game with the old Pulsar 150 engine. Every bike has 1-2 CC's more while our HH uses stickers and +'s !
whats next by Bajaj? Pulsar 220 ++!

Forget the Vulcan atleast let them give us the baby Ninja ninja 250.
Old 21st January 2009, 19:24   #28
SuperSyn

Bajaj Auto unveils new bike

Quote:
Bajaj Auto has launched the all new sports commuter motorcycle, the Bajaj XCD 135 DTS-Si.

While it is meant for regular use, this bike will be sporty both in its performance and styling. Aimed at the customers in the value segment looking for a sporty alternative, it will have many first-in-class features like a 135cc DTS-Si engine, a 5 speed gear box, auto choke, gas filled Nitrox absorbers, digital speedometer and LED tail lamps. Other significant features, include electric-start and front disc-brake.

With its 10.5 bhp engine, sporty styling, long feature-list and a price of approximately Rs 45,000 (ex-showroom), it will be a very compelling alternative to all lesser performing and conservatively styled 100cc motorcycles in the value segment. The Bajaj XCD 135 DTS-Si will be manufactured in Waluj. There are 5 colors and decal option available, which the consumer can choose from.

This bike is the first of our three launches in the value segment. We already have a very strong position in the entry and the premium segment of the motorcycle market, and now we will have an extremely strong line-up in the value segment as well," said S Sridhar, Chief Executive Officer (Two Wheelers), Bajaj Auto.

Old 21st January 2009, 21:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

What is really the point of this bike ?
XCD 125 is 9.5 bhp and this 135 is 10.5 bhp. So what is the main difference ? Just confusing the customer more to indirectly urge him to go to competitors dealership.

What they need is a new 150cc bike with a good sorted out chassis ( as compared to present Pulsar ) with liquid cooling sporty version and one " normal " bike without liquid cooling. This is the only way to survive.
I was expecting a new 125cc discover with 12+ bhp as a sporty variant to fight CBF stunner.
Bajaj is making an insane joke of itself. I am sure this bike will die down after a few days and in fact the Discover 135 is doing a reasonably good job here in the 135cc segment. There was no need to add this verison to increase competition between two bikes from same manufacturer and shooting up confusion for customer.
Old 21st January 2009, 21:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Why can't bike makers come up with something a bit more sporty looking, something on the likes of a SBK.Full fairing et al.
Any pics of the XCD ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks