Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2014, 21:45   #2116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 206
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
Dear all,
I have a 2012 Verna SX variant. Is it possible to enable the speed-sensing auto door lock on SX?
The speed sensing auto door lock cannot be enabled in the SX version. However, if you wish to install any third-party car security system (may void warranty), it would have the auto-lock feature, but it would not be speed sensitive, instead the car will be locked after certain number of seconds once the ignition is turned on, I have such a setup in my Santro.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 22:26   #2117
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

That Odo reading is more a coincidence...

it's adieu to Madame Xing after 2955 days / 129129 kms of travelling together. Who said that only Germans & Japs know to make reliable cars? On highways she still used to give ~19kmpl, as many of my kerala trips vouch for.

Now it's time to welcome the real Korean beauty (SX CRDi), more on her, after spending some quality time together, some ICE et al..
Here she is - in her Stardust best
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-15042014558.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-fluidicverna_stardust.jpg  

kosh4u is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 08:57   #2118
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 3,207 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
That Odo reading is more a coincidence...

it's adieu to Madame Xing after 2955 days / 129129 kms of travelling together. Who said that only Germans & Japs know to make reliable cars? On highways she still used to give ~19kmpl, as many of my kerala trips vouch for.

Now it's time to welcome the real Korean beauty (SX CRDi), more on her, after spending some quality time together, some ICE et al..
Here she is - in her Stardust best
Wish you all the best kosh4u. I am sure you will enjoy this experience. The engine is a gem and you need to drive the car in the correct rev range to enjoy the driving experience. I would suggest you drive the car in Eco mode which indicates when the gear needs to be changed, till you get used to the power band of this car.

Welcome to the Verna gang

Cheers

KPS
KPS is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 10:48   #2119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Wish you all the best kosh4u. I am sure you will enjoy this experience. The engine is a gem and you need to drive the car in the correct rev range to enjoy the driving experience. I would suggest you drive the car in Eco mode which indicates when the gear needs to be changed, till you get used to the power band of this car.

Welcome to the Verna gang

Cheers

KPS
Thanks a lot KPS. Couldn't agree any more - it's indeed a joy, especially when the RPM is ~2K.

Overall extremely happy, with 2 -ves noted [no auto lock of doors, no theft alarm a la Auto Cop].

Couple of questions -
- What is the suggested run-in period, 1000 km/1500km?
- Is it ok to undertake a long trip (1000kms) within the run-in period (if I am restricting myself to a sedate ~100kmph?
- Is there any suggested RPM restriction during the period - say 2K max?
Thanking you in advance.
kosh4u is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 11:26   #2120
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 654
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

An update on my Coil springs issue.

I got a call from dealer on Monday and he said Hyundai has not approved the coil spring replacement for my car.
I asked them to connect me with the person in Hyundai directly. They refused to give me his number, but gave me the email address of one Mr. Vaibhav Bhatnagar who is the area manager for service. I wrote him an email giving him links from Tem Bhp on monday itself.

I got the car back on Monday afternoon and i notice no difference at all after the rear shocker pad replacement.

This is really turning out to be a big frustration on how Hyundai is turning a blind eye on this case. But, i will be pursuing this till the time i dont get a reasonable solution from Hyundai.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 15:48   #2121
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 3,207 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
Couple of questions -
- What is the suggested run-in period, 1000 km/1500km?
- Is it ok to undertake a long trip (1000kms) within the run-in period (if I am restricting myself to a sedate ~100kmph?
- Is there any suggested RPM restriction during the period - say 2K max?
Thanking you in advance.
On the 6th gear @ 2000 rpm you will hit 110 kmph. Taking the rev beyond 2K over short periods must not be a challenge. Running-in the car successfully requires you to vary speeds and no hard braking. Please see http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-run-your-new-car

Idling the car properly, once you start and before you kill the engine is important. Please see http://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/i...o-charged-cars

Do not idle your car continuously for more than 3 minutes (for eg. parking with the AC on) during the running-in period.

All the best

Cheers

KPS
KPS is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 04:23   #2122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
At last my pen drive problem ( coming back to the first song) has been indentified by me as a problem with the horn relay as it always coincides with blowing of the horn, more so at night with head lamps & fog lamps on. Hope to replace the relay on my next visit to the service station.
Hey Chitta, did you ever get the relay problem resolved in your car ?
I am having some issues myself since the new morimoto projectors have been installed. The electricals flick when I turn on the headlamps one out of 10 times when I had 35W HIDs and now almost every alternate time since I switched to 55W HIDs. I also changed the horn to a Hella Truetone Trumpet and it does not sound well with the headlamps on. If I turn them off, they sound fine. A relay is needed for the horn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
Overall extremely happy, with 2 -ves noted [no auto lock of doors, no theft alarm a la Auto Cop].
You can get the theft alarm installed from Hyundai Dealer for an additional cost of 2500 including installation with 2 or 3 years warranty(cant recall exact) which will give you the auto lock functionality of doors along with the theft alarm. You can also disable the sound when the car is reversed which is enabled by default in the alarm. I have it in my car and would definitely recommend it over other after market ones.


Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
An update on my Coil springs issue.
I got a call from dealer on Monday and he said Hyundai has not approved the coil spring replacement for my car.
I asked them to connect me with the person in Hyundai directly. They refused to give me his number, but gave me the email address of one Mr. Vaibhav Bhatnagar who is the area manager for service. I wrote him an email giving him links from Tem Bhp on monday itself.

I got the car back on Monday afternoon and i notice no difference at all after the rear shocker pad replacement.

This is really turning out to be a big frustration on how Hyundai is turning a blind eye on this case. But, i will be pursuing this till the time i dont get a reasonable solution from Hyundai.
Hey can you let me know which service center you visited in delhi ? I have already tried my luck at 3 service centers which includes kirti nagar, and 2 in mayapuri. Have even gone for test drives with them but the roads are not that bad in the nearby roads so they could not reproduce the issue and hence refused to change them. The explanation they gave is that unless they can show the issue to the company guy, they wont be able to replace it. Please share the conversation that you have with Vaibhav from Hyundai and pm me your number as well. I plan to visit the service center guys again this weekend for a bluetooth mic issue as well as for the rear suspension. will post when I have an updated

Last edited by mani_jeenu : 17th April 2014 at 04:39.
mani_jeenu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 07:14   #2123
BHPian
 
revved_up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 654
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
Hey can you let me know which service center you visited in delhi ? I have already tried my luck at 3 service centers which includes kirti nagar, and 2 in mayapuri. Have even gone for test drives with them but the roads are not that bad in the nearby roads so they could not reproduce the issue and hence refused to change them. The explanation they gave is that unless they can show the issue to the company guy, they wont be able to replace it. Please share the conversation that you have with Vaibhav from Hyundai and pm me your number as well. I plan to visit the service center guys again this weekend for a bluetooth mic issue as well as for the rear suspension. will post when I have an updated
Hey, since i live in West Delhi(janakpuri to be precise), I have been dealing with Samara Hyundai Kirti Nagar and Mayapuri only.
Till now, Vaibhav Bhatnagar has not replied to my email. I had sent him an email on Monday and sent another reminder last night.
Will also PM you my number, if you are also planning to get this done, we can together put some pressure.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 07:44   #2124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 377
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
Hey Chitta, did you ever get the relay problem resolved in your car ?
Yes it has been solved long back. My problem was that while playing in USB mode, the track was coming to the first song automatically. But I could not prove it to SA during test drive, because it never happened in their presence. They said 'Saar, your car has no problem, problem is in your pen drives'. I was adamant & said all my 4 pen drives of different makes can n't go wrong at the same time. It took me a mail complaint to Hyundai & some harsh words to get the horn relay replaced under warranty. Since then absolutely no issues at all.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 10:54   #2125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 377
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Reposting as it is more relevant here:-

@Amyth Prabhakar

I have a HASS here. They did not have springs in stock. I had purchased two rear springs from Bhubaneswar through one of my friends & will install those tomorrow. Posting pictures & my doubts/apprehensions:

1. In the dark blue sticker, you can find packaging month of one is May-2013 & of the other is June-2013. So if these are stiffer, 2013 May/June model cars should have stiffer set ups. Why the stiffer set up has come in 2014?

2. What is more confusing is MRP of 05/13 spring is Rs 1486/- & of 06/13 is Rs 699/-. The parts numbers are different too- 55300- 1V050 & 55330- 1V150

3.I presume wrong sticker has been put in 05/13 pack , the narrations are different- spring-RR & Shock absorber assy-RR.

4. Sky blue stickers have different parts numbers too- 55330-1V050 & 55330-1V150 ( same as dark blue stickers ), but here in both stickers the narration is same ie. spring-RR.

5. Visually both the springs are same.

6. Invoice too has different parts number. Is it that right & left springs have different part numbers?

If you still have the photographs, please do me a favour and inform the month of packaging & parts number. After replacing the springs, if I do not get any benefit, then it would be a sheer waste of money. I can very well wait for few more months & try to get springs packaged in 2014.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_070348930_hdr.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_070423549.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_070633793.jpg  

Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 13:10   #2126
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 206
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
The parts numbers are different too- 55300- 1V050 & 55330- 1V150
I read in another forum (link here) that the part ending 050 is for petrol and the one ending 150 is for the Diesel. Since the diesel is slightly heavier than petrol, I believe even though they visually look the same, there could be difference in their specifications.

Also, I suggest getting the part numbers used in 2014 Verna and go for them.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 17th April 2014 at 13:13.
Voyager-1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 16:11   #2127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 377
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I read in another forum (link here) that the part ending 050 is for petrol and the one ending 150 is for the Diesel. Since the diesel is slightly heavier than petrol, I believe even though they visually look the same, there could be difference in their specifications.

Also, I suggest getting the part numbers used in 2014 Verna and go for them.
Thank you so much. Requesting 2014 Verna owners to share the parts number of the springs referring to their dealers. It will be of great help to many old Verna owners like me.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 20:07   #2128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 206
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Requesting 2014 Verna owners to share the parts number of the springs referring to their dealers. It will be of great help to many old Verna owners like me.
Wildon might be able to help us with the part numbers of the 2014 Verna Front & Rear suspension springs. In the past, he had created a nice thread for i20 tips and tricks with various part numbers (have quoted that below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 20:33   #2129
BHPian
 
Desi Dybuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: KA 25
Posts: 120
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Ok, it looks like the part numbers ending in 050 are for Petrol & those ending in 150 are for Diesel. The coil springs replaced in my Verna (Petrol) are 050. However, they only replaced the coil springs & only for the rear though. I wonder is the TSB says something about doing the sane surgery for the front as well.

BTW, I strongly suggest getting same part number for both springs for your car ( I don't know if you have Diesel or Petrol)

If some of the other Verna owners who got the suspension work done would post their part numbers, we can have some finality on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Thank you so much. Requesting 2014 Verna owners to share the parts number of the springs referring to their dealers. It will be of great help to many old Verna owners like me.
Desi Dybuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 01:51   #2130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Hello fellow Verna owners,

It has been 5 days since I got my Verna 1.4 CX crdi, would like to share few observations:

1) Gear shift is not that smooth, doesn't go into slots very smoothly
2) I could hear a sound inside the cabin when I change gears
3) There is THUD sound when going over the speed breaker
4) steering feels a bit life less

Have done 250 kms so far, will soon put my ownership thread.

thanks
Ravi
raviacc2825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 387 5th July 2016 11:49
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks