Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 14:12   #1366
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
I was in doubt as to whether putting the new seat cover will create an issue for the side air bags. I had a word with two dealers here in Trivandrum. While one immediately said NO and that it should not be done, the other dealer said there are no problems in doing it.

Could someone please shed some light on this? I would rather have my car dirty than hamper with the functioning of the airbags.
Please see page 5-32 of the manual which states "Use of seat covers could reduce or prevent the effectiveness of the system

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 14:20   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear that!! look forward to seeing an ownership report and some images of the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
I have covered close to 8K kms on the car and journey has been very good so far.
Old 15th October 2011, 14:40   #1368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
@ Swifttnfurious: No relay installed. The mechanic did not advise for it.Thanks
I suggest you consult with couple of more mechanics or the mechanics [NOT SA] in your HASS on installing relay for the higher wattage bulb. In every post that I have read about installing 100/90 bulbs, people have suggested a relay also be installed.
Old 15th October 2011, 14:58   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@wolfff: I did head light upgradation( philips 100/90 w) after market. The service advisor at the dealer was against it & had advised me to stick to the stock bulbs ( halonix-60/55 w).

@ Swifttnfurious: No relay installed. The mechanic did not advise for it.

Thanks
I would advise you to get the relays installed ASAP. The 100/90W bulbs produce a lot of heat which many a time results in the wire getting burnt. Have faced it with my dad's Indica DLS.
Get the relays installed of either Bosch or PMP. Dont settle for anything less. Road side mechanics want you always keep coming to them for some or the other work which could have been done in the first place.
My 2p.
Old 16th October 2011, 19:10   #1370
BHPian

Can some one explain me how a relay will be helpful & what is it's function?? With the relay installed, can I go for still powerful bulbs eg. Philips 135/130 or so.

Today returned from another long drive-520 km to & fro with almost nil city driving. FE 19.2 TFM, 100% AC, speed 120 kmph when ever the road permitted. I think FE can be 20+, if a speed of 90-100 kmph is maitained. Next time I will surely give it a try.

Cheers
Old 16th October 2011, 20:03   #1371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can some one explain me how a relay will be helpful & what is it's function?? With the relay installed, can I go for still powerful bulbs eg. Philips 135/130 or so.
Found this thread while searching.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...att-lamps.html

It's mainly to prevent the bulb getting fused and also to prevent wire burn out I guess.

I would say anything beyond a 100/90 is an overkill. With the extra wattage, you also get extra heat & load on the battery. There are high chances you will damage the reflectors too when you use such high power bulbs. If you run long during night, its also suggested that you use ceramic holders which can handle more heat from these bulbs.
Old 18th October 2011, 21:48   #1372
BHPian

Today my car's rear parking sensor has malfunctioned. When reverse gear is put, it beeps continously even when there is nothing behind the car. What could be the problem? Any ideas plz.

Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 21:56   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Today my car's rear parking sensor has malfunctioned. When reverse gear is put, it beeps continously even when there is nothing behind the car. What could be the problem? Any ideas plz.

Thanks
This happened to me once. Only thing I noticed was that the car was exceptionally dirty. Gave it a thorough wash and it fixed the beep issue. I'm guessing the sensors act up when they're dirty. Sounds weird, but I have no other explanation.

Try hosing down the sensors and see if they still beep.

Another thing is that sometimes when I engage reverse, the sensor beeps thrice instead of the usual single beep with pause. To be precise instead of the beep pause beep, its beep-beep-beep pause beep-beep-beep. And its not the same as the one when you get closer to an obstacle.

Last edited by Tassem : 18th October 2011 at 21:57.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 11:05   #1374
BHPian

Hyundai is offering stiffer suspension upgrade in Russia to address vernas high speed handling problem free of cost,after all around criticism in Russian press.Wonder when we get that?
Old 19th October 2011, 11:16   #1375
BHPian

@Tassem- I will do a thorough rear wash & then see if the problem persists. Thanks for your advice. Without proper working of the rear sensors, it is very difficult to park the car in a tight spot.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:44   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
If washing doesn't solve the issue, one of the sensors would have conked off! I have had this problem in my Swift too. Tried washing & all and it still kept beeping. Finally checked at MASS & found out that 1 of 4 sensors is damaged. You probably should be able to source a single sensor & rectify the issue.
Old 19th October 2011, 16:07   #1377
Senior - BHPian

What would be the cost for a single sensor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If washing doesn't solve the issue, one of the sensors would have conked off! I have had this problem in my Swift too. Tried washing & all and it still kept beeping. Finally checked at MASS & found out that 1 of 4 sensors is damaged. You probably should be able to source a single sensor & rectify the issue.
Old 19th October 2011, 16:11   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
What would be the cost for a single sensor?
Guess I was quoted a 250/- odd for some local stuff. Not sure how much is Hyundai charging for theirs - Should be around 500/- at the max is my assumption.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 18:52   #1379
BHPian

Even after washing & cleaning of all the sensors, the problem continues. I think I have to replace the faulty sensor. Doubt that whether new sensors are available at the service station or not? Does sensor of any other Hyundai car fits in? I believe, this should be covered under warranty. Service station is 60 km from my place. Tomorrow I will talk to the service manager & then will decide what to do.

Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 19:04   #1380
BHPian

It should be covered under warranty. Though I doubt if they'll have individual sensors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks