Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 23:13   #1261
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
@cog:Waiting period was 3 months & 4 days for the Diesel. Reasonable enough in my opinion.
Congrats on receiving confirmation on your new Verna. The waiting period has seems to have come down drastically in your case. In Chennai (40 kms from Hyundai factory), the dealers have printed announcements saying 6-7 months delivery for Diesel.
Old 1st September 2011, 00:56   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats on receiving confirmation on your new Verna. The waiting period has seems to have come down drastically in your case. In Chennai (40 kms from Hyundai factory), the dealers have printed announcements saying 6-7 months delivery for Diesel.
Do not think distance from dealer to company has got anything to do with the deliveries of the car.
All that matters is how much allotment the dealer would have got and how much amount of booking the dealer would have made initially with the company.

The moment he get alloted its hardly a matter of 3-5 days to deliver the car from company to dealer.
Old 1st September 2011, 08:06   #1263
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Do not think distance from dealer to company has got anything to do with the deliveries of the car.
All that matters is how much allotment the dealer would have got and how much amount of booking the dealer would have made initially with the company.

The moment he get alloted its hardly a matter of 3-5 days to deliver the car from company to dealer.
I agree. What i meant is not the transit time, but Hyundai seems to want their dealers to under promise (6 months waiting period) and over deliver (3 - 4 months).

I was contemplating buying a Verna and with good contacts in one of its dealers in Chennai. Everything changed after the TD, but what i was told is that Hyundai numbers the orders received for the Verna leaving no control of the dealer on allocations.

Last edited by MAS : 1st September 2011 at 08:10.
Old 1st September 2011, 10:09   #1264
Senior - BHPian

When I had gone for the TD, the SA told me that we say that it will take 6 months to deliver, but we really do expect to be able to deliver in 4. Was probably a part of some sales strategy.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:53   #1265
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Verna numbers for August confirms that the car is really doing well. The failure of Ford to strike the right cord with the NFF means that waiting period will be still long for the ANHV. We saw the impact of the ANHV on the Vento waiting periods which is down drastically especially in the North. I guess the waiting period for ANHV will too come down as Hyundai corrects the imports delays especially for the diesel and the general slow down should help reduce the waiting time.

The numbers for August

Cars Units Dispatched
ANHV 4211
Vento 3019
City 5819
NFF 401

Cheers

KPS
Old 6th September 2011, 19:44   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Verna numbers for August confirms that the car is really doing well. The failure of Ford to strike the right cord with the NFF means that waiting period will be still long for the ANHV.
And for the Vento too. Except in the north, waiting periods are going up all across the country unfortunately.

Quote:
Cars Units Dispatched
ANHV 4211
Over 17k new Verna(s) delivered by Hyundai in the last 4 months, and we have hardly two or three ownership threads of the new Verna on T-BHP. Are no TBHPians buying the Verna?
Old 6th September 2011, 19:48   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Over 17k new Verna(s) delivered by Hyundai in the last 4 months, and we have hardly two or three ownership threads of the new Verna on T-BHP. Are no TBHPians buying the Verna?
Have you forgotten the greatest force exerted on mortal men? No, its not women. Its laziness Plus everything that has to be said has been already mentioned. If something new crops up someplace, we pitch in.

You can always ask specific questions here and you will get specific answers. But ownership threads are too much work..
Old 6th September 2011, 20:53   #1268
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Seeing the number of Vento Ownership reports I initially thought that I should start one on my ANHV. But somehow it did not feel I would be adding additional value other than bragging rights if I started my own ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Plus everything that has to be said has been already mentioned. If something new crops up someplace, we pitch in.
You can always ask specific questions here and you will get specific answers.
+1, Through this thread we can share all our experiences. Any new buyer would look at this thread.

Cheers

KPS
Old 6th September 2011, 21:15   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you forgotten the greatest force exerted on mortal men? No, its not women. Its laziness
Well, don't have an answer to that!

Quote:
Plus everything that has to be said has been already mentioned. If something new crops up someplace, we pitch in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Seeing the number of Vento Ownership reports I initially thought that I should start one on my ANHV. But somehow it did not feel I would be adding additional value other than bragging rights if I started my own ownership thread
I disagree guys. Over here, a car buyer would get mostly a unanimous decision - 20% provide feedback after actually testing out the car, while 80% just carry forward the opinion. For e.g. the high speed stability issues of the car.

An ownership thread gives you an individual's outlook about the car - you can choose to agree/disagree, and take the argument forward - at times you discover a lot more about the car through such discussions - case in point the thread on Vento.

And this current thread's been quite silent for the last few days.
Old 6th September 2011, 21:32   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
An ownership thread gives you an individual's outlook about the car
To be honest, I've been meaning to start an ownership thread for a few days now. But could just not find the time to write an interesting one with pics to boot.

Plus I feel that doing research, sifting through various threads and finding that 20% of useful info you mentioned is half the fun of the whole buying exercise.

If you've noticed, every time somebody has asked a specific question about the Verna without buying the hogwash being published, its always been answered. But there will always be complaints about it not being the perfect car.

To be honest, I personally know three other Verna owners and none of us have any complaints about the car except for the scraping issue. As far as I'm concerned, we need to blame the government for the pathetic roads than taking car manufacturers to task.

Last edited by Tassem : 6th September 2011 at 21:35.
Old 8th September 2011, 07:24   #1271
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Like the VW Vento are we seeing a difference in the waiting periods between North and South?

What are the waiting period in North for the CRDi? I guess in South the waiting periods are 4-6 months depending on colour and model. Auto tranny seems to be the most difficult.

Cheers

KPS
Old 9th September 2011, 14:47   #1272
BHPian

For some wondering about the wait times:

Verna 1.6 Diesel
Booked - May 7th (1 week before official launch)
Delivered - Sep 9th

The SE confirmed today that all bookings made before the car was launched are now complete (New Delhi). Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:14   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Tell me you are joking, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:22   #1274
BHPian

Quote:

Verna 1.6 Diesel
Delivered - Sep 9th

The SE confirmed today that all bookings made before the car was launched are now complete (New Delhi). Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
1 year for diesel verna????? U serious, is this across all dealerships or with the dealer where you have booked your car.

-Sajan
Old 9th September 2011, 18:49   #1275
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Verna 1.6 Diesel
Delivered - Sep 9th

I know aleast 2 people who booked their Verna in April and got their car in July. Till last week, the waiting period in Chennai was 6 months with an unofficial delivery period of 3 to 4 months.

Çongrats on your drive buddy, but I guess your SA has told you 1 year to make you feel better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks