Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 21:52   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Hi, I am planning to do a quick weekend trip to Hyderabad from Pune. I am planning to start at around 5PM from Pune tomorrow. It'll be me, wifey and our Safari. Is it advisable to drive in the night because I guess it'll be around 9 PM by the time we hit Solapur.? Is the Solapur-Hyderabad a strict NO in the night, and is that only because of the road or are there other safety factors? Clearly NH9 is out of question, so out of the other 2 routes which shall I choose? And what if I choose this route? http://goo.gl/maps/ByNJC Cheers! Ajit
No safety issues.Horrible roads.The detour you have mentioned is a looong one.I would say drive at night at your own peril on nh9.

The other option is to take nh4 till kolhapur-miraj-athani-bijapur-jevargi-gulbarga-sedam-kodangal-parigi-chevella-moinabad-nehru orr.Road is good throughout.but expect isolated sections at night once you exit miraj.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 23:29   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The other option is to take nh4 till kolhapur-miraj-athani-bijapur-jevargi-gulbarga-sedam-kodangal-parigi-chevella-moinabad-nehru orr.Road is good throughout.but expect isolated sections at night once you exit miraj.
Ranjit, how about this route after Bijapur till Pargi (rest as you suggested) : Bijapur-Sindagi-Shahpur-Yadgir-Gurmatkal-Pargi?
Old 10th January 2014, 10:27   #273
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No safety issues.Horrible roads.The detour you have mentioned is a looong one.I would say drive at night at your own peril on nh9.

Thanks a lot for this new route, this looks good. In this one is it possible to do Solapur-Gulbarga through the SH 10. This saves more than 150 kms on this route then.?
Or if not this then go towards Bijapur and turn towards Salotagi on SH34. This again is 100 kms shorter. Are these 2 routes also in very bad shape?
Old 10th January 2014, 12:18   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Ranjit, how about this route after Bijapur till Pargi (rest as you suggested) : Bijapur-Sindagi-Shahpur-Yadgir-Gurmatkal-Pargi?
This route is also good,but expect nil traffic and inhabitation in the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Thanks a lot for this new route, this looks good. In this one is it possible to do Solapur-Gulbarga through the SH 10. This saves more than 150 kms on this route then.?
Or if not this then go towards Bijapur and turn towards Salotagi on SH34. This again is 100 kms shorter. Are these 2 routes also in very bad shape?
SH10 route is good,but there is no road for 20kms between akkalkot and sarasamba (MH-KA border) and daytime it takes about an hour and at night its going to be terrible.

About your suggested bijapur-salotagi I dont have any information.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 10th January 2014 at 12:19.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 01:25   #275
BHPian

just got back on the second of this month , the whole route via solapur and gulbarga is great except for that akkalkot stretch 20km of just plain gravel, rest is awesome roads
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:21   #276
BHPian

Anyone done Thane-Hyderabad recently? Need very recent road status, travel time and overall driving conditions. Thanks !!!
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:23   #277
BHPian

Planning to drive down next month. All inputs would be helpful.
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:31   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
Anyone done Thane-Hyderabad recently? Need very recent road status, travel time and overall driving conditions. Thanks !!!
  • Via NH9:Thane-Pune-Solapur:Excellent,4laned.

Hadapsar-Solapur:4-4.5hr

Solapur-Hyderabad:Rough roads,5-6hr drive.Some potholes have been patched up,but overall I would still rate it as bad.

Overall budget for a 14-15hr drive.
  • Alternate option is Pune-NH4-Karad-Islampur-Sangli-Athni-Bijapur-Jewargi-Gulbarga-SH10-Sedam-Kodangal-Parigi-Moinabad-ORR-Hyd.Good roads.
  • With 20kms horrible stretch:Solapur-Akkalkot-Wagdari-Sarasamba-Aland-Gulbarga-Sedam-Kodangal-Parigi-Moinabad-ORR
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 22:26   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post

Thanks to ranjitp1 and bigzero for this info. Hope to use it on my next trip to Hyderabad. Remember the sad roads from solapur to Hyderabad last time I went to Hyderabad. If it saves 2 hours and reduces wear and tear of your car it's a blessing.
Thanks friend. Appreciate your quick response.
Old 2nd February 2014, 23:38   #280
Senior - BHPian

I have done both up and down on the Karad - Islampur - Sangli - Miraj - Athani - Bijapur - Jevargi - Gulbarga - Sedam - Kodangal - Pargi - Chevella - Hyd route in the past few weeks as well as the Pune - Hadapsar - Solapur - Humnabad - Bidar - Zaheerabad - Hyd route last week.

I would definitely recommend the Bijapur - Gulbarga route. It is longer but the time taken is the same. NH9 is frustrating to say the least.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 12:18   #281
BHPian

Thanks. Will take Bijapur - Gulbarga route.
Old 4th March 2014, 20:14   #282
Senior - BHPian

I got an update from bhpian Josepeter who travelled to Mumbai last week via Gulbarga to Solapur via Akkalkot. He said that the border near Akkalkot is purely SUV territory for about 20 kms. As he was in his Safari, it was not much of a deterrant.

Another update from Hyd_traveller who went to Bidar a couple of days ago was that the stretch from Patancheru till Zaheerabad is not as bad is it was sometime ago. There are potholes, but not too many, and easily identifiable. But the road is not smooth at some places.

Therefore going to Solapur via Zaheerabad, Bidar and Homnabad might be a better option than the Akkalkot stretch.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 21:30   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have done both up and down on the Karad - Islampur - Sangli - Miraj - Athani - Bijapur - Jevargi - Gulbarga - Sedam - Kodangal - Pargi - Chevella - Hyd route .
I would definitely recommend the Bijapur - Gulbarga route. It is longer but the time taken is the same. NH9 is frustrating to say the least.

Cheers,
Revvveendra,
How safe is the above route for a night drive. Any idea on the route condition between Solapur and Bijapur .
Old 6th March 2014, 22:03   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Revvveendra,
How safe is the above route for a night drive. Any idea on the route condition between Solapur and Bijapur .
Road is lonely but no safety issues heard of.

Bijapur-Solapur on H13 is a good drive.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 10:27   #285
BHPian

Hi, Any updates on the road conditions from Solapur to Hyd? Planning for road trip from Thane to Hyd, if the road conditions have improved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks