Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi Cedia

Hello folks! My first post here. I'm looking for a car in the 9-10L range and so far have narrowed down on the Cedia which looks like a really good deal after the latest round of price cuts. I'm being quoted 9.45L on road for the Cedia Select by Southern Motors. Is this a good deal? I'd love some feedback from Cedia owners, especially from Bangalore. How good is the Mitsu after sales service in blore? Also are there any other cars I should be looking at? My priorities are a)Fun to Drive b)Moddable c)Spacious and comfortable for long trips. I don't care about FE(anything arnd 8-9 is fine). Resale value is also not an issue as I intend to keep the car for 5 years atleast.
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Mitsu after sales is ok ok. not good not bad. You need to spoon feed them to get what you want.

Cedia is your best bet. an excellent car. I have driven it recently and found it to be good.

Currently spares are high but mitsu spares drop real quick.

Beware that the car does not have good resale value but in your case it's fine.

FE i am told it gives 10kmpl easily. its heavily detuned for mileage so shouldnt be a problem.
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:56   #3
BHPian

Cedia no doubt a great car!!! I test drove ...as I was contemplating on that too.....
A big car with a turing radius of 4.9 (WOW!!)
Ground Clearance of 175, not bad at all

But, I would suggest that you look at Honda Civic!! It is the in thing and for the range that you are looking for it may fit in.....The only issue could be, Financial year has closed and since it is a new financial year you might not get discounts.

When I enquired with Lathangi automobiles, they were offering a whooping 2 lac discount on Cedia Sports. On-road price of 10 lacs....This offer was valid till 31st Mar 2007.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is a good car no doubt, but do also check out New Honda City VTEC and Toyota Corolla HE(base model) both of which fall in your budget.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Civic at 12.8 on road is out of my budget. 10lac itself is stretching it to the max... can't be stretched any further. I've td'ed both the VTEC and the Corolla and none of them felt as good as the cedia to drive. I don't like the looks of the City either. I called Lathangi and they quoted me 10k more than Southern. Didn't manage to visit them as its really far away. 10 lac on road for the sports model seems like a decent deal!
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

look at the toyota corolla executive as dciete has mentioned. i would take that over the cedia.
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:51   #7
BHPian

if its looks you want & image then the Civic fits the part perfectly, the stripped down Corolla Executive is a safe bet ( however next gen expected in '08), the cedia still fairly new back here but sells in low numbers..IMO
Old 2nd April 2007, 17:05   #8
BHPian

The cedia will be a good buy in your case ...
For what it offers its great VFM ... Go for it if you are inclined towards it

If you can stretch it do consider the civic though ... no NHV Vtec (@DCEite) ... not even in the same class ... even the FTD quotient is low

Cheers !!

Last edited by Fiero : 2nd April 2007 at 17:06.
Old 2nd April 2007, 17:19   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Cedia is a fantastic machine; very well-engineered, great to drive and good potential for mods. However, the appalingly low resale value is something you might want to consider.

I would also recommend a test drive of the Fiesta 1.6, Optra 1.6 and NHC Vtec before you make your choice.
Old 3rd April 2007, 08:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the inputs. Any Cedia owners in this forum? The thing that scares me is the number of cedias on road... probably 5 or 10 in entire bangalore. I'll check the Optra 1.6. I didn't like either the NHC or Fiesta.
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Thanks everyone for the inputs. Any Cedia owners in this forum? The thing that scares me is the number of cedias on road... probably 5 or 10 in entire bangalore. I'll check the Optra 1.6. I didn't like either the NHC or Fiesta.

You would nt find many Cedia owners, As Cedia is one of the poorly rated sedans in the luxury segment.

As GTO stated, you will suffer on the resale front. The only solace would be the great discount that Mitusbishi offers (10 Lacs on road)

If you are really inclined towards Cedia, I think you can work a good deal...with Southern or Lathangi ....
I only hope you had come to us during March cos from April 1st, Road Tax has gone up by 4% or more..and the insurance costs have gone high too
Old 4th April 2007, 22:09   #12

You will enjoy driving a Cedia. Smooth, good on bad roads, small turning radius - good for parking in close spaces, .......... so what if you see few Cedias ? With the price dipping after introduction of Spirit, don't ignore this car. Resale vauoe of any car after 3 years (i.e. 2010) will be low..with so many more choices available.
Old 5th April 2007, 01:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

RajKS, can you please explain the 2lacs discount funda? Mitsubishi motors are already selling the sports at 8.90 ex-showroom. That's a price cut and not a discount.

@reignofchaos: while everybody is pointing you towards re-sale do look at it as a VFM buy too. Design is outdated by a generation now and the new lancer is already out (dont expect it to come in India for some years though). Pickup is still good and driveabilty is excellent thanks to flat torque. Lacks climate control and interiors are average at best. Sports has a bit of flare but doesnt have the panache of lets say a civic. The Spirit model is the best buy among all the cedia models with an ex-showroom of 8.30 plus dealer discounts if you can haggle. FE is better than corolla or civic and so is the turning radius. Best for modding the hell out of a car. NOt good enough as a stock car. Its is fun to drive with good all round visibility and ride and handling. But do take a test drive to see if you like it or not. I personally dont like the cedia being a lancer sfxi owner.

aS ALTERnatives, you would want to consider 1.8LT optra at a bit of extra cost. Also look at Skoda Octavia Rider.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 5th April 2007 at 01:30.
Old 5th April 2007, 01:45   #14
BHPian

Go and read autocar nov 2006 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Hello folks! My first post here. I'm looking for a car in the 9-10L range and so far have narrowed down on the Cedia which looks like a really good deal after the latest round of price cuts. I'm being quoted 9.45L on road for the Cedia Select by Southern Motors. Is this a good deal? I'd love some feedback from Cedia owners, especially from Bangalore. How good is the Mitsu after sales service in blore? Also are there any other cars I should be looking at? My priorities are a)Fun to Drive b)Moddable c)Spacious and comfortable for long trips. I don't care about FE(anything arnd 8-9 is fine). Resale value is also not an issue as I intend to keep the car for 5 years atleast.
dear frnd ,

Before making the final decision please read autocar november 2006 issue which compare parts price of different cars. You will find how your cedia scores in this area. Then only take a decision. Dont forget to take a look at elantra s' parts price also. Also consider elantra(crdi) which excels in every dept.

bye
Old 5th April 2007, 01:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

1) its a driver's car
2) its a driver's car
3) if you gonna drive it then its the one you should get.
4) best for mods/handling.
5) dotn you think a yellow lancer sfx would turns heads even now?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks