Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 13:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Don't pass wind while overtaking...
I'm hoping you mean the car and not the driver.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:28   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Do not I repeat do not ask for the girls number in the passenger seat of the neighbouring car. (experience)
Chamarajpet Charles really tells you what not to say:

"What's that written in Braille on your sweater, Suzie?"
Old 10th April 2009, 14:38   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is my addition:
- Never let your GF drive your car. NEVER! Even if she agrees to pay for damages and what not. Apparently, they aren't that confident with new cars and come close to hitting something everytime! (friend's report - I was sick and scared)
- Never drive old people or expecting mothers in a fast and FTD car. I had to drive a 525d at 40kmph on Marine Drive on a Sunday Afternoon!
- No kids in the front ever! They will not only dirty your car, but fiddle around with everything. Our Octavia Combi has some marks on the leather which aren't getting removed as a kid dirtied them.
- No drinking, no eating, no smoking when driving, specially on highways. It is ok on some safe roads to smoke, but no eating or drinking.
- No pushing the car on roads you aren't familiar with or conditions (like rain, snow) you aren't familiar with. I almost slid in my galant and our fiesta as there was some snow and rain respectively.
- MOST IMPORTANT - Know your limits as well as your cars. NEVER cross it.
Old 10th April 2009, 15:29   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
One more "what not to do"

Don't pass wind while overtaking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I'm hoping you mean the car and not the driver.
Oh I am sure gd meant the driver and not the car. Risk of passing out, you see, very dangerous while overtaking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
No drinking, no eating, no smoking when driving, specially on highways. It is ok on some safe roads to smoke, but no eating or drinking.
Beg to disagree, but I do all those when driving! Except, I hope you didn't mean drinking stuff which intoxicates! I'm going to fully agree with you there, I will never drive unless I have 0% alcohol in my system.

But... I'm sure you are a non-smoker yourself!

Till I smoked like a chimney (about 2 months ago), I would regularly light up at every half- to one hour intervals when at the wheel. Now that I don't, the association of driving with smoking still persists, and I have to often distract myself with a toffee or some food, to avoid lighting up.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:44   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: 0% Alcohol?? I am not too sure but I think it is present in blood in traces always....some biologist here to throw some light?

Google threw this up: For this reason, the natural blood alcohol concentration in men, women and children alike is constantly around 0.03 per thousand. In a person weighing about 80 kg this percentage is equivalent to a total of 1.68 g pure alcohol in the blood. ( MADAUS: Alcohol in medicines )
Old 10th April 2009, 17:22   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

@SS-Traveller - I am a smoker. I know how difficult it is to not smoke in the car when driving. I generally avoid smoking in the car, rather have my smoke before my destination or after. However, at times, the rare occurrences I do smoke, I make sure it is on a straight road, with light traffic.

As for drinking, I would avoid anything unless the car is at a complete halt. One generally tends to look upwards while drinking from a bottle (like a coke or water, not alcohol). However, drinking from a fountain coke type of glass with the straw is different. But then again, you only have one hand to drive with.

Also, there is some alcohol in a person irrespective. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:17   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
OT: 0% Alcohol?? I am not too sure but I think it is present in blood in traces always....
the natural blood alcohol concentration in men, women and children alike is constantly around 0.03 per thousand.
I wasn't too good in maths, but I suppose 0.03 part per thousand, or 30 ppm, translates to a 0% reading on the breathalyzer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@SS-Traveller - I am a smoker. I know how difficult it is to not smoke in the car when driving.
As for drinking, I would avoid anything unless the car is at a complete halt.
Difficult to avoid smoking - don't I REALLY feel it now!!! I'm an ex-smoker!

As for taking a swig of water, I have these 200 ml bottles that are commonly available on flights, and drinking out of these doesn't make you tip your head up and lose sight of the road ahead.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Oh I am sure gd meant the driver and not the car. Risk of passing out, you see, very dangerous while overtaking...
Well I think it can be useful while overtaking if used effectively. You know while passing the gas driver will become rocket and it will work as "Nitro Boost" while overtaking.
Old 10th April 2009, 22:34   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Well I think it can be useful while overtaking if used effectively. You know while passing the gas driver will become rocket and it will work as "Nitro Boost" while overtaking.
OT, but that sounds like "rocket science"! Or is it "ROCK-IT science"?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 10th April 2009 at 22:36.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

oh wow this thread is back. Some more of things not to do coming up shortly
Old 10th April 2009, 23:57   #116
Senior - BHPian

When the lady sitting besides you asks you that she would like to go for a drive do not head to the mmsc track.

Do not pop your head out of the window and say " here %$##* here %$##* " to the crowd at traffic signals.
Old 11th April 2009, 00:05   #117
BANNED

Forget talking on the phone DO NOT Ever MESSAGE While Driving.Ive got bad experiences
Do not Check out a hot Girl/Guy while driving.(umm i think i should cancel this out )
Old 11th April 2009, 00:51   #118
BHPian

Never open bottles with fizzy drinks, such as coke bottles. At times when car is motion such liquids keep moving inside the bottle and soon as you open them at times, there is this sudden ush of liquid and at times its like a spray which can go anywhere.

Its very risky.
Old 11th April 2009, 01:04   #119
Senior - BHPian

also bottles of alcohol... Temptations are more fizzy
Old 11th April 2009, 01:06   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
there is this sudden ush of liquid and at times its like a spray which can go anywhere.

Its very risky.

If the cute girl in the car next to you has her pet cat with her, do not attempt to call out to or praise the cat
(Linked to Amit's traffic signal what-not-to-do)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks