Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 09:50   #1
BHPian
 
mlcarrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: chennai, Tn,INDIA
Posts: 237
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Bugatti..finally coming to india

The eco times today have metioned the launch of bugatti by vw, and their serious plans for india..GREAT
mlcarrera is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
manishasrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 4,542
Thanked: 5,906 Times
Default

That's great news if it really materializes
manishasrani is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:09   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Indeed a great news.

But the first Veyron is going to hit B'lore soon. AFAIK he is planning to bring it down from Singapore!
hanmust is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:12   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Indeed a great news.

But the first Veyron is going to hit B'lore soon. AFAIK he is planning to bring it down from Singapore!
we have been hearing about veyrons for the past few years.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:21   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Indeed a great news.

But the first Veyron is going to hit B'lore soon. AFAIK he is planning to bring it down from Singapore!
that sounds nice, specially since its from you

is singapore lhd or rhd?
will it be on carnet?
AMATMO is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:33   #6
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

This is really good news, unfortunately India simply does have any roads, nor a race track where this car can be really enjoyed.
Oh what the hell... for once I am simply forgetting all this & planning to celebrate the coming of this beauty!!!
Maverick1977 is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:41   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Such a waste of time, these threads about Veyrons in India. They are not going to be made in rhd, period. Unless the law in India changes, it is a far fetched fantasy. Oh and the 'Executive' from VW requested anonymity , so that say's a lot. As far as I think, this is the much talked about 'Halo Effect'. Launch something extremely expensive, or atleast talk about it, and people think favorably about VW, cuz hey, if they can launch such an expensive car in India and make it work, their other products must be good. Sorry guys, I don't trust whatever a paper says.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 14th December 2009 at 10:43.
ecksreturns is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:43   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
we have been hearing about veyrons for the past few years.
I got the information my friend who is mechanic & he maintain this guys all other exotics like the F430, Gallardo, Skyline GT, etc! He was about to take my friend to Singapore to learn about the Veyron, but unfortunetly my friend couldn't go due to some other commitment. Anyway he'll be flying once to learn it!
hanmust is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 10:59   #9
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Is there a possibility of the Veyron being showcased by VW at the forthcoming Expo? Any news
Maverick1977 is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 11:02   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

I am a bit skeptical about this. As Karan said, this is probably only to help VW make a nice image for themselves! If they do, we'll see!
shamik.bose is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 11:06   #11
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Moreover VW says that the Veyron will be priced at 5-12 Crores, when it hits Indian Shores by the middle of 2010.
I guess they have a sales target of 12 cars a year...
preetam_KORG is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 11:12   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,398
Thanked: 332 Times
Default

Uhm, preetam,are you ... okay? Even Lamborghini doesn't sell more than 2-4 cars in India per year.
ecksreturns is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 11:29   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 926 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Such a waste of time, these threads about Veyrons in India. They are not going to be made in rhd, period. Unless the law in India changes, it is a far fetched fantasy. Oh and the 'Executive' from VW requested anonymity , so that say's a lot. As far as I think, this is the much talked about 'Halo Effect'. Launch something extremely expensive, or atleast talk about it, and people think favorably about VW, cuz hey, if they can launch such an expensive car in India and make it work, their other products must be good. Sorry guys, I don't trust whatever a paper says.
, This is just a publicity stunt to take VW into the high end bracket in the Indian consumers mind. We do not have the infrastructure or the large enough sales figures to drive this car in. VW could not manage to drive in sales for the Touareg and the Pheaton and they want to get in the toughest seller the Veyron, what a joke.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I got the information my friend who is mechanic & he maintain this guys all other exotics like the F430, Gallardo, Skyline GT, etc! He was about to take my friend to Singapore to learn about the Veyron, but unfortunetly my friend couldn't go due to some other commitment. Anyway he'll be flying once to learn it!
I guess i know who your refering too but i believe he has got another sports car already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
I guess they have a sales target of 12 cars a year...
Your joking right or it was a typo ???? Catch one car or if they get lucky 2 cars in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Uhm, preetam,are you ... okay? Even Lamborghini doesn't sell more than 2-4 cars in India per year.
Very true Ecks.
speedy is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 11:38   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

It would be really dumb to launch the Veyron in India. How many would they actually manage to sell in the first place? And RHD conversions(if launched) would make the car dearer. Reportedly Mukesh Ambani sent back his Maybach 62 to the UK citing driveability issues on roads out here. So what would be the fate of a Veyron? I mean is there any point in buying the world's fastest street legal uber-luxury car just to slug it out on congested roads with a complete loss of peace of mind for fear of other vehicles brushing it, handling bad roads, speed-bumps with that kinda ground-clearance et al? A Nano would beat the Veyron by effortlessly cutting through other vehicles.

It would be wiser to bring it down on carnet and realise your.... once the honeymoon phase is over.

And I do agree with Karan. 'Halo effect' all the way and possibilities of a launch seem remote.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 14th December 2009 at 11:39.
Jayabusa is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 11:41   #15
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 701
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Your joking right or it was a typo ???? Catch one car or if they get lucky 2 cars in a year.

Very true Ecks.
Sorry My bad
I meant 1/2 cars a year. And it is not a typo here. I am meaning half.
preetam_KORG is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bugatti Veyron Grand Super Sport - Revealed as Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 18 19th April 2013 17:16
Finally finally finally finally... s4ch Introduce yourself 3 29th March 2012 19:44
Bugatti is coming...to INDIA (maybe in 2010)!!! veyron1 The Indian Car Scene 57 3rd October 2010 21:16
New Bugatti model teased on party invitation EDIT : Bugatti Bordeaux hanmust The International Automotive Scene 19 6th August 2009 17:08
Finally, finally , finally..after 2applications. I am here!! Fordmanchau Introduce yourself 4 22nd July 2009 15:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks