Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 06:08   #2431
BHPian

^^ agree whole heartedly.Busa looks much better than that stupid zx14r.If there is a good looking 14r it would have to be insaneroller's.The rest look stupid.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2010 at 16:16. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 5th September 2010, 10:46   #2432
Team-BHP Support

I'm sorry, but both of them are horrendous looking super-bikes! The 'Busa distinctly resembles a pregnant water-buffalo whereas the Kawa ZX14R looks like an enlarged and mutilated insect! No offense!
Old 5th September 2010, 10:50   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm sorry, but both of them are horrendous looking super-bikes! The 'Busa distinctly resembles a pregnant water-buffalo whereas the Kawa ZX14R looks like an enlarged and mutilated insect! No offense!
Compared to gsx,Cbr,r1 etc busa looks horrible.But still better than zx14r.
Old 5th September 2010, 12:10   #2434
Team-BHP Support

Poor hayabusa/Poor ZX-14R
2010 Superbike Smackdown VII Track - Sportbike Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA
BMW S1000RR breaks 9-second quarter mile - Motorcycle news : General news - Visordown
The 'busa & ZX-14R are good sports-tourers, not an inch extra. any one can wind up the throttle in a straight road, corners separate MEN from boys,
^^Some prefer Madhbala & some Katrina, you may debate about looks till eternity.

The best video to make 'busa fanboys weep--

Last edited by Sheel : 5th September 2010 at 12:12.
Old 5th September 2010, 16:17   #2435
BHPian

The zx 14 brakes better ,handles better ,has better lighting with twin projectors + 2 extra lamps for high beams and has a more comfortable riding position than bhusa . man there are way too many busa fans here .
Old 5th September 2010, 16:40   #2436
BHPian

hah,ride a busa to feel it. That ZX14 aint a value for money superbike.costlier than the busa wih less power. The ZX14r goes to a top whack of 300-310kph. Remove the limiter of the busa,it flies to a 320plus KPH. There's no bike born to beat a busa. No more reasons to revert the busa. It is always the fastest production bike available.

Last edited by anupam9557 : 5th September 2010 at 16:42.
Old 5th September 2010, 17:53   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Don't turn this into a battleground for your favorite bikes.

Anyways, I spotted a Busa at Shamli in UP today morning. It was white and had blue stickering. Had a nice rumbling roar.

Was surprised to see one in the hinterlands of UP!
Old 5th September 2010, 17:56   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Exactly my words !! I couldn't agree more with you.

I have seen 4 busas (2007 black/red, 2010 white, 2009 black/orange, 2009 bottle greenish) and only one ZX14R in nagpur still I can say the kawa looks much better than the busa. Maybe because its a limited edition coloured one. Here's a pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-2007zx14whitestock.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 18:07   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
No more reasons to revert the busa. It is always the fastest production bike available.

September 1st MCN lists top speeds for the fastest production bikes -

BMW S1000R - 197mph
Ducati desmo 190mph
Aprilia RSV4 189mph
MV F4 188mph
Busa 186mph
ZZR1400 186mph
R1 183mph.

So I think the busa is no longer the fastest,plus its ugly imo.

Last edited by bhasma : 5th September 2010 at 18:10.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:59   #2440
BHPian

Harley Davidson

This new Harley is an addition to our Residence Complex.
(I hope this is a right place to post this? If not please advise and move to appropriate place, Thanks)
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00023-large.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00025-large.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc00027-large.jpg  

Old 7th September 2010, 13:08   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
hah,ride a busa to feel it. That ZX14 aint a value for money superbike.costlier than the busa wih less power. The ZX14r goes to a top whack of 300-310kph. Remove the limiter of the busa,it flies to a 320plus KPH. There's no bike born to beat a busa. No more reasons to revert the busa. It is always the fastest production bike available.
You need to study things in details before writing mate

The 14R was so powerful that a speed limiter was not doing the job. The company then installed the secondary butterfly valves in order to control the surge of power it made & hence the production 14R's extreme power comes in above 6k rpm when the valves open.

However, without the secondary valves the 14R goes insane from 2.5k (from the start basically). Busa, no doubt was holding the crown for a really long time. But i'm sorry to say, that once you derestrict both the Busa & the 14R, its very difficult for the Busa to go past.

Here's one such 14R

@punterccrx8s, thanx mate
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-14r.jpg  

Last edited by insaneroller : 7th September 2010 at 13:19.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:30   #2442
Team-BHP Support

It is one thing to blow all records and occupy an undisputed numeruno spot for years together, and totally another to use a clinical approach to be pegged at a rather uncomfortable claimed top speed record.
The ZX14 may be faster and all of that related stuff than the Hayabusa, but I really doubt it will ever get half as legendary or earn as much reputation as the Hayabusa universally did, exceptions being some rather speed freak circles who are out to really prove a point of sorts.

As many have posted on various threads in the motorbike section, boiling down to a certain supersport, a liter class or a sport tourer for the novice / amateur class of rides is mostly about brand preferances and after sales network rather than the almost identical power figures.

manson.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:53   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
It is one thing to blow all records and occupy an undisputed numeruno spot for years together, and totally another to use a clinical approach to be pegged at a rather uncomfortable claimed top speed record.
The ZX14 may be faster and all of that related stuff than the Hayabusa, but I really doubt it will ever get half as legendary or earn as much reputation as the Hayabusa universally did, exceptions being some rather speed freak circles who are out to really prove a point of sorts.

As many have posted on various threads in the motorbike section, boiling down to a certain supersport, a liter class or a sport tourer for the novice / amateur class of rides is mostly about brand preferances and after sales network rather than the almost identical power figures.

manson.
You are absolutely right mate. No one will ever be able to match up to Busa's Legendary reputation without a doubt.

I however wanted to state that without the speed limiter etc etc, the entire ballgame changes in terms of speed, power, acceleration.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:54   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Its the ZX-14 and not a 14R !

it hasn't lived up the racing pedigree to get the R moniker.

Secondary butterflies. Even the ZX-12R has it.i bet a few other bikes have it too.Its not because of the limitless power etc etc.Its about the characteristic of the bike.A linear power delivery is achieved by the secondary butterflies.

And frankly speaking all those boasting about the limitless power of the zx14 or the Busa can you guys even use 50% of that power properly.Forget the roads etc.How many of you think you can actually use that power with skills.Having busa or a 14 under you does not make you rossis!!

I am a kawasaki guy all out people!

But the 14 is a KAWABUSA lol.both the bikes are so ugly that i'd probably buy a harley instead of them.lol.

Even i don't understand the purpose of having such ugly bikes.they give the excuse that they're aerodynamic etc etc. Look at the MOTO GP bikes they need the aerodynamics the most but every machine is a beauty.a work of are.Non are like the Fugly Busa or the kawibusa.lol.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:09   #2445
Team-BHP Support

Infact I'm more of a Kawasaki guy than say a Gixxer chap, but the 12R is more Kwacker than the ZX-14 by a long shot.
The 12R did really take it up for those speed records with the Hayabusa (just consistently shy of cracking into record books), until Kawasaki finally decided to replace it with a bike that doesn't appeal to me like any other Kawasaki did, which is exactly why I mentioned the 'clinical approach' in my earlier post.
The ZX-14 is the fastest there is from the Kawasaki stable, but lacks the aura of the say the old school ZX-11, or the 12R.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks