Lot of Superbikes riding tomorrow to Khopoli n lonavala
Meeting point is at Palm Beach Road around 7 am
so guys if u wana catch some superbikes in action, be on the route
Old 25th September 2010, 19:05   #2507
BHPian

Big Boyz and their Huge Toyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

The sun shine has got all the power houses out to play. I just love it .
Hey Speedy, like the way you put it
We all were waiting for this sunny side up
I can see so many SBK's on the roads now
But October heat is gonna be killing
Last week, it was hot as hell @ 11 am
So we need to go early, maybe start @ 5.30 or so n be back by 10
Old 25th September 2010, 20:36   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
@53BHP: Did you ride with the group till Kamat's?? Cause i am not able to recollect which bike was yours amongst the group?
@nikibusa

no didnt. as you can see from my handle (53bhp), my inazuma is 53bhp (universal jap standard). no way on earth i could keep pace with supers. when i got passed, it was like my bike was stuck in the same place with superglue

my group consisted of my buddy's gpz900r (the original 80's crotch rocket), my LML Vespa 150NV (getting a long ride out after a recent engine rebuild) and a HH Karizma. We usually ride to my house which is 6km from datta snacks, have breakfast, and then head back. would love to join one of the longer rides though

r
Old 25th September 2010, 20:48   #2509
BHPian

@53BHP: I was there at palm beach with a black Skoda RS and then till lonavala. Neways. Hope to see you sometime, as i dont frequent these rides. If at all i am there you will either find me with a black RS or a Grey i20.

Hope to see you soon.

Niki
Old 25th September 2010, 21:23   #2510
BHPian

My 'Zuma

As promised here are a few pics. Could not get any daylights as I was out till dark. She has on a bunch of Yoshi 4x4 cans. They sound absolutely sweet. Will put up an audio file soon of the exhaust note. Hope to ride out with you guys soon:

Superbikes spotted in India-dscn0001.jpg

Name:  DSCN0002.jpg
Views: 3322
Size:  117.1 KB

Superbikes spotted in India-dscn0003.jpg
Old 25th September 2010, 21:39   #2511
Senior - BHPian

53bhp , nice 53 you got there . If it was a darker shade , ppl would have not noticed it at all ;thinking it was modified Indian bike .
Do post little bit of its handling and how do you maintain it ? .Parts , service and know good and bad things .
Old 26th September 2010, 01:20   #2512
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
So we need to go early, maybe start @ 5.30 or so n be back by 10
That is the time I have mostly targeted everytime I have ridden out. Its going to atleast a weekend, or maybe two before I get back to the Sunday morning low flying, dang!

manson.
Old 26th September 2010, 02:38   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
53bhp , nice 53 you got there . If it was a darker shade , ppl would have not noticed it at all ;thinking it was modified Indian bike .
Do post little bit of its handling and how do you maintain it ? .Parts , service and know good and bad things .
Thats exactly what happens at signals. I havnt put the decals back so when guys ask me at signals the 3 standard questions (which bike?, how many cc?, average?), I say its a modified Pulsar

these pics dont do the bike justice though. The entire bike is built so that the frame can take 3 engine sizes: 400, 750 and 1200cc with no other changes but the engine. If someone asks me cc, i could easily pass it off as a 1200

It is the perfect city bike. Light, flickable and enough in there for someone who knows how to get the most of those 53 horses
Old 27th September 2010, 13:28   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
As promised here are a few pics. Could not get any daylights as I was out till dark. She has on a bunch of Yoshi 4x4 cans. They sound absolutely sweet. Will put up an audio file soon of the exhaust note. Hope to ride out with you guys soon:
The bike used to belong to an actor/model I know until he got an '07 Busa. The rear shocks needed to be replaced last time I saw it.

Last edited by straight6 : 27th September 2010 at 13:30.
Old 27th September 2010, 18:04   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The bike used to belong to an actor/model I know until he got an '07 Busa. The rear shocks needed to be replaced last time I saw it.
You are right

They have been
Old 28th September 2010, 14:51   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As promised here are a few pics. Could not get any daylights as I was out till dark. She has on a bunch of Yoshi 4x4 cans. They sound absolutely sweet. Will put up an audio file soon of the exhaust note.
Thats a really beauty you got there. Do share some more information on the specs and some riding experiences. She must sound insane with those pipes. Looking forward to a clip. Thanks for the pics. Ride safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw a brand new busa on Saturday and she didnt even have the regn. plates. Sadly the rider and the pillon were not wearing any gear, not even a lid. The busa was driven very sedately though. Here are the pics.

Also on the way back from our Sunday ride I saw the same blue R1 which was posted a few posts back. The rider was as usual riding the beast with floaters. Trailed the bike all the way from MG road upto Sadashivanagar after which I pulled into Shell to tankup. The R1 had an awesome set of pipes and sounded mad. The exhaust used to pop often when downshifted. Awesome sounding bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-dsc01039.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc01040.jpg  

Superbikes spotted in India-dsc01041.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th September 2010 at 14:52.
Old 29th September 2010, 04:50   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right

They have been
Wow, where did you get the shocks from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thats a really beauty you got there. Do share some more information on the specs and some riding experiences. She must sound insane with those pipes. Looking forward to a clip. Thanks for the pics. Ride safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw a brand new busa on Saturday and she didnt even have the regn. plates. Sadly the rider and the pillon were not wearing any gear, not even a lid. The busa was driven very sedately though. Here are the pics.
Those 4x4 Yoshi's sound mean. They make the bike sound much bigger than a 400.

That Busa is an '09. That's a long time being unregistered.

Keep an eye out for a black Triumph Tiger 1050 with a Two Brothers pipe in Bangalore. Belongs to a friend.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:04   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, where did you get the shocks from? Those 4x4 Yoshi's sound mean. They make the bike sound much bigger than a 400. That Busa is an '09. That's a long time being unregistered.
I did manage the shocks. All parts are available in singapore. Its more popular as the Suzuki Impulse there

When I bought the bike the dealer told me the seller wanted to buy a Busa. I thought in my head "why would anyone give up this light and flickable sweetheart for a 'busa, thank you lord for the good fortune you have bestowed on me"

The whole bike looks big as the frame can take a 1200cc engine too. The Yoshi's sound sweet. Never can be as sweet as my sewing machine honda cb350four with the original 4x4 cans. But sweet nonetheless

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th September 2010 at 11:19.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:10   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Do you still have the 350 four? I love those.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:13   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Do you still have the 350 four? I love those.
Yes very much. Did a frame up restoration. Made a fatal mistake during sandblasting of the engine. Now have some work to do again because of that. My winter project now...

The day I get her running reliable, the Inazuma will be up for sale!!

Most Viewed