Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 09:58   #46
BHPian

The Innova is a great car to ride and drive - forget it's looks. I don't know how much it costs to maintain, but I was in my friends' Innova, and it was super quiet and comfortable.
Old 6th July 2007, 11:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
The only important thing that is missing in LX is rear defogger and from what I read on a different thread, it is not easy to upgrade.
extra things in Ex:
  • rear defrogger
  • driver seat height adjustment
  • roof mount blower (a/c remains the same, only extra blower)
  • cd player (not even mp3 i think)
  • also you can get Pearl White or Cherry Red color, which is not available for Lx (I went in for Black, since that's what i wanted)
i don't remember if there is anything extra other than these...all these cost you 1.2 lkh more, and for the same amount, you can upgrade your car quite a lot.
Old 6th July 2007, 11:26   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
extra things in Ex:
  • rear defrogger
  • driver seat height adjustment
  • roof mount blower (a/c remains the same, only extra blower)
  • cd player (not even mp3 i think)
  • also you can get Pearl White or Cherry Red color, which is not available for Lx (I went in for Black, since that's what i wanted)
i don't remember if there is anything extra other than these...all these cost you 1.2 lkh more, and for the same amount, you can upgrade your car quite a lot.
The mirrors are heated when the defogger is switched on.
The roof unit is not just an extra blower - it has its own set of cooling coils.
The CD player does play MP3 - this is not a Ford.
Old 6th July 2007, 11:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
The roof unit is not just an extra blower - it has its own set of cooling coils.
but both manipal and prerana guys did not say anything about this new cooling coils, they just said that if this air blower is not there, then it will take a few more extra mins to cool the car..
Old 6th July 2007, 14:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
but both manipal and prerana guys did not say anything about this new cooling coils, they just said that if this air blower is not there, then it will take a few more extra mins to cool the car..
Nope it has cooling coils. They'll probably try to make you happy by fitting in an aftermarket blower (roof mounted) and tell you it is the same as whats found on the EX.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:51   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding my buying decision, I think I will wait...for something to happen (don't know if Safari 2.2 or some diesel SUV...).

For now, I addressed the bad roads by switching back to my good old Suzuki Fiero! Nice isn't it ? Saveed me around 8 lacks!!!

My NHC now rests in peace in my parking untill roads get patched or something urgent comes up that needs me to travel with all my family together...

Thanks for the suggestions and inside info on the Tatas, their dealers and the Dicor engine.

T-BHP is a great place to be in.
Old 12th July 2007, 14:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

although you have postponed your decision, these are the current differences amongst the variants for the benefit of others.

EX contains these additional features:

- HVAC with Roof mounted feature
- Music system with Single CD player
- Analog clock
- Height aduster in Drivers seat
- Keyless entry with Immobilizer
- 12V power point for middle row
- Demister on Rear Windscreen
- Body coloured ORVM's
- Gun metal central console (LX has silver)

VX contains these additional features Vs EX
- DVD player with two separate LCD screens conveniently mounted behind the front seat head-rests.
- Dual Airbags for Driver and Co-Driver
-Anti-Lock braking system with EBD
- Rear view camera for reversing with Camera in the IRVM
- Alloy wheel rims
- Leather Upholstery
- Body coloured bumpers
- Body coloured side cladding
- Body coloured spare wheel cover
- Cubic print central console
Old 13th July 2007, 15:50   #53
BHPian

my uncle bought a tata safari 4 months back. he is very much disappointed with it and is planning to sell it off. it has some quality gliches and very cummbersome to drive in the city due its size and also its gearing. but it is comfortable to drive in the highway and also its rear seats are very good.

don't buy the scorpio either because its a mahindra and mahindra has not yet mastered the art of car making.

i would suggest u buy the innova. it is a better car to drive, better fuel efficiency, better build quality and has got the toyota badging.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks