Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 00:44   #46
BHPian

If at all this is true, I can't get this now, I already got mHawk VLX 4x2, looks like my restlessness deprived me of 4x4 option ;-(

Will visit the Service Center tomorrow and report them of this clutch issue.
-Pramod
Old 13th September 2008, 01:04   #47

guys me too booked the vlx beast.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

yesterday i had been to the showroom n finally got the beast m-hawk booked.
booked a diamond white with normal seating position 2-3-2 in total 6+1 seatin arrangement.
booked it for rs.1029055 the dealer provided me a good discount.
ihe alloted car to me by today itself.
but i will b taking delivery on dusera due to some shrad going on.
Old 13th September 2008, 07:53   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I fully agree with you here DirtyDan. Mahindra dealers are kept almost totally in the dark and consequently (intentionally?) mislead genuine customers while trying to bag that 4x2 sale.

Pramods was given misleading info and he bought the mHawk 4x2. Although he is happy with it, it does leave a sour taste in the mouth doesn't it?
Old 13th September 2008, 08:50   #49
BHPian

Yes, now knowing that 4x4 with 2.2L engine is there, I do feel bad, my intention was to get 4x4 S/M UV but ultimately I was sold 4x2, though I have started liking it, but still 4x4 was what I was looking for.

-Pramod
Old 13th September 2008, 10:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
... mislead genuine customers while trying to bag that 4x2 sale.
What you say it true but only to a certain extent.
4X4 vehicles have very few takers, but those few are often VERY clear about what they want.
Hardly anyone buys a 4WD variant unwittingly; the price difference itself is the first deterrant.
Add to that the fact of a waiting period and you find 90% drop the idea right there.
Dealers have seen this behaviour for years, so they always try to sell you a 4X2. If you are in the 90% or so, you'll wind up buying the regular models.
Of course I was given that standard line about, "But Sir, where on earth will you ever use 4X4? This is a very powerful car and can go anywhere without 4X4." I had to tell him to shut up.
Tanveer (tsk_1979) simply decided to buy the Safari 4X4 when told that a 4X4 Scorpio was not available.
Old 13th September 2008, 11:23   #51
BHPian

I agree with your views, but wanted a Scorpio not Safari, anyway blame lies on both side. Dealer is always going to take the known routie, as a cutomer I should have stuck to what I wanted rather than by what they wanted to sale. Learnt this lesson hard way now, can't change the vehicle now :-(
-Pramod
Old 13th September 2008, 13:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

And I would've loved to see his face when told to shut up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

Of course I was given that standard line about, "But Sir, where on earth will you ever use 4X4? This is a very powerful car and can go anywhere without 4X4." I had to tell him to shut up.
Old 13th September 2008, 21:58   #53
BHPian

Wanadogri Water Reservoir trip

Today I got an opportunity to drive 100km+ and visit a place and do all the desired testing with my mHawk VLX.
I did a small offroading, highspeed drive too, total distance covered was some where 100km

Started from home, by 9.30 went to Service center to check the clutch "thud" sound, meet service adviser and the with scorpio mech, we tried all the possible way and then realized the sound was coming when I tried to release the clutch too fast, it make the engine engagement make a thud sound, if I do it in sync then there was no sound. Once done with this I went ahead with Anti rust treatment done on the underbody, it costed me Rs 2809, I believe it will serve it purpose. Got the vehicle back by 12PM, now I had complete day still left, got the idea to visit a near by location from where the planned MIHAN project will and the current MIDC at Butibori gets there water supply, this place has a small Dam with a very large Water Reservoir, this is a perfect place to do small offroading, and spend some time with nature.

The Scorpio behaved well with the short offroading and broken road near the dam, and was very predictable in all aspect, this give lot of confidence, may be even for some this can drive them to trouble, because this may drive them to get more and can get stuck!!

On the national highway on 4 lane, I was able to drive to the fullest, the max speed that I was able to achieve was 160KMPH with 4K RPM, I enjoyed this brief burst of speed thrill and was surprised at the speed[I am my son were the only occupant in the vehicle]. This vehicle is better to do speed of 120, beyond this you start losing confidence, but it was nice to know it can go to 160+

here are few pictures from the my small trip.

-Pramod
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0003.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0005.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0009.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0011.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0019.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0024.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0027.jpg  

Scorpio 4x4? Edit: Bought 4WD AT-img_0031.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 00:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

nice pics but pls post it straight buddy! did u really feel that it was unstable above 120 kph or is it because you have to get a hang over your new vehicle? i regularly drive my VLX at 140-150 kph on the highways and i am pretty comfortable with it. will want more mHawk owners to provide inputs over here.
Old 14th September 2008, 08:45   #55
BHPian

hey I am sorry for the image , right now I can't edit them,mods please help me on this I will take care next time, this images when seen in software always displayed correctly. At 150 I was not feeling confident enough to keep the throttle at same position, it may be because this was the first time I was doing this speed on this truck, but from my experience there is lot of difference between a sedan doing this speed and this truck doing this speed.
Will be doing 700km today, let's see how it perform, going to waterfall near Jabalpur it's going to be 350kms one way, first long drive on Scorpio.
Will pen down my experience once back from this trip.

-Pramod
Old 14th September 2008, 12:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i regularly drive my VLX at 140-150 kph on the highways and i am pretty comfortable with it.
At times, Raj, you really scare me!!
Old 14th September 2008, 12:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At times, Raj, you really scare me!!
i have to regularly visit pune and so mumbai-pune expressway is home to me! and driving at 100 kph on such a highway seems real slow! and i feel very comfortable doing 150 kph on my hawk. of course, i dont brake hard or sudden lane changes or any of that foolishness! i am well aware of the C.G. of this SUV. except the wind noise, there is nothing that really bothers me.
Old 14th September 2008, 23:15   #58
BHPian

back from 600+ km trip, it's was fun, we visited 2 spots one Bhedagath water fall and other one Dam both on river Narmada near Jabalpur. Will upload few snaps later, but my Scorpio performed flawlessly , am getting addited to this long weekend drives and family too is liking these outings.
I used GPS to cross check speed, to my surprise the difference between actual and speedo is just 5 kmph. The max speed recorded on GPS was 148kmph.

-Pramod
Old 14th September 2008, 23:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

I've never crossed 110-120 in my 4x4. Was advised by the previous owner to avoid doing so, because it would put some major strain on the drivetrain. Given that the gentleman is an avid off-roader, and has travelled far and wide in various SUVs and Jeeps for many years, I listen to him
Plus, it's a pre-CRDE model, which feels a bit strained at very high speeds. I somehow have very different expectations when I drive the Scorp. Speed isn't really something I strive for. Cruise comfortably, eat up bad roads, go anywhere.

OT:
Will be putting up a detailed initial ownership experience sometime soon. Just had the beast's interiors spiffed up - cleaning, shampooing, polisihing, plus new upholstery. Also fitted some good ICE. It's a different experience for me, especially after driving primarily sedans and hatchbacks previously. But, I'm loving it!

Last edited by razor4077 : 14th September 2008 at 23:34.
Old 15th September 2008, 09:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:

What you say it true but only to a certain extent.
4X4 vehicles have very few takers, but those few are often VERY clear about what they want.
Hardly anyone buys a 4WD variant unwittingly; the price difference itself is the first deterrant.
Add to that the fact of a waiting period and you find 90% drop the idea right there.
Dealers have seen this behaviour for years, so they always try to sell you a 4X2. If you are in the 90% or so, you'll wind up buying the regular models.
Tanveer (tsk_1979) simply decided to buy the Safari 4X4 when told that a 4X4 Scorpio was not available.
have undergone the same trial and due to safari dealer's poor response had to go to Mahindra showroom but they just refused any possibility of 4*4 option. Even Getaway was not available nor regular 2.6 CRDE with 4*4 and no question of mhawk being available in 4*4 trim. This I checked with three dealers including the company owned showroom in June.

Finally, booked and currently driving mhawk but yes sorely miss the option of 4*4 and no wonder still looking forward to using it enough soon to be able to look forward to going for another 4*4 .

Of course 1 good thing that happened is Safari no more appeals to me so much for some strange reasons- may be grapes were sour effect or whatever. At the time of launch of Vista - I had been to Concorde ( Tata showeroom ) and had a good feel of safari again but this time other than the driving seat nothing appealed so much . Specially the rear jump seats sucks in comparison to scorpios seats which are far more usable and practical - IMHO.

Well , I am looking forward to outlander / scorpio 4*4- with auto tranny - after 2 years I guess , if the availability of fuel - diesel / petrol is not a big pain till then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks