Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 16:59   #61
BHPian

posted my 600km travelogue here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bargi-dam.html

-Pramod
Old 5th August 2009, 01:53   #62
BHPian

As per the pricelist on the net Mahindra has a 4x4 Vlx @ 75K addition. Does any one have more details about this 4x4? Also there is a huge difference between dealer pricing & the net prices. Looks like Mahindra has reduced the prices, but no Mumbai dealer is confirming.
Old 5th August 2009, 07:44   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

When I enquired a couple of weeks back. 4WD was available only with the older 2.6 CRDe engine in SLX trim so the web-site could be wrong.
Old 5th August 2009, 08:08   #64
BHPian

there was mention of this price reduction in another thread too. Where did you find out about it ? Since there has been no publicity of the same. Also, its a strange time to slash prices just after the refresh. I think something may be around the corner. Shoot an email to Mahindra helpline, they should be able to clear up the price issue for sure.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

4WD Scorpios are only available in SLX Trim with 2.6 Crde Engine.
These are also available in Getaway variant.

M&M have not yet released 4WD with Mhawk engine here as far as I know.

The normal waiting period for this could be anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. One needs to pay the advance/ booking amount and then shut up and wait till the vehicle gets assembled and delivered.

Unfortunately one cannot order this in the LX or SLE Trim despite the fact that it is actually getting assembled based on the order. One cant even choose a colour other than the normal SLX colour offerings.

There are a couple of 4WDs hanging around in a couple of the Mahindra Stock Yards - as far as I know (based on conversation with one of the dealers), there is one in Cochin and one more hanging around in Dharwad. This data is 2 months old, so these might have gotten snapped up by now.

Most irritating, when one does not even have the chance of making a choice of colour/ variant.

Left to myself I would love to have the Scorpio as follows:

1. 4WD 2.6 Crde engine.
2. Heavy Duty MHAWK Clutch assembly system - since it is better than the old one.
3.No silly dysfunctional roof rails or the holes in the roof either
4.Jungle Green/ Turf Green/ Henna Green colour
5.Normal (old type) M2Di bonnet (without the stupid ornamental?? scoop!!)
6. Old DX / SLE Trim (with rear wipers and rear defogger/ heating element)
7. Plain Dark Grey/ Black Cladding with Scorpio Embossed near rear door
8. Black Bumpers of Scorpio refresh type with fully integrated front side mudflaps to prevent water splash on bonnet.
9. 7 Seater Configuration with moveable rear (mid-row) seats.
10.Plain black electric ORVM's as in new Scorpios
11. Integrated mirror indicator lamps
12.Decent Aura Alloys with nice Geolandar or BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres
13. Integrated reversing sensors on rear bumper
14. ABS assembly which could be hijacked from the newer Scorpios.
15. Normal 4WD pintle tow hook assembly with special rear bumper
16. Old type radiator grille without the sabre tooth and new shape
17. Change the radio antenna to a smaller, less whippy type.
18. Simple bull bar similar to the one I already have
19. Nice pair of solid fog lamps to cut through the mist.
20. Slightly more powerful headlamps - 90/100 halogens

All else at the moment seems unnecessary for me. If I think of any more stuff I will add it in!

Since the vehicle is literally custom built and work only begins based on the order, they should charge a fair price and offer consumers this much choice at least in terms of "build your own".

But then again, if wishes were horses then most of us beggars would be able to ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
When I enquired a couple of weeks back. 4WD was available only with the older 2.6 CRDe engine in SLX trim so the web-site could be wrong.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:13   #66
BHPian

@ Sankar.balan : Your wish list indicate the requirements of every wildlife photographer and we all share the same grievance.

Yes, I agree with you that if M&M can provide the cost based on customisation and even if there is slight premium then there would be many takers.

The cost model for Mahindra Customization cars is a ridicule and does not make sense to pay the price for highend model and rip it down to basics.

I would like to add a

Manul 4X4 gear shift instead of the electric switch would bring more fun for offroad drives.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:26   #67
BHPian

[quote=shankar.balan;1416874]4WD Scorpios are only available in SLX Trim with 2.6 Crde Engine.
These are also available in Getaway variant.

M&M have not yet released 4WD with Mhawk engine here as far as I know.

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

But it is mentioned in the price list.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:31   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post

But it is mentioned in the price list.
Kiran, it is in the price list and also in the brochure. The dealer told me it was not available and I followed up with a Senior Manager in charge of the Scorpio line based on Shankar's suggestion. Like I said in my earlier post, unless something has changed last week, you will have to move to Dubai to buy a VLX 4WD.

The reason they have it on he price list is that they plan to launch it some time in the next couple of months. It's still undergoing testing. I don't really understand what the hell they have to test. Tata offers their 4WD option with the 2.2 VVTI engine without any fuss and I don't see why Mahindra cannot do the same. The power output between these engines are not that different.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 5th August 2009 at 14:33.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

yes dude
you're right. they are testing it at the moment.
mahindra will launch this as part of its new philosophy of providing, rugged, yet comfortable vehicles targeted towards the adventurous, go anywhere spirit in the new age consumer.

therefore the 2.2 Mhawk engine in the 4x4 variant becomes an absolute pre-requisite. then it would really be a first class lifestyle SUV priced this side of Rs 12 Lacs, which will benefit a number of people.

Of course, once the Skoda Yeti comes in, things may change, but change, as they say, is the only constant.

Quote:
Kiran, it is in the price list and also in the brochure. The dealer told me it was not available and I followed up with a Senior Manager in charge of the Scorpio line based on Shankar's suggestion. Like I said in my earlier post, unless something has changed last week, you will have to move to Dubai to buy a VLX 4WD.

The reason they have it on he price list is that they plan to launch it some time in the next couple of months. It's still undergoing testing. I don't really understand what the hell they have to test. Tata offers their 4WD option with the 2.2 VVTI engine without any fuss and I don't see why Mahindra cannot do the same. The power output between these engines are not that different.
Old 5th August 2009, 18:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thats the reason you see so many issues in TATAs & lesser issues in Mahindras. Testing is very important. Do you want any customer to be treated as a guinea pig on whom every new tech is tested?
Old 5th August 2009, 21:40   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thats the reason you see so many issues in TATAs & lesser issues in Mahindras. Testing is very important. Do you want any customer to be treated as a guinea pig on whom every new tech is tested?
Raj:

I don't mean testing in general but the process off adding existing 4WD drive train to the mhawk engine is fairly straight forward.

If you recall the pictures of the revised scorpio that Param posted a couple of months back before the launch, they were all 4WD mhawk versions.

Tata's issues you mention are not because they give 4WD with the 2.2 VVTI, they just have poor QC in general regardless of whether it is 2WD or 4WD or even just an taxi cab like the Indicar.
Old 6th August 2009, 09:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj:

I don't mean testing in general but the process off adding existing 4WD drive train to the mhawk engine is fairly straight forward.

If you recall the pictures of the revised scorpio that Param posted a couple of months back before the launch, they were all 4WD mhawk versions.

Tata's issues you mention are not because they give 4WD with the 2.2 VVTI, they just have poor QC in general regardless of whether it is 2WD or 4WD or even just an taxi cab like the Indicar.
what i meant was-
we really cannot guess what issues may crop up when the 4WD tranny is mated to the mHawk engine. so in a way, if mahindra is testing it to such extent, it is good for the customers.
it is but obvious that mahindra is aware that there are many who are willing to buy a 4x4 scorpio. and by delaying the launch, it is losing its own business. so i feel that if the launch is delayed because of such reasons, it is a good thing.
Old 6th August 2009, 14:41   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got word from Mahindra that the VLX 4WD with 2.2 Mhawk engine has been launched. Read more in the thread that was created in the 4x4 section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...pio-4wd-3.html
Old 7th August 2009, 07:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

mods - perhaps you could consider merging this thread with the other one - Scorpio 4WD - both are covering pretty much the same topics and points of view.
cheers
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:35   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Just got word from Mahindra that the VLX 4WD with 2.2 Mhawk engine has been launched. Read more in the thread that was created in the 4x4 section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...pio-4wd-3.html
Thanks a lot for the information on the launch of 4X4 Mhawk Scorpio.I was waiting for this car to come out.Any mor details ,please post it .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks