Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2014, 22:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi Lunch Meet on Sunday, 21st September 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
It was a wonderful experience meeting everyone today. And what a turnout it was!

Thank you so much AD for all your organising efforts and bringing us all together.

Now, bring on the Diwali meet! Am all game!
Thanks a lot Mayank and truly the turn out was really good and we actually got to meet some really good fellow bhpians in the process.

To all,

The pre-diwali meet will be hosted on 12th October 2014 i.e Sunday in the morning itself. I shall be posting a new thread for it by September end to ensure everyone gets ample time to adjust their commitments properly.

Diwali is on 23rd October 2014, being a Thursday. I am sure people will be moving out from 18th itself i.e a Saturday and would return around 26th October. So that is the reason due to which I have planned the meet for 12th October 2014.

Thanks.
Old 31st August 2014, 23:25   #152
BHPian

12th sounds great! Really thoughtful of you there AD. Would be eagerly waiting for the thread to come up and then we could all pour in some suggestions to make it a Food and Drive meet maybe. We all love food and cars, don't we!

And hopefully it'll see an even bigger level of participation and joy next time
Old 1st September 2014, 00:16   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Thanks a lot Mayank and truly the turn out was really good and we actually got to meet some really good fellow bhpians in the process.

To all,

The pre-diwali meet will be hosted on 12th October 2014 i.e Sunday in the morning itself. I shall be posting a new thread for it by September end to ensure everyone gets ample time to adjust their commitments properly.

Diwali is on 23rd October 2014, being a Thursday. I am sure people will be moving out from 18th itself i.e a Saturday and would return around 26th October. So that is the reason due to which I have planned the meet for 12th October 2014.

Thanks.
Its better to put one in September too considering a lot of people missed this one. Sameer, Mohit, Me, Mayank, Keshav. Lets keep one the next month. Monthly meets are good ideas and will help us add more people to the meets!
Old 1st September 2014, 08:27   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
hopefully it'll see an even bigger level of participation and joy next time
Surely, the next meet will be even bigger and more fun! I have already started to work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Its better to put one in September too considering a lot of people missed this one. Sameer, Mohit, Me, Mayank, Keshav.
Utsav, I'll figure out something.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st September 2014 at 08:32. Reason: punctuation.
Old 1st September 2014, 09:16   #155
Senior - BHPian

It was a wonderful meet and everything was executed without a hitch - except for Saurabh's sandwich and the photo-shoot. But, there will always be a next time.

Thanks Akash for the initiative taken. All credit to you for this meet. You deserve another diet coke!
Old 1st September 2014, 09:23   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
It was a wonderful meet and everything was executed without a hitch - except for Saurabh's sandwich and the photo-shoot. But, there will always be a next time.

Thanks Akash for the initiative taken. All credit to you for this meet. You deserve another diet coke!
Arey Deepak yaar, You all are equally responsible for the gigantic success and awesome time at the meet yesterday. What happened to Saurabh's sandwich?

Diet Coke we both can have during the weekend! Will call you.

Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 09:26   #157

Awesome meet people, and nice snaps, feeling really bad on missing out on this one, came back to Delhi today itself in the morning. Happy for you guys that the meet went along very well.

Quote:

The pre-diwali meet will be hosted on 12th October 2014 i.e Sunday in the morning itself.

Thanks.
12th is an excellent idea, will give everyone amply time to adjust commitments, I am so sad I missed out on this one . God willing, I will surely attend the next meet.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:59   #158
BHPian

Great time spent with all you wonderful people. Also the choice of place was good. Nice food and centrally located.

Thanks Saurabh and Parikshit for the wonderful snaps. Appreciate Akash's effort in organizing the meet and all the members who could take time out and participate.

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2014, 12:13   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The pre-diwali meet will be hosted on 12th October 2014 i.e Sunday in the morning itself.
Hmm... if you insist, Akash, but then that'll be the reason for me to miss that meet too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Had to miss out due to the timings (9:30 AM onwards on a Sunday usually being working hours for me).

Thanks for the heads-up though PM Akash. Next time, do remember to schedule a meet early morning (like 7:30 AM ) or post-lunch on a Sunday (or after 8 pm on any other day)!
Old 1st September 2014, 12:42   #160
BHPian

Quote:
What happened to Saurabh's sandwich?
Instead of Paneer Tikka Sandwich he served me Chicken Tikka Sandwich which I almost put into my mouth then realized that its non-veg where as I am vegetarian . Upon calling the manager he first denied that non-veg was served to me but when I insisted he accepted and came with Paneer Tikka Sandwich.

I feel that they we under pressure as they were serving breakfast to 27 members and every one ordered something different that too mix of veg and non-veg. I feel restaurants offering both veg and non-veg food should be more careful while delivering orders.

-
SS

Last edited by SaurabhSaran : 1st September 2014 at 12:51.
Old 1st September 2014, 13:12   #161
Senior - BHPian

It was great interacting with all you wonderful people and hope to repeat the experience sooner than later.

ad3952n, the evidence is in my phone but for some reason it is refusing to part with the same. Will resort to 3rd degree and will post asap.

Quote:
Now, My question is where is @ Khoj, awaiting for pics from his end!
Old 1st September 2014, 14:03   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
It was great interacting with all you wonderful people and hope to repeat the experience sooner than later. The evidence is in my phone but for some reason it is refusing to part with the same. Will resort to 3rd degree and will post asap.
Sir it was a pleasure meeting you and really felt nice that you could spare time for us. As for the evidence, don't use any 3rd degree. Just use USB cable and attach it via Tbhp photo upload system.

And certainly, with support of all of you, We shall organize more such meets and have a great time. The experience will definitely be repeated. You have my word on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Instead of Paneer Tikka Sandwich he served me Chicken Tikka Sandwich which I almost put into my mouth then realized that its non-veg. I feel that they we under pressure as they were serving breakfast to 27 members and every one ordered something different that too mix of veg and non-veg.
Oh Haan, you told me that. You are right, they were shocked to see such a big gathering all together. Never in their dreams they would have thought about it. Rest assured Saurabh, next time we will definitely sort this type of issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hmm... if you insist, Akash, but then that'll be the reason for me to miss that meet too.
Shom Sir, come on! As of now timing is not given. Please adjust a bit to our wishes sir. I will make sure you won't miss out next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Great time spent with all you wonderful people. Also the choice of place was good. Nice food and centrally located.
Appreciate Akash's effort in organizing the meet and all the members who could take time out and participate.
Thanks Jasmeet, You are too equally responsible for the meet's success yesterday. Your arrival to the venue even before us clearly showed how excited you were. Respect to all!

OT: Yaar, this Dwarka signal story of old lady in White! It's true? I forgot to ask you yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadDervesh View Post
Awesome meet people, and nice snaps, feeling really bad on missing out on this one. 12th is an excellent idea, will give everyone amply time to adjust commitments. I will surely attend the next meet.
Don't worry, you will be there in our next meet. Thanks a lot for writing in. We had a couple of new bhpians in the meet yesterday who really liked the whole idea of the tbhp meet.

Dervesh, 12th October wali meet will be definitely a notch higher than this one for sure and I am counting on my whole team for that. You too shall be an important part of it.

Do prepare a newbie speech for yourself in the mean time. Next time there will be a intro round too.

Thanks.
Old 1st September 2014, 14:37   #163
BHPian

It was a wonderful experience meeting so many bhpians. Lovely weather, great breakfast and awesome company. A truly memorable experience

A big thank you AD sir for organizing the meet and to all members who came. Also thanks SS, Parikshit and V&V for the great pics.

And AD sir, about making Saurabh a member, why do you want to add an additional topic of argument between two lawyers at home. As it is we have enough to argue about :P Also regarding the importance of team-bhp and wives thread, I am seriously considering to start a team-bhp and husbands thread.

Looking forward to more such meets in the future
Old 1st September 2014, 15:00   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
It was a wonderful experience meeting so many bhpians. Lovely weather, great breakfast and awesome company. A truly memorable experience
Really nice and motivating words for us Mandy ji. The weather added to the beauty of the gathering for sure.

Quote:
A big thank you AD sir for organizing the meet and to all members who came.
A collective success is actually the right term for our meet yesterday.

Quote:
And AD sir, about making Saurabh a member, why do you want to add an additional topic of argument between two lawyers at home. As it is we have enough to argue about :P
I want him to consider my request simply because there should be a place to vent out the hidden sentiments and expressions which are not possible to be expressed in-front of the better half.

Saurabh too shall say, "My Lord, I am hereby stating my side of the story here" Lol!

Quote:
Also regarding the importance of team-bhp and wives thread, I am seriously considering to start a team-bhp and husbands thread.
LMAO! That is one thing that I am going to start. Have been thinking on it for quite sometime. A guy who often goes through the fire and walks on hot ashes for his wife/ special one can understand husbands better and can empathize with them.

As you are a patenting lawyer (as i remember), I'll share this topic first! ROFL!

Quote:
Looking forward to more such meets in the future
Certainly, Pre Diwali meet is in the planning already. Will keep you informed.

Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 15:07   #165
Senior - BHPian

Hey Joy, I just remembered your change from the 500/- is with me. What say we meet the coming weekend at market#2 for some rolls & cutlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I am interested to attend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks