Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 14:46   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I just realized...over 200km @ a maximum of 15kmpl does not work out very cheap. I suggest next time we all pool in for petrol, as much as possible.
Oh, Petrol... Never thought about it that way. I thought the drivers paid for their petrol in return for having so much fun driving.

On the other hand I have no clue who paid for the food. I think the food bill should have been shared, not fair saddling somebody with the whole food bill.

Quote:
Followed by a return in blinding rain, and a wet pitstop for tea
I was not really planning to stop for rain since I was doing quite fine, I stopped when I saw Iceman's Baleno pulled over to the side. Then I returned back and joined the rest for the pitstop. I used to drive in icy rains and snow storms quite frequently. But then they were roads with proper dividers with no oncoming traffic...

Quote:
Arre! What happened to the close-ups of my cool t-shirt?!
I only published the best of the snaps, I'll lookup your T-shirt photo once I am home.
Old 13th June 2005, 15:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

It was great fun.. i must say! All of my drive was covered in the Amby and Anush's Esteem. Both cars were doing great in their own respect. Loved the sound the Amby made, and loved the way Anush's car sounded when we were flying by slower cars. Never knew an Esteem could do close to 140 in 3rd!
Lunch was a bit delayed and by then my appetite had kinda died out. No regrets at all though.. had a lot of fun throughout the trip. The rain was a good thing to happen.. there is something about having hot chai during rains. Nice snaps of the car during the wet pitstop.
Neat review Samurai and good pics too.
Old 13th June 2005, 15:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

rightly said samurai...its the fun that counts not the money as long as it is affordable.....never thought abt gas or the food bill ro chai etc etc.
did not want to risk in the rain because 6 cars and dont know how each can drive...well the chai was good enough to have stopped!!!
Old 13th June 2005, 16:09   #19
BHPian

The drive yesterday was just brilliant! Had great fun there. Was my first long drive in my car and enjoyed every minute of it.

We all started off together and after the first stop on the way, everyone just took off. I was following freakr thinking he would know where we were heading, but a little down the road he pulled over and asked me where we had to go. Uh oh. We had no idea where we were to go or which road to take. Well, apparantly there weren't too many deviations and we just had to follow the road. Called iceman and he said just take the right deviation and head towards the rocky place. Ok. Atleast now even if i get lost i have company. Hehe.

Oh also until i read the title of this thread i had no idea where we had gone yesterday. I knew it was somewhere beyond kolar.. thats it. So we stopped at this dhaba there and iceman went looking for beer. Unfortunately there was only warm beer available. Boohoo.
Went in after taking a few pics of the cars and parking them all in the shade. Had lots of chicken. The food there was quite good.

After the nice meal we decided to head back. We stopped a few times on the way back to because chetan had noticed a minor rattle in his VTEC. Apparantly a screw loose somewhere. So Psycho got in and drove the car for a bit and stopped looking quite worried. There was smoke coming from the console!!! (or so they thought) While Keshav was sitting in the car searching for the cause of this i noticed his fuming foot. Apparantly keshav's pants were on fire.

Anyways fire put out, no more worries about the car and we hit the road again. ... only to encounter sudden rain a little further down. Visibility issues made us stop. Luckily in front of a teashop. So tea and cigarettes in the rain. Yay. Once the rain subsided we headed back, and this time we didnt have to stop anywhere. Followed Psycho back to bangalore and since it was quite late headed back home.

Overall a really nice drive and a great way to spend a sunday. My friends just couldnt figure out why i would want to drive so much for no reason. To have lunch at a place past kolar i replied.

Yesteday was great fun and i hope to do this more often. Till the next meet then.
Old 13th June 2005, 16:15   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
My friends just couldnt figure out why i would want to drive so much for no reason.
Tell them such long drives smoothen the engine and increase FE dramatically. They will suddenly understand...
Old 13th June 2005, 16:23   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Never knew an Esteem could do close to 140 in 3rd
Well an Esteem is caplable of 160 in 3rd.. Pheeew..
Old 13th June 2005, 18:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

I guess it IS worth it for the drive. I saw the suggestion for the Mumbai drive, so I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hey Samurai, what are you saying? Do you mean that my t-shirt snap wasn't one of the best? This is too much, I am unsheathing my sword!!!
Old 13th June 2005, 19:11   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Samurai, what are you saying? Do you mean that my t-shirt snap wasn't one of the best? This is too much, I am unsheathing my sword!!!
Well, let me have a second look, I don't recall it...
Old 13th June 2005, 20:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Banzaaaaiiiii!

Actually the pic I was looking forward to was the licence plate one with the photograph. Eagerly awaiting that!
Old 13th June 2005, 20:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

for that v1p3r we need ot start a thread called "this is what i call personalised plates!!!"

what say??
Old 13th June 2005, 20:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha! Who'd have though that in India also we would have those! I think other than that hi-performance two wheeler, only your plate qualifies as personal!
Old 13th June 2005, 21:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Here you go...

Old 13th June 2005, 21:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ice you are missing your photograph on your car ... jus kidding dude

Last edited by Psycho : 13th June 2005 at 21:46.
Old 13th June 2005, 22:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

hehe nice one v1p3r,psycho but i think thats the maximum i would "personalise" my plate...of course abroad i might get a vanity plate with you know what on it!!!!
Old 13th June 2005, 22:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Hey Ice you are missing your photograph on your car ... jus kidding dude
Somewhat like a roaming shaadi.com billboard!!!

Hey all, if you can guess the car in the background of the numberplate, you get one free warm beer at the next meet!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks