Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 10:42   #256
BHPian

Re: Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane

Upps, just saw this thread, but last week only went to goa and before that was at Kashid only, really want to make for this as i can see good nos for Mumbaikars and Punekars coming for the meet. Problem is am not at home, for last 6 weekends, each weekend am out somewhere.
Good to see khoj bhai back to mumbai.
Old 4th January 2011, 10:47   #257
Senior - BHPian

You are blessed with a long life parimal_g. I was just thinkung that I should call you regarding the meet and here you are. So, I trust you are ready to make it 7 weekends away from home :-)
Old 4th January 2011, 11:27   #258
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@AP bhau. We will miss you. But please help suggest a nice place to eat in Kashid.

1. Need veggie food for people like me.
2. Need nice ambience that would befit a t-bhp meet.
3. Need to keep costs low for many members here.

@Parimal. Incidentally, 2 or 3 of those weekend trips you have been at Pune. And I've not been here then. So make it 7. Let's meet up after 7 weekends. Need to get my nose away from the stench of mula / mootha river and smell something good for a change.
Old 4th January 2011, 12:25   #259
Senior - BHPian

I am glad you are having this meet but a bit envious too (in a goodway though!)
I hope you bring back pics for all those who cannot attend
Old 4th January 2011, 13:01   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks MX6

Hi scrooze,
Since you want to meet MX6 you can drive out with me. On the return trip I will be taking a pit stop at Khopoli but I am sure there will be enough members at the meet driving back via New Bombay to Thane & Bombay so should not be a problem.

Where exactly are you in New Bombay, I will be starting from Vashi.
Thanks Khoj. I am from Sanpada. Will PM you my contact details now and can decide where to catch up.
As for coming part if there are no members who are going through Navi Mumbai will always have options of ST buses to Navi Mumbai
Old 4th January 2011, 15:53   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

The beach stalls in Kashid can probably satisfy point 3 with maggi and omlette. There really is no place (as far as I know) which satisfies 1 and 2 other than resorts (which dont make sense if you are not staying overnight). Prakruti resorts in Kashid does a buffet lunch but I dont think it is cheap.

You can hang out at kashid (the beach is better than Murud) but to eat decent food you would have to go another 15 km odd to Murud.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:08   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@AP bhau. We will miss you. But please help suggest a nice place to eat in Kashid.

@Parimal. Incidentally, 2 or 3 of those weekend trips you have been at Pune. And I've not been here then. So make it 7. Let's meet up after 7 weekends. Need to get my nose away from the stench of mula / mootha river and smell something good for a change.
For the food i thing best bet is Alibagh, there is one very good Restaurant at Vadkhal Naka, Murud you will get some good food.

Yes agree with MX need to keep cost low., My new year Resolution to spend less .

I was in Pune for only one weekend and you went to Karnataka the same time.Yes this month i will have to come to Pune, will meet sure this time.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:12   #263
BHPian

Quote:
You are blessed with a long life parimal_g. I was just thinkung that I should call you regarding the meet and here you are. So, I trust you are ready to make it 7 weekends away from home :-)
Thanks Sir, I will try my best, lets see what reason i can give at home..
So when are you coming back to Mumbai.Our BTC met is still pending.
Old 4th January 2011, 18:30   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
The beach stalls in Kashid can probably satisfy point 3 with maggi and omlette. There really is no place (as far as I know) which satisfies 1 and 2 other than resorts (which dont make sense if you are not staying overnight). Prakruti resorts in Kashid does a buffet lunch but I dont think it is cheap.

You can hang out at kashid (the beach is better than Murud) but to eat decent food you would have to go another 15 km odd to Murud.
Well pav omlette works fine for me but it would be nice to know how much is the buffet at Prakruti. Anyone? What options are there at Murud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Thanks Khoj. I am from Sanpada. Will PM you my contact details now and can decide where to catch up.
As for coming part if there are no members who are going through Navi Mumbai will always have options of ST buses to Navi Mumbai
scrooze, I have your pm and will call you once I reach Bombay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
For the food i thing best bet is Alibagh, there is one very good Restaurant at Vadkhal Naka, Murud you will get some good food.
Hey Parimal, do you know 'Aunty's Ice cream soda' place on the Vadkhal naka ~ Alibag road. I hope it is still operational.

Quote:
So when are you coming back to Mumbai.Our BTC met is still pending.
Yes BTC is pending indeed but don't worry I am sure we will take care of that soon enough. BTW have you been there after the renovation?
Old 4th January 2011, 20:18   #265
BHPian

Can I join in too (if that is ok)?

Quote:
Quote:
Parimal, ata bhav khau nakos.
Khoj Bhai: It will surely be 7 weekends away from home for Parimal.

BTW I checked with Issignosi, SuperSelect and BolBolero. Following are their updates:
Issigonis: Is currently in Udaipur on this trip back. Would be back to Mumbai tomorrow night. He has currently declined but I believe a little bit of persuation should do the trick.
SuperSelect has a function in the family and hence cant make it.
BolBolero: Is tentatively in, would confirm by Friday.

One last question: Is this a family meet or only us?

Cheers
f1fan
Old 4th January 2011, 20:41   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I think McD is the best meeting point.
Kumar ji,Kindly tell me howmany kms is Kashid from MacD Kalambboli, and if I am right we will have to take road which goes to pen, alibaug......
Old 4th January 2011, 20:56   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji,Kindly tell me howmany kms is Kashid from MacD Kalambboli, and if I am right we will have to take road which goes to pen, alibaug......
Approximately 100 kms from Kalamboli McD, via Panvel, Karnala, Pen, Vadgal Naka, Alibag & Revdanda. Should take 2 hours+, depending on how early one leaves Kalamboli. Traffic is very high in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal Naka section, and roads very narrow from Alibag onwards.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:47   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Approximately 100 kms from Kalamboli McD, via Panvel, Karnala, Pen, Vadgal Naka, Alibag & Revdanda. Should take 2 hours+, depending on how early one leaves Kalamboli. Traffic is very high in the Panvel-Pen-Vadgal Naka section, and roads very narrow from Alibag onwards.
Kumar ji in that case it would be ideal to leave MaD latst by 8.00 AM. if it is OK by all.as we will not be travelling by Expressway,and would be driving on very dangerous highway full of Goa buses and trucks,same road goes to Mahableshwar also.
Old 4th January 2011, 21:53   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Kumar ji in that case it would be ideal to leave MaD latst by 8.00 AM. if it is OK by all.as we will not be travelling by Expressway,and would be driving on very dangerous highway full of Goa buses and trucks,same road goes to Mahableshwar also.
I agree!
The earlier the better. In fact, I would set a earlier target time for departure since after 8, NH17 till Vadgal Phata becomes very messy even on Sundays.
Old 4th January 2011, 22:13   #270
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys. Can't make it yet again.

Fiat Club meet in the morning.
Big Fat Family Function afternoon onwards..

Will miss you all.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 4th January 2011 at 22:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks