Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 15:17   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
While one got solved at first go, the other didnt go. Hence, though you can say that they always do the same thing everytime, calling it as a mistake is definitely not right. Hope that explains.
In my K10, during collection of the vehicle, I asked what was the issue, they said "nothing Saar, just fluctuations from battery hence CEL". I didn't believe them but couldn't do anything as I wasn't with the car during the time it went into limp mode. My driver took it to the ASC near my house.

All I wanted to know was, what was the error code so I could see what the problem was genuinely. They returned the car in 20 minutes. I get a message when the car goes on for service and when it is ready. What diagnosis is it that can be done in 20 minutes flat including all their paperworks and entries in system.

Peace out!

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th February 2017 at 15:18.
Old 20th February 2017, 15:32   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: AMT Failure in my Maruti Celerio! EDIT: Issue resolved

Slight off topic but this is not only MUL phenomenon, but genuine issue with lot of the dealerships. I don't know if they have been instructed to do this or not, but buggers just clears the error code and will check for few minutes if the error is reappearing, then will report ok.

I still remember the radiator fan issue i was facing, dealer would clear the error code, finally one day the fan completely gave away and then they realized it was not a simple CEL issue. Fortunately i was not stranded and only ac failed to switch on. Next time was with the bike, inspite of me informing what the error was and which sensor had failed, they wasted half a day diagnosing!
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 10:49   #63
BHPian

Instead of speed, what about RPM ? At what RPM does it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear ? I have seen mine shifting at about 3K.
Old 30th June 2017, 09:26   #64
BHPian

Can anybody confirm the clutch replacement period for Celerio AGS? Did not find the information in the manual.

Bumped into a conversation in one of the Srilanka car forums. Clutch/Pressure plate replacement of Celerio AGS is scheduled every 30K Kms just like the manual variant. This is as advised by MSIL service rep.
Attached Images

Old 30th June 2017, 09:55   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
Can anybody confirm the clutch replacement period for Celerio AGS? Did not find the information in the manual.
Rather, the question is can you survive 30k kms on a clutch plate with juddering?

For my car, the clutch plate replacement schedule is every 5k kms. No one needs to say it. The clutch plate itself will remind you its time it got replaced once the car does 5-6k kms. The oldest clutch I have seen in a Celerio is at 29k kms and apart from the judder, it ran fine.

If this judder issue doesnt exist, I think the clutch plates should last really long since compared to some drivers habits of frequently slipping the clutch, the AMT doesnt slip that much and it should last long.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 10:18   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Alto K10 AMT nearing 20k in one year. Totally driven in stop and go Gurgaon/Gurugram traffic. I find no judders. Yes the car's been driven with reasonable foot. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 14th July 2017, 01:28   #67
BHPian

My celerio amt showed this pronounced juddering about 2000 km after my 20000 service.
The car used to jerk quite badly in stop and go traffic. And it get worse after a long drive.

Did not take it to ass, fiddled around with the clutch adjustment knob under the hood n found a sweet spot.

The celerio has a black rubber clutch play adjustment knob that functions similar to manual clutch play adjustment screw. Turn it one way for a smooth shifting action and more clutch slippage, adjusting it the other way will make the geaeshifts more positive and if adjusted too much,downright jerky. I used the trial and error method to find my preferred level. Now it jerks only if I accelerate hard too soon afyer a shift. Wait for a half second before accelerating or accelerate gently n there are no jerks.

The knob thingie is so easy that I use it to adjust response even for highway trips (my car is 100%city with highway trip once in a while, the only reason a celerio would interest me)
Joe-Ker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 21:22   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Ker View Post

The celerio has a black rubber clutch play adjustment knob that functions similar to manual clutch play adjustment screw. Turn it one way for a smooth shifting action and more clutch slippage, adjusting it the other way will make the geaeshifts more positive and if adjusted too much,downright jerky.
Interesting find. Though I have seen this knob, I thought it would be redundant for the AMT version and was wondering why it was even provided. I will read the service manual and check where this is mentioned.

But I am really skeptical about it solving the judder issue in the long run. If it does solve the issue, I will be grateful to you and will make the jaws of the mechanics at the dealership drop to the floor. Why I am skeptical is because, the AMT has a capacity to learn the clutch bite point and engage point. This learning is continuous and is implemented to compensate for clutch wear as time passes by. By adjusting this knob, you are just altering the clutch position. If you tighten the knob, it will put pressure on the release bearing even when the AMT releases the clutch fully.

If I get the logic right, when you tighten the clutch it should lead to judder and if you loosen it, it should lead to smoother gearshifts?

I think this will happen the soft way too. If you reset the AMT module and let it relearn, the juddering issue will disappear temporarily, in my case for a few hundred kms. Basically you are doing it mechanically. If and when my car starts juddering, I will try this method. Currently, it is running happily on the third clutch kit. None of my manual transmission cars have had so many clutch changes. Either they were sold, or they saw one clutch kit change.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 03:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Interesting find. Though I have seen this knob,

But I am really skeptical about it solving the judder issue in the long run. If it does solve the issue, I will be grateful to you and will make the jaws of the mechanics at the dealership drop to the floor. Why I am skeptical is because, the AMT has a capacity to learn the clutch bite point and engage point. This learning is continuous and is implemented to compensate for clutch wear as time passes by. By adjusting this knob, you are just altering the clutch position. If you tighten the knob, it will put pressure on the release bearing even when the AMT releases the clutch fully.

If I get the logic right, when you tighten the clutch it should lead to judder and if you loosen it, it should lead to smoother gearshifts?

You got the logic right. But loosen it too much and you start getting jerky shifts n some judder.

I too thought it would be redundant but went in for a trial anyway and was pleasantly surprised. I went on a Bangalore Chennai run and back with the clutch juddering all the time, that should have given the amt ample time to learn..especially the few hours I spend to drive a few km within blore

My guess is that the self adjustment feature has limited range. The ASS must have fiddled around with the knob as I do remember the gearshifts being sooo smooth after 20k service and the judder started at 22k. The clutch must have been wearing very fast for those 2000kms.

I also wouldn't put it past the maruti guys to do something like this intentionally. Since car is in warranty, clutch is the one thing they can charge for. ( I used to adjust the play in my 800 every time it came back from service, as they would adjust it to the very end so that clutch release is soft but after a little wear it will start to ride the clutch slightly more everytime. My 800 has crossed 1lakh km before I needed a clutch replacement.)
Old 20th September 2017, 11:45   #70
BHPian

Update: Now the judder is back at 27000km. So gave the rubber thing a few good turns.a few more than necessary so the shifts felt like the box was almost dumping the clutch like a drag run. My objective was to test if as @audioholic said the amt can learn clutch release point.

Experiment success: I drove around for two days in the city some 10-15km with the shifts a little too abrupt. But the third day, it was butter smooth. Almost as good as the day i got the car. A gearshift slightly accelerates or retards the car without the 'thunk' sound jn any gear n i dont know if it's related but mileage has gone up by .5-.7kmpl as shown by display.

Absolutely zero judder
So i think the rubber thing adjusts the play or at the very least causes the amt box to recalibrate.
Joe-Ker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 16:00   #71
BHPian

Hello Guys, i have just booked a WagonR vxi+ AGS model and will get it delivered in a few days. On seeing the above posts, i sense there are issues with the AMT unit ? Also this thread has not been updated for a year. Is it that people are fedup or the issues have been resolved? Kindly let me know what i might need to expect interms on trouble from the AMT unit
Old 12th January 2019, 23:03   #72

@keshav1426:

Sorry for being late. Not sure why the thread went cold inspite of so many AMTs being sold and so many owners joining and being already present here on TamBHP.

Hope you bought it already.
Keep the vehicle driven single-handed if possible and ensure timely service visits to MSIL (most importantly oil change schedules).
Rest all is fine as is with any technology.

Cheers, happy driving.
praviin05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 14:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praviin05 View Post
@keshav1426:

Sorry for being late. Not sure why the thread went cold inspite of so many AMTs being sold and so many owners joining and being already present here on TamBHP.Cheers, happy driving.
Yes the car was delivered in Aug 2018 and it has been a peaceful existence since then. Completed the 5000 kms free checkup few weeks ago. It was just top up of fluids .Happy to say the vehicle is doing well. It is being driven 40 kms a day in dense traffic. Primarily used by my wife and it returns 14.5 kmpl. Pretty decent and overall happy with it .The car still feels tight .I assume the engine will open up after the 10k mark. I am planning the cars first highway drive next month.About 400 kms round-trip Lets see how it goes

Last edited by keshav1426 : 14th January 2019 at 14:36.
Old 14th January 2019, 19:19   #74

@keshav1426

Belated Congratulations!
Where are the pics?

Yes, things will change for better after 2 service visits.

Btw, I feel the mileage quoted is a bit low, even for a brand new car.
I have always remained above 15.5 in core city driving conditions with AC always and I mean always On (it's more about dust/particulate pollutants for me as i'm allergic, than cooling though) and the lowest figure of 15.9 is what i've observed when the car was new or when i'm at the worst city driving experience during peak traffic hours.
Guess it's just a matter of observation, plus after 2 service checks do put a gentle reminder to the service adviser to get it checked.

fyi: the vehicle is really light weight hence on a curvy highway, anything above 100 Kmph will be at the edge. Off-road, Suzuki power-steering is way too responsive, find Hyundai's better balanced, so is VW. The steering-feedback can get on the nerve sometimes. Rest is bliss. Be it maintenance or usability for 4 people in the car with ample headroom, shoulder room and leg room. 5 could be difficult for long runs especially for full size adults.

Anyway, Celerio AMT is a breeze to drive and manoeuvre in city traffic and even for long runs.
Enjoy the new car!
Cheers.
Old 15th February 2021, 13:54   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
This is exactly what i am facing
I'm facing this as well. Particularly, noticeable while starting off on first gear and going bit uphill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks