Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2007, 19:39   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing...Technology touching lives...and once again, the more I read here, the more I get disaapointed with Honda...

BTW, I test drove swifts (petrol, followed by diesel) today.
What a pleasant surprize...
1. diesel gear shift very very smooth, in fact better than petrol swift and comparabale to my NHC).
2. DDIS engine is really cool. Very silent, almost like petrol.
3. This much talked about turbo stuff - a thing to experience. Got a rreal kick in at 2000 RPM...above this level it's a different car altogether. Great pick up...I think as good as the NHC (of course NHC is not a great car when it comes to pick up, but still it's quite reasonable so we can compare). Handling at high speeds and during this great pick-up is simply fantastic. In fact Swift DDIS feels solid and planted - much better than NHC.

Way to go, Maruti...
Old 1st May 2007, 11:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
tagged keys are planned to be introduced across all models of maruti, thats what i have heard
Already available as an option on all variants of Alto ...adiitional cost of approx 3 k across all variants..You can order your alto with or without these special keys..
Old 1st May 2007, 11:43   #33
BHPian

Did you really feel grip while cruising at speeds over 120. Because the car i tested was giving me a poor feedback after going over 120. The steering was really vibrating, a floating kind of sensation was there.
Old 1st May 2007, 13:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd
Did you really feel grip while cruising at speeds over 120. Because the car i tested was giving me a poor feedback after going over 120. The steering was really vibrating, a floating kind of sensation was there.
Blame those 165 sized JK tyres
Old 1st May 2007, 23:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed quite nice on part of Maruti to offer free replacement of faulty parts. Compare this with the Metro ford thread going on elsewhere.

Such gestures are the reason why Maruti is still no.1
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:04   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, amazingly stable.
The car I drove had run 5000 KM and since it's a demo car, they haven't yet had the chance to service it yet...

Only one thing, if I apply breaks at such a high speeds, it sort of locked and steered towards right...may be a wheel alignment issue and ABS is coming in a month. They are taking bookings.

As for the great pick-up, I was so upset (with my NHC) after testing swift that I subjected my NHC to the same aggressive driving (as if it was a demo car and not mine)...and to console myself here is what I can say... NHC HAS the pick up, no doubt. It's just that there is no engine noise (at least not as much as DDIS) so I don't get that "audible" excitement of accelration.

But, regaring hadnling on pothols, bumps, broken tar, no consolation for me. Swift feels incredibly stable while NHC feels like walking on weak legs.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:37   #37
BHPian

nitrous i asked the guys with me. They told me that it is because of the speedo meter detached as it is a demo vehicle. And as speedo is detached the power steering is never deactivated. I know that in ps vehicles when a particular speed is achieved the ps is automatically turned off.

I just wanted to clarify this argument put forward by them, as i havent driven any speedo attached diesel swift. If it is persistent with them, then it is all about stability than anything else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks