Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2015, 15:12   #5851
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
You will see marked improvement after HL is levelled properly.
Good point, Amit. Incorrectly aligned Head Lamps can cause the H/L's to look weak. This step should be one of the basics before anything else is done.

One other thing OP can do is to check the reflector to see if there is any discoloration of the reflecting surface / Headlamp glass.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 09:30   #5852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

On top of the headlight assembly you will see a Phillips screw moving it moves HL up or down.
Can you do me a favor by attaching the pic of this screw. Maybe this is exactly what is actually required to be done.
Old 11th March 2015, 19:19   #5853
BHPian

A colleague of mine who owns a pre-owned safar 3.0 DICOR 4.4 vx is not able to find a 'vaccum pump'. He has checked out all the authorized TATA service centers in AP/Telangana but none of them have any clue of it. They are asking for the part number or the picture of the vaccum pump.

Can anybody help with the part number or place where it can be sourced.

Sorry, couldn't find the 3.0 L technical thread hence posted here. Please help !
Old 11th March 2015, 20:19   #5854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Can you do me a favor by attaching the pic of this screw. Maybe this is exactly what is actually required to be done.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1399497
Old 12th March 2015, 14:25   #5855
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
A colleague of mine who owns a pre-owned safar 3.0 DICOR 4.4 vx is not able to find a 'vaccum pump'. He has checked out all the authorized TATA service centers in AP/Telangana but none of them have any clue of it. They are asking for the part number or the picture of the vaccum pump.

Can anybody help with the part number or place where it can be sourced.

Sorry, couldn't find the 3.0 L technical thread hence posted here. Please help !
What vaccum pump is he looking for? To be precise, what does not work? The brakes? In that case it lies right behind the right front wheel.
Old 12th March 2015, 20:19   #5856
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Need help on following matter. My beast has competed 6 years (~36k kms) and took her to U Motors (new TASS), Wagholi for routine servicing. I had asked them to do the FR hub greasing as an additional item.

1)They realized it is a 4x4 and they don't have necessary tools to grease the front hubs (didn't tell me before accepting the car).

2) They noticed engine oil sump gasket leak, but, went ahead and changed engine oil and filter!!

3) Power steering hose (both inlet and outlet) has some minor leaks.

4) Recommended to change the suspension bush and some steering components as they have worn out/hardened.

They didn't have parts for 2-4 hence, I am left with no option, but to take it to Concorde now. I have a trip coming up shortly. My questions:

a) How much cost/time it takes for 2 and 3. Can I reuse the engine oil after gasket replacement (already paid some ~3k for this) as it has done only about 50 kms so far after the oil change?

b) Same (cost/time) for item#4.

c) Can I defer these and attend after I complete the trip (~700kms up and down)- is it advisable?

tia,
-BJ
Old 12th March 2015, 22:19   #5857
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

I have a trip coming up shortly.

My questions:

a) How much cost/time it takes for 2 and 3. Can I reuse the engine oil after gasket replacement (already paid some ~3k for this) as it has done only about 50 kms so far after the oil change?

b) Same (cost/time) for item#4.

c) Can I defer these and attend after I complete the trip (~700kms up and down)- is it advisable?
A competent garage should (Points 2 & 4) do all these in half a day IMO.

You can reuse the oil provided you collect it in a clean container.

Get the bushes changed for peace of mind.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 12:41   #5858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Don't reuse metal shavings can block the filter and it can be catastrophic,
3K is very less compared to the consequences.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 19:17   #5859
Senior - BHPian

People can anyone guide me how to block the outside smell from getting inside when set to internal air circulation tube
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:06   #5860
BHPian

Now I have a new problem and that is with the clutch paddle of my one year and 10 month old beast. The shocking battery problem was barely fading from memory when I found the clutch paddle is not fully coming up once released after shifting gears. It comes up barely 3/4th of its original return trajectory. I suspect a malfunctioning spring attached to the paddle but not sure.

There is no problem in pick-up or anything that we associate with a normally functioning paddle.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Last edited by BeingCynical : 23rd March 2015 at 09:11.
Old 23rd March 2015, 12:54   #5861
Senior - BHPian

Is there any definite reason that the "service" sign lights up on the dash? A search here says either due to glow plug contact issue or with ignition switch.

Has anyone faced any other type of issue or is this a error that can mean multiple things?

This light up when few seconds after the vehicle is started and then goes on and off intermittently.

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-img20150323wa001.jpg
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:00   #5862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
People can anyone guide me how to block the outside smell from getting inside when set to internal air circulation tube
Hope this helps: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3606811
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:14   #5863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Now I have a new problem and that is with the clutch paddle of my one year and 10 month old beast. The shocking battery problem was barely fading from memory when I found the clutch paddle is not fully coming up once released after shifting gears. It comes up barely 3/4th of its original return trajectory. I suspect a malfunctioning spring attached to the paddle but not sure.

There is no problem in pick-up or anything that we associate with a normally functioning paddle.

Could be a faulty Clutch and get it replaced at the TASS at the earliest as it should be covered under warranty.
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:25   #5864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post

Faulty master/slave cylinder
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:33   #5865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Is there any definite reason that the "service" sign lights up on the dash? A search here says either due to glow plug contact issue or with ignition switch.
It can be due to any reason. Unless you connect an OBD scanner to read the error code you won't know. For example, I was getting MAF sensor code intermittently. After some time, as the sensor completely failed, the light came on permanently.
After replacing the MAF sensor its all fine.
So connect an OBD scanner and read the error code.
Just like you always have a spanner and jack in your vehicle, for Tata vehicles an OBD scanner is a must have accessory!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks