Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 12:25   #511
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Charthom buddy. Earlier in the Matiz days i use to check the tyre pressure myself and very regularly.
Infact i was gifted 2 tire pressure monitoring devices by the same friend, when he visited the US.
Let me fish them out and maybe post a snap or two.
After that, promise to use it again too. LOL!
mdsaab-please post the snaps. But I suggest for Chicca/SIS you have it monitored professionally.

In my Santro days I had purchased a 12 V compressor from the USA too and used it to check the pressure myself for a while. It is handy-but I got bored.

Mine too must be still lying around. Anyway I am not going to fill myself-and she is on N2.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:12   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Ok tyre pressure devices found.
here are the pics.
as mentioned earlier a friend of mine from the US brought them for me as a gift.
The silver one is of way better build quality. and comes with a solid case as well.
The black one is made of plastic. and is the gimmicky one of the two. It even speaks out your pressure, being the talking type.

I use to use them earlier on my Matiz. they are quite accurate with the silver finish one being more precise if i can remember correctly.

take a look for yourself.
pics are of front, back and nozzle of respected gauges.
the last picture is of the solid silver case of the silver unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400213.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400214.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400215.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400218.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400219.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400222.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400228.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-img2011080400229.jpg  

mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 18:26   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Ok tyre pressure devices found.
here are the pics.
@mdsaab-

Nice handy ones,thanks for posting. You have nice, loving friends, I can see

Only problem I found while checking myself was, sometimes I misfitted the instrument and some air bled out. It resulted in the tyre suffering from under inflation. I had to venture out to get it filled otherwise I remained anxious.

BTW,I just spoke to Pete's about the air checkers. They will provide you real time displays of the tyre pressure and the indicator will change colour if the pressure drops. Will check out and post the findings.

vb-san-thanks for bringing this product to notice.

Last edited by charthom : 4th August 2011 at 18:27.
Old 4th August 2011, 18:44   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@mdsaab-

Nice handy ones,thanks for posting. You have nice, loving friends, I can see

Only problem I found while checking myself was, sometimes I misfitted the instrument and some air bled out. It resulted in the tyre suffering from under inflation. I had to venture out to get it filled otherwise I remained anxious.
Thanks, yes great friends indeed.
Yes that has happened to me too. air has bled out many a time. It's all a matter of getting used to the gauge. Then eventually it ceases to occur.
Old 4th August 2011, 20:08   #515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
BTW,I just spoke to Pete's about the air checkers. They will provide you real time displays of the tyre pressure and the indicator will change colour if the pressure drops. Will check out and post the findings.

vb-san-thanks for bringing this product to notice.
Not a problem Charthom!

Last time when I was in Kerala, I wanted to go and check it out in Cochin, but couldn't make a trip there. It did look like a handy attachment.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th August 2011 at 20:08. Reason: spelling
Old 5th August 2011, 08:55   #516
BHPian

OK, I got a chance to wash the wheels since it had picked up a lot of dirt and sticky grit (black spots) from the recent rains and 3 months running. I sprayed the formula 1 wheel cleaner (sort of gel) and let it be there for a couple of minutes then washed it off with mild car shampoo and a wheel brush (5 minute job for 4 wheels!), . The results are:

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wheel1.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wheel2.jpg

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-wheel3.jpg
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 09:04   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
OK, I got a chance to wash the wheels since it had picked up a lot of dirt and sticky grit (black spots) from the recent rains and 3 months running. I sprayed the formula 1 wheel cleaner (sort of gel) and let it be there for a couple of minutes then washed it off with mild car shampoo and a wheel brush (5 minute job for 4 wheels!), . The results are:
Hey sudeepg, great job,man. Looks excellent. Very clean and spotless.

Thanks for the snaps-looks like yop cleaned only 3 wheels

Sudeep,really-thank you very much for taking the pains in the midst of your present tight schedule and bringing out these photos for the benefit of the fellow enthusiasts. Much appreciated.

Last edited by charthom : 5th August 2011 at 09:07.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:39   #518
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sudeep.
The results are..... Spectacular.
I have been wanting to get a hold of the Formula 1 tyre cleaner.
The last time at the supermarket it was not available.
they only had BullsOne which is a Korean brand and so was not too sure of it.
I picked up the natural air freshner from BullsOne and have been happy with it so far.
But still would prefer Formula 1 over this brand.
Old 5th August 2011, 12:48   #519
Senior - BHPian

Hi Charthom,
Nothing serious - but just popped in to say hello and also to rather belatedly congratulate you on the acquisiton.

The grey colour looks marvellous on the City ! And must say that your thread is very informative and a great read indeed, besides having the Directors (of this thread), like mdsaab, come up with nifty devices like the tyre pressure gauges.

Infact after seeing the shot of the rear view camera - feel that I should be picking up one too. But too much of a hassle on the wiring etc so I know I won't on the Admiral. But then who knows !

Incidentally (and sorry of I have missed the fact, if already mentioned) what have you named your BoFW (Baby on Four Wheels) ?

Will be keeping a lookout on this thread - for neat devices and ideas.

May you and the family have many, many delightful miles of experience in the HC.

God Bless and Good Luck.
Old 5th August 2011, 15:20   #520
BHPian

Congrats! This is a great buy. Your review and experiences are excellent and helpful to the prospective buyers.
Old 6th August 2011, 08:42   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sudeep.
The results are..... Spectacular.
I have been wanting to get a hold of the Formula 1 tyre cleaner.
The last time at the supermarket it was not available.
they only had BullsOne which is a Korean brand and so was not too sure of it.
I picked up the natural air freshner from BullsOne and have been happy with it so far.
But still would prefer Formula 1 over this brand.
Thank you, Sir. I trust formula 1 products. The only thing we need to be careful while going in for an unknown brand is that it shouldn't cause a side effect, for instance the paint shouldn't get dull after applying. The instructions on the formula 1 wheel cleaner said to keep it only for 15 seconds and wash it off. So I assume it is also a bit strong.

For air freshner, I prefer the Sheldan Aqua. It's very mild, works well and lasts long.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:12   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg

Thank you, Sir. I trust formula 1 products. The only thing we need to be careful while going in for an unknown brand is that it shouldn't cause a side effect, for instance the paint shouldn't get dull after applying. The instructions on the formula 1 wheel cleaner said to keep it only for 15 seconds and wash it off. So I assume it is also a bit strong.

For air freshner, I prefer the Sheldan Aqua. It's very mild, works well and lasts long.
15 seconds only. Wow!
Please have a look at my ANHC hooked & booked thread. I have posted photos of the bullsone air freshner there. Its pretty good. And what i like about it most is that its natural.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:13   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Thank you, Sir. I trust formula 1 products. .
Formula one products are very good and I also use them. Only problem is that there is huge fake market of formula one products. One has to be very careful while purchasing these products.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:19   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Formula one products are very good and I also use them. Only problem is that there is huge fake market of formula one products. One has to be very careful while purchasing these products.
I completely agree with you on that, Bluevolt. One should always try to purchase their products from a trusted source. Thanks for bringing out that point.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:48   #525
BHPian

For all city lovers, I just happened to read through GTO's post on car sales figures. The city is back in the game after price correction. So pleased to see this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-figures.html
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks