Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:26   #496
Senior - BHPian

Charthom buddy.
Wow! Detailed comparison on the mats there.
The beige hides the dust much better.
Or can i say. Is more neatly soiled. LOL.
Was having a discussion with another friend of mine.
His red i20 if not washed looks really dirty.
Chicca being silver hid the loads of dust rather well, this happened when the car cleaner was sick.
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:07   #497
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I got the beige ones because they made the civic feel roomier. Also, I think from a pure aesthetics perspective, the beige mats look better in the civic cabin than the black ones.
@hajaar, thanks for stopping by.Agree fully with you. I had recommended beige 3D mats to mdsaab and dot after seeing them on your thread. They looked very big and fabulous on your Civic.Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Charthom buddy.
Wow! Detailed comparison on the mats there.
The beige hides the dust much better.
Or can i say. Is more neatly soiled. LOL.
Was having a discussion with another friend of mine.
His red i20 if not washed looks really dirty.
Chicca being silver hid the loads of dust rather well, this happened when the car cleaner was sick.
Thanks mdsaab-

Silver hides dirt and especially scratches with remarkable ability.Bold beige should be good too. Urban Titanium also is quite good at this.-black is the worst.My i10 is a pain in the neck.

Just look at your black pants/jeans or tie. After 2 days they will look dirty if you happen to be slogging in them-but the browns or khakis,your nose will judge them before the eyes.

Beige- not only is it aesthetically acceptable but practical and functional too.

BTW-have you seen the snaps of door handle jobs I had posted on SIS's thread? You may have to do a careful, outside job it seems. The door claddings have to be dismounted.

And is N2 in or still on hawa?

Last edited by charthom : 3rd August 2011 at 21:25.
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:57   #498
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
BTW,I had suggested Aura alloys to wingsoffires for his ANHC.
Charthom, Buddy Yes I am on the lookout for new alloys for my ANHC. The problem is that for now and for some reason which I would explain in detail to you all later I do not want to upgrade the tyre size for now and would stick with the stock 175/65 R15 Michelin XM1's that came along with the car.

Now the tricky part is that most aftermarket alloys come only in 6.5j width. Very few of the designs are available in 15 X 5.5J or 15X6J width. From all the research I have carried out over some time I have come to the conclusion that these present tyres i.e 175/65 R15 would only support upto a maximum of 6J wheel in width. If I choose to install a 6.5J wheel it would mean I have to upgrade the tyres size to a minimum of 185 or the 195 that most people get for ANHC.

Also that Aura is definitely an excellent choice for an aftermarket alloy but from what I read about it a couple of years ago, the company Hindalco which manufactured Aura Alloys had shut down the plant a couple of years ago.
Here is the link -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ra-alloys.html

Charthom / Others - Can you suggest or are you aware of a decent design in 15X6J max size for the ANHC.

Here I am attaching the table for the Tyre Width Rim Width ideal size match.
Might be of use to members here.

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-equivalency-table.jpg
wingsoffires is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:10   #499
BHPian

^^ If you liked my OEM Dual Tone "V" alloys then why don't you go for it? -The plus point is you will stay in warranty with it.
As I said earlier they are priced around 30K for 4 in Pune; but I agree even 30K is quite expensive. You can get other aftermarket alloys 2 sets of 4 in 30K.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 3rd August 2011 at 22:12.
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:43   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
^^ If you liked my OEM Dual Tone "V" alloys then why don't you go for it? -The plus point is you will stay in warranty with it.
As I said earlier they are priced around 30K for 4 in Pune; but I agree even 30K is quite expensive. You can get other aftermarket alloys 2 sets of 4 in 30K.
Yes I really love the design on your car. As you said it, Its just way too expensive. Last year I was able get a set of 5 Neowheels Alloys for my Ritz in 14X6 Size for just 11k and also bought another set of 4 Neowheels for my friends Dezire for 12k. The Taiwan / Chinese makes are coming even cheaper in the range of 10k for a set of 4.
I had specifically bought Neo's as I was hysterical about getting a good trusted brand which provided some structural warranty.

The max I would like to spend now for my ANHC is 15 or 20k.

Last edited by wingsoffires : 3rd August 2011 at 22:58. Reason: Correct Verbiage
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:55   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@hajaar, thanks for stopping by.Agree fully with you. I had recommended beige 3D mats to mdsaab and dot after seeing them on your thread. They looked very big and fabulous on your Civic.Congrats.

Thanks mdsaab-

Silver hides dirt and especially scratches with remarkable ability.Bold beige should be good too. Urban Titanium also is quite good at this.-black is the worst.My i10 is a pain in the neck.

Just look at your black pants/jeans or tie. After 2 days they will look dirty if you happen to be slogging in them-but the browns or khakis,your nose will judge them before the eyes.

Beige- not only is it aesthetically acceptable but practical and functional too.

BTW-have you seen the snaps of door handle jobs I had posted on SIS's thread? You may have to do a careful, outside job it seems. The door claddings have to be dismounted.

And is N2 in or still on hawa?
Absolutely agree with you on beige being a good colour to hide the dirt and dust.
Yes i saw the pics. thank you for taking the time out to post the details. i am very nervous about the dismounting part. i do not want any unwanted rattles appearing due to this. that's why i wish Honda would do it for me.

Stil on hawa.
I had this thought what if you are on the highway and then need to fill up pressure due to any reason. N2 may not be available. and then what will you do? either change to spare. or remove N2 and fill up air.
So what should i do? should i fill up N2 or stay on hawa?
Dilemma indeed.
I do not plan to do many road trips in the golden beauty.
but usually we never plan such things. It's just at the spur of the moment. no packing, nothing, just fill up the tank and leave.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:10   #502
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@I had recommended beige 3D mats to mdsaab and dot after seeing them on your thread. They looked very big and fabulous on your Civic.Congrats.
Thanks for remembering me on the mat account. Needless to say they do look good and are pretty useful too! Your comparo was excellent. I think I need to check out the mats seriously now!
Old 4th August 2011, 08:25   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Nilesh,
Yes mats get very dirty-in bad weather.Beauty is always skin deep and depends on many factors sigh!!
Can't agree here. Old stains don't remain on the beige ones more than black.Both will fade and may look patchy with age.

Nilesh-this is true for any colour. We can't really opt for mat colours based on durability-only looks and practicality in use. Look wise both are same-they cater to different tastes. Convenience wise-well the beige may have a slight advantage-unless the soil too is black

Anyway these mats are new products-we don't know them enough-beige or black. Prolonged use will only prove their durability and practicality.
Though I agree with you for the most part (both mats stain similarly), I am not totally convinced . Maybe it's just my mental block that makes me believe that generally permanent stains are darker in colour and they hide well in the black.

Don't get me wrong. Deep down, I do love beige mats over the black. As you said it cheers up and brightens the interiors. In fact, I am going to get beige seat covers for my car anyway!

So when I actually went to purchase the mats, the mind won over the heart!

By the way, thanks for taking the effort of comparing the beige and black mats. You have changed my perception of beige mats too. Now I am not so scared of them!

Last edited by nileshch : 4th August 2011 at 08:38.
Old 4th August 2011, 09:49   #504
BHPian

Quote:
I had this thought what if you are on the highway and then need to fill up pressure due to any reason. N2 may not be available. and then what will you do? either change to spare. or remove N2 and fill up air.
So what should i do? should i fill up N2 or stay on hawa?
Dilemma indeed.
mdsaab, don't worry too much about topping up N2. In the south atleast, I have found many spots that offer N2 (Kerala, TN, Karnataka). I can't say for the rest of India though. However, if at all you need to top up air

a. Remove N2 & refill
b. If possible, always check and top up before leaving.
c. I was told we can mix normal air with N2 and run.

Honestly, I haven't tested it though and I am thinking if that should be alright or not. The tyre guys will give all sorts of advice, which I take with a pinch of salt.

Or follow charthom's procedure of religiously checking the pressure every month. That way you can find out how long the pressure lasts. I took his advice and now the guy that does the top up for me does not charge me for checking. If all tyres need topup, he charges a nominal 10 bucks. I tip the guy filling the air and he takes very good care of my car. this way you can pack and leave 99% of the time unless you really have a problem. Unlikely since most tyres are tubeless thesedays.

I checked tyre pressure yesterday and it had dropped 1 PSI (after 3 months). It was steady the last 3 months!

@charthom

Buddy, I haven't forgotten about the formula 1 tyre cleaning report. The society decided to get the overhead and sump cleaned last weekend. So I could not wash my car. I have also been stuck up with some critical customer issue at work and therefore not on this thread much. I'll try and post it this week if possible. Apologies for the delay
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 10:29   #505
Senior - BHPian

anybody else with their view on N2 and air being mixed.
Dot should be the right person for this Q.
also is it alright to have three tyres on N2 and one on air.
I almost always check the tyre pressure at the pump after a fill.
which is once a week atleast.
But now have come to realize that the pump guys air machine is not accurate at all. and it tends to over fill.
So now i only head to reputed tyre shops to fill up the air in my tyres.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:58   #506
BHPian

Quote:
anybody else with their view on N2 and air being mixed.
No Problem, if needed in emergency just top-up N2 with Normal air, no problem at all.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 11:26   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Very sensible decision. It is a style statement too!!
I just came across this link while browsing around:

MapmyIndia Navigator In Dash Car Navi box

Looks like MapMyIndia sells InDash systems too - that go well with the dashboard of specific cars and support steering controls.
They have pretty much all the features that a Caska has and are almost as expensive as Caska - 45K.
alam86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 11:55   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86

I just came across this link while browsing around:

MapmyIndia Navigator In Dash Car Navi box

Looks like MapMyIndia sells InDash systems too - that go well with the dashboard of specific cars and support steering controls.
They have pretty much all the features that a Caska has and are almost as expensive as Caska - 45K.
Yes i had read about this too.
And they also have kits for your existing touch screen HU.
The kits too are expensive. And last when i spoke to a representative from MMI the map upgrades for these are on the higher side too.
According to what he said.
Normal PND map upgrade is 1k
Where as for these touch screen HU it is 2k.
Things may have changed now though.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:07   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
would stick with the stock 175/65 R15 Michelin XM1's that came along with the car.
As Remi rightly suggested go for his alloys-why, fabulous ones,mate!!

Quote:
the company Hindalco which manufactured Aura Alloys had shut down the plant a couple of years ago.
Shocked to learn that Aura is out of production-they have been very good.

Quote:
Charthom / Others - Can you suggest or are you aware of a decent design in 15X6J max size for the ANHC.
I am sure our spirited buddies will come back with proper suggestions.

Thanks for the pains in bringing out Hindalco's closure and the table of tyre rim widths,wingsoffires- much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post

The max I would like to spend now for my ANHC is 15 or 20k.
Don't stick to a rigorous budget-throw a few extra bucks for the lovely and make her feel elevated-and she will pamper you back.

On a serious tone-if you have budgetary constraints-don't do anything now,nothing to prove to anyone anyway- wait for better winds-a sailor's advice!!Don't settle down for mediocre stuff,ever.

Quote:
Absolutely agree with you on beige being a good colour to hide the dirt and dust.
Gee-thanks,mate.I am happy about the overwhelming response to the mats comparo.
Quote:
i am very nervous about the dismounting part. i do not want any unwanted rattles appearing due to this. that's why i wish Honda would do it for me.
Unfortunately,fully agree with you. What a dilemma. Again knock at Honda's doors. Threaten,plead-ask them why not? Don't have the material? Offer to supply-PU leather is sufficient. They are covering it with the leather and sticking with a strong glue anyway.

Quote:
but usually we never plan such things. It's just at the spur of the moment. no packing, nothing, just fill up the tank and leave.

Which makes you an adventurer!! Which adventurer is afraid of the rare mishap of a punctured tyre!! Of course in an emergency you may mix N2 and air-but you will have to empty and refill that tyre in the first available opportunity. If what people claim is correct,the tyres remain cooler on N2 and less chance of bursting.

Be a sensible adventurer-keep your weapons sharp-by checking the pressure regularly. Now-a-days plenty N2 filling stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Thanks for remembering me on the mat account. Needless to say they do look good and are pretty useful too! Your comparo was excellent. I think I need to check out the mats seriously now!
Hi dot-will always remember you on mat or demat account My request for snaps of black mats from Nilesh was specifically for you.
Thanks for liking the comparo. Glad that you too are considering the beige 3D ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Maybe it's just my mental block that makes me believe that generally permanent stains are darker in colour and they hide well in the black.
So when I actually went to purchase the mats, the mind won over the heart!
You said it!.Let us overcome our colonial mentality- black is for hard work,beige is for taking pampers.

[quote]By the way, thanks for taking the effort of comparing the beige and black mats. You have changed my perception of beige mats too. Now I am not so scared of them![quote]

Thanks, friend. Glad to be worthy of the expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I can't say for the rest of India though.
Now-a-days N2 is common place everywhere I believe.

Quote:
However, if at all you need to top up air
a. Remove N2 & refill
b. If possible, always check and top up before leaving.
c. I was told we can mix normal air with N2 and run.
Very correctly advised.

Quote:
Or follow charthom's procedure of religiously checking the pressure every month. That way you can find out how long the pressure lasts. I took his advice and now the guy that does the top up for me does not charge me for checking.
Great to learn.

Quote:
I checked tyre pressure yesterday and it had dropped 1 PSI (after 3 months). It was steady the last 3 months!
Fabulous.

Quote:
@charthom

Buddy, I haven't forgotten about the formula 1 tyre cleaning report. I have also been stuck up with some critical customer issue at work and therefore not on this thread much. I'll try and post it this week if possible. Apologies for the delay
Thanks for remembering. I know-you will not forget sudeepg. Hope that all your critical issues are solved in the earliest and the Sun is brighter than ever so that you can try out all those fabulous cosmetic solutions on the beauty.

BTW,the stunning Avatar- as RS pointed out on mdsaab's thread,bluevolt will trot home as fast as possible for another shoot out of Venus,now.

Quote:
Dot should be the right person for this Q.
Not a bit of doubt.

Quote:
also is it alright to have three tyres on N2 and one on air.
Generally no. But in an emergency,for a very short while,ok.

Quote:
I almost always check the tyre pressure at the pump after a fill.
which is once a week atleast.
But now have come to realize that the pump guys air machine is not accurate at all. and it tends to over fill.
They have auto shut off valves these days!! They set the pressure and the relief valve lifts at say 32 etc.Very less chance of inaccuracy.

Quote:
So now i only head to reputed tyre shops to fill up the air in my tyres.
Anyway,you are taking the pains-suffer a bit more on behalf of N2.Always go to the same trusted shop-air or N2.

All the best mdsaab- the golden beauty adorned with ducktail and other desirable accessories like a bride,wearing N2 shoes and waddling at 1500 rpms returning great mileage- a heavenly romantic scene. Plans any chunari(sunvisor?) for her? SIS? You should name her Bonita-if following Spanish tradition of naming. LOL.

Edit:
Quote:
@alarm86- This one looks fabulous-it has all features of Caska.The price may be negotiable too. Do seriously check it out-before opting for Caska. Thanks for sharing the info,alarm86.

Last edited by charthom : 4th August 2011 at 12:16.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 12:11   #510
Senior - BHPian

Charthom buddy. Earlier in the Matiz days i use to check the tyre pressure myself and very regularly.
Infact i was gifted 2 tire pressure monitoring devices by the same friend, when he visited the US.
Let me fish them out and maybe post a snap or two.
After that, promise to use it again too. LOL!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks