Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 18:45   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
completed 4K kms last night. No New Niggles, and the car is smoothening out even further. am loving it!
Hi, Is there a Vista Owners or Tata Car Owners Group on TeamBHP? I would love to join. My Vista is round the corner this weekend. A Spice RED VX.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
After a lot of dilly-dallying, i had to go in for the seat covers - reason, 18 month old toddler, in 1 weeklong trip and the fabric was in BAD shape, and even though i know internal cleaning can be done, i thought it is much easier to wipe off from art leather.

Got Luster material seats from Imperial Leathers.

Attached are some pics.

Bottomline - good fit and finish except 'one' area where he said the seat will settle in a few days. I would have preferred black color finish to the steering wheel, maybe its a matter of getting used to.

@ Bigvishnu, the fit and finish of the seat covers look very nice, job well done!
Old 29th November 2011, 12:21   #93
BHPian

@bigvishnu, seats and steering are really looking good. Nice color combination! My favourite for the steering is plain beige and a perforated dark.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 18:10   #94
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Seat covers are perfect fitment. Car looks fine.

How is the gear shift. Is it smooth or do you feel any roughness?

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Old 30th November 2011, 10:55   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Oh, In my case, they didn't remove the seats from my car.
I actually got them fitted at a factory which makes and sells to TATA Accessories their OEM branded ones. Hence took my vehicle to their factory for fittment.

They already have pre stitched covers, which are fixed directly on to the seats without removing them. PFA the pics.

Attachment 848890
Attachment 848891

It really pinched my heart when they were peircing through the seats.

Attachment 848892
Attachment 848893
Attachment 848894

Pardon me for poor quality of the pics. Took them from my 2 MP camera in Mobile.
Hi Maverick! even the Imperial guys had pre-stitched covers, so i am not sure what is the pros and cons of actually removing all the seats and fitting the covers. will probably need to keep both cars side by side and compare, unless someone else can throw some light!

i agree with you, it pinches your heart when u see someone pierce needles through those lovely seats.
Old 30th November 2011, 14:08   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hi, Is there a Vista Owners or Tata Car Owners Group on TeamBHP? I would love to join. My Vista is round the corner this weekend. A Spice RED VX.

Hi Gauravdgr, i am not aware of any specific group, but there are a bunch of vista threads that are pretty active. Congrats on the new car, its a lot of fun! I saw a spice red car on the road last week, and it sure looks a stunner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Bigvishnu, the fit and finish of the seat covers look very nice, job well done!
Thanks Maverick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
@bigvishnu, seats and steering are really looking good. Nice color combination! My favourite for the steering is plain beige and a perforated dark.

Arun, in my opinion, perforated black are the best Dont ask me why i got sold with the idea of beige in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Seat covers are perfect fitment. Car looks fine.

How is the gear shift. Is it smooth or do you feel any roughness?

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Hi RGK, the gear shift is smooth, and getting better. Engaging reverse sometimes gets a bit rough, which i hope will smoothen out.
Old 1st December 2011, 13:20   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
The only discomfort I face is the A pillar blocking my view at times and a few friends of mine who drove the car felt the same. Any comments on this?
yes...thats a "feature" of the car

the thick A-Pillar blocks my view during turns, so I usually end up leaning sideways (either towards the window or the passenger seat) to have a proper look at the road ahead.
Old 26th December 2011, 10:37   #98
BHPian

Hi guys... Am back after a long time. At the concorde motors service station. brought the car for the second service. Some interesting observations including the mystery of Mic quality solved... Typing from my phone now... Can't wait to get in front of my PC.. More later folks....
Old 28th December 2011, 00:01   #99
BHPian

Okay... now that everyone at home is asleep and am awake, i can finally type a bit! so here i am at TBHP!

I took the stallion for the 5K Kms service (2nd free service) to Concorde at Dairy Circle (Bangalore). Mr Appanna DU was the Service Adviser.

Below were the list of items to be taken up with them.
  1. Calls using the bluetooth were not properly audible to the other side. This is something i was struggling with for a while.
  2. Clutch was a bit hard
  3. Headlight high beam was actually lower than the low beam
  4. Noise from suspension while crossing humps / or turning extremely

I went in at 9:30 am and was out at 3 PM as a delighted tata customer. for all that we hear and read about poor tata A$$, i feel things are on a positive spiral inside the closed doors of the tata workshops. PDI QA is still an issue, and here is why i say it.

The first problem i was reporting was the microphone quality. To our combined horror, the microphone was missing from where it is supposed to be (right behind the central rear view mirror, stuck to the windshield). on further investigation, we found it actually hiding between the upper metal roof and the lower passenger cabin roof. That was the reason why all sounds were muffled, resulting in lower sound reception. Mr Bopanna (floor in-charge, and an amazing guy at that! ) fixed it in no time. But my question is, Why was it left to someone on the service floor to do, should it not have been done in the factory????

The headlight issue again, was something that was fixed in 2 minutes, but should have been set straight right on the factory floor.

Both the above highlight the fact that i could have suffered a bit less for almost 5K kms if the guy doing the PDI was doing his job right

Clutch and suspension noise etc was fixed with minor lubrication and the car is back to its gliding, smooth self.

Through the entire service, Mr Appanna DU's customer orientation was exemplary.

Some pics for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-20111226_152210.jpg  

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-headlight-setup.jpg  

Tata Vista VX – Our new White Stallion!-mic-setup.jpg  

Old 16th February 2012, 18:17   #100
BHPian

Hey Bigvishnu. How is your car doing now. How many kms have you covered and what kind of mielage are you getting.

Just curious as my vista has completed 2 months with more than 5k on the odo and behaving very nice.
Old 17th February 2012, 11:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Bigvishnu. How is your car doing now. How many kms have you covered and what kind of mielage are you getting.

Just curious as my vista has completed 2 months with more than 5k on the odo and behaving very nice.
Congrats, it looks like you are clocking quite a few miles already.

@vishnu, are you aware how we can ourself adjust the beam throw?
Old 19th February 2012, 13:22   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats, it looks like you are clocking quite a few miles already.
Out of the current 5300 on the odo, 3800 has been highway drives. The car is so inviting, that it makes you hit the highway for some reason.

I too feel like upgrading the bulbs from the current 55/60 to 90/100, however have been advised not to do so. That's because when we use the Upper, all 4 bulbs are working and that would cause blackening of the bulb area or fuse the bulbs.

Now the question is should I go with a relay setup to upgrade as the SE mentioned it would void the warranty. If not how do we manually change the throw of the beam so as to go a longer vision of light.
Old 20th February 2012, 08:16   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Out of the current 5300 on the odo, 3800 has been highway drives. The car is so inviting, that it makes you hit the highway for some reason.

I too feel like upgrading the bulbs from the current 55/60 to 90/100, however have been advised not to do so. That's because when we use the Upper, all 4 bulbs are working and that would cause blackening of the bulb area or fuse the bulbs.

Now the question is should I go with a relay setup to upgrade as the SE mentioned it would void the warranty. If not how do we manually change the throw of the beam so as to go a longer vision of light.
Well you have 3 options

1. If both your bulbs are h7 types then get a h7-h7 relay kit along with cermaic holders(Which i have not been able to source) and fix 4 100W bulb. This will work fine as long as you are not driving in high beam in city traffic, i had 100/130 in my zen for 6 months and no blackening.

2. Buy two 80W Philips H7 bulb and affix them to the high beam and adjust the throw to be some 20-25m from the car, this should be fine for highway driving.

3. Third option which I am persnally going for is Projector HID on the low beam + H7 80W on the high beam. I found a good deal at K&T Auto Parts
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:22   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Well you have 3 options

1. If both your bulbs are h7 types then get a h7-h7 relay kit along with cermaic holders(Which i have not been able to source) and fix 4 100W bulb. This will work fine as long as you are not driving in high beam in city traffic, i had 100/130 in my zen for 6 months and no blackening.

2. Buy two 80W Philips H7 bulb and affix them to the high beam and adjust the throw to be some 20-25m from the car, this should be fine for highway driving.

3. Third option which I am persnally going for is Projector HID on the low beam + H7 80W on the high beam. I found a good deal at K&T Auto Parts
Thanks. Option 1 is not possible as I too tried looking for ceramic holders without any success.

How much is option 3 costing you? Are you getting them from the website or someplace in Bangalore.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Option 1 is not possible as I too tried looking for ceramic holders without any success.

How much is option 3 costing you? Are you getting them from the website or someplace in Bangalore.
Option 3 apprx costing is 7k for the projectors plus add another 2k for removing the HL and fixing the same. There is a thread of a Linea getting this mood done which was a DIY and the light spread is just too good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks