Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 08:44   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

After the painting, is this going in to the oven? If yes, what sort of an impact is it going to have on the tyres and other mechanical parts of the car?
Old 28th February 2013, 12:00   #122
BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
The preps are looking great.
How does one put the side skirts back?Stick them with double sided tape or screw them?
The company settings have it screwed which is removed at the time of painting and the same is later screwed back after the painting is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
After the painting, is this going in to the oven? If yes, what sort of an impact is it going to have on the tyres and other mechanical parts of the car?
When the car is sent to the oven the engine room is stripped and covered, the tires dont go with it. It will not have any impact on the plastic parts if properly taken care of. Kindly note that the booth temperature will be lesser than the temperature when the car is fully revved moreover the engine is designed in a way to handle the heat. So there will not be an impact of the paint booth temperature

Last edited by Nimish anthony : 28th February 2013 at 12:06.
Nimish anthony is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 12:14   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
The preps are looking great.
How does one put the side skirts back?Stick them with double sided tape or screw them?
The S10 skirts have clips built in, and will hold on to the car. IIRC, there are 2 screws too, i am having trouble recollecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

It is slow baking in the booth, not frying temperatures, so there wont be any damage to the car per se.

In any case, all the rubbers and tires etc are being changed!
JayD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 12:28   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
...In any case, all the rubbers and tires etc are being changed!
I think the rubber is usually a long piece & NOT manufacturer / model dependent right? Do all the cars use the same spec rubber beading?

Could you tell me how much will the approximate cost of this for your car? My car had been parked in the open space / heat and how some of the beading are in bad shape.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:32   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
The company settings have it screwed which is removed at the time of painting and the same is later screwed back after the painting is done
The GTX has a layer of thin double sided adhesive tape on the black stone guards / side skirts in addition to the clips & screws.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:58   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
The GTX has a layer of thin double sided adhesive tape on the black stone guards / side skirts in addition to the clips & screws.
The s10 also sports the same tapes and clips but the load goes on the screws which keeps them bonded together. The summary would be adhesive tapes, clips and then screws.
Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 21:01   #127
Senior - BHPian

Adding some 'Italian Seasoning'
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0247.jpg  

JayD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 05:41   #128
BHPian

Jaydev,

Is that your SS-80 getting repainted in one of the pics?

-- Jose
Old 1st March 2013, 11:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Jaydev,

Is that your SS-80 getting repainted in one of the pics?

-- Jose
Yepp! Thats mine too! Undergoing a full resto!
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 12:56   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yepp! Thats mine too! Undergoing a full resto!
Cool!!! I've always admired your SS 80. It's one of the most original cars I've ever seen except for the wheel caps. Many times I have spotted this car in Panampilly Nagar. Once I saw you driving around with a huge dog.

-- Jose
Old 1st March 2013, 13:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Cool!!! I've always admired your SS 80. It's one of the most original cars I've ever seen except for the wheel caps. Many times I have spotted this car in Panampilly Nagar. Once I saw you driving around with a huge dog.

-- Jose

Glad you like it. After im done with the resto, its going to be even better.
The wheelcaps were sorted out long ago, the black plastic ones were replaced with the original chrome ones!!

My dog loves travelling in the car, and u must have spotted me when i was taking him to the vet, at the end of panampilly nagar.

Some more updates, decided to go with the full on Italian theme for the roof and mirrors. Was initially planning on vinyl, but nothing ca match the quality of a well executed paint job.

The flag on the roof was a little tricky as we had to make sure the partitions for the different colours did not stick out like a sore thumb. It took quite a lot of effort from my painter to get it done, but the result is nothing short of phenomenal!!
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0214.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0213.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th March 2013 at 14:38. Reason: Back to back posts.
JayD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 14:35   #132
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see the S10 getting back the much required bling! Do post more about the little SS80 too

I thought you wanted to give it a OE look, was hoping to see a brand new S10 in canary yellow. The italian seasoning is really making it more special!

Nice work
Old 1st March 2013, 14:37   #133
BHPian

Thats a great job. The beginning of a new concept. Flagged roofs. Well done Jay
Old 1st March 2013, 17:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Happy to see the S10 getting back the much required bling! Do post more about the little SS80 too

I thought you wanted to give it a OE look, was hoping to see a brand new S10 in canary yellow. The italian seasoning is really making it more special!

Nice work
Will post about the ss80 too. It is a fully original factory deluxe model. Resto is in the final stages now.

I was planning on the OE look, but decided instead for the OEM+ look.

Am not doing any irreversible mods to the car, and am retaining all the special bits which made it a limited edition!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
Thats a great job. The beginning of a new concept. Flagged roofs. Well done Jay
Thanks Nimish! Yeah! Its quite a difference from the black roofs which most modded cars have!!

Anyways, here is one more teaser!! When the car is so special, the rims have to equally special right??

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-image2905003875.jpg
JayD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 19:53   #135
BHPian

Hey, jayd, I do remember reading somewhere ,you have installed and switch for changing the exhaust note?? Can you shed some light on that mod? What upgrades have you done to brakes?

I have seen this car in Facebook page of jgarage! Your seats are also looking nice from outside, couldn't get a closer view.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks