Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Lenses are fairly clean, but I need to aim the lights a bit lower.
Am going on a trip tomorrow so will try and post some pics from the trip. As for frontal shots I think I have posted a few already.
Old 4th January 2015, 06:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Rear brake pads replaced yesterday before starting on the Konkan trip and the effect is noticeable.

With four people on board the Accord pulls well in higher gears too. It took the ghats and the twists in the road in fourth gear. It's only on descents that I had to use third. Fantastic!
Old 4th January 2015, 08:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: My other car is an Accord! Pre-owned 2003 Honda Accord 2.3L MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Rear brake pads replaced yesterday before starting on the Konkan trip and the effect is noticeable.

With four people on board the Accord pulls well in higher gears too. It took the ghats and the twists in the road in fourth gear. It's only on descents that I had to use third. Fantastic!
Buddy its's always needed to bed in new brake pads/discs before undertaking long drives.By now the pads must have set in let's hope but first 200 300 kms should be used to bed in the new parts.
Old 3rd February 2015, 05:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

An update on the transfer of ownership:

With the agents being banned from RTOs, I had been expecting some delay in the commitment made by the dealer in getting NOC from Tardeo RTO. He had promised it would be done by end of Jan 15.

Sometime in Dec last year the dealer's contact called me up and requested me to visit an agent at Tardeo. He stressed that I needed to remember the car number by heart. Funny as it was, I decided to pay a visit.

I went to the agent's office and he made me sign on a form after scribbling down my address on it, and after his namaaz break we went to the RTO office. There we were to meet some officer by the surname Chavan. As we walked to the cabin the agent thrust the form in my hand and asked me to go inside.

I was shocked to see it was a form for duplicate RC claiming I had lost or misplaced the original. As I was at the cabin I entered inside and got the form signed anyway, wondering all the time if I should ask that officer why I was made to fill up the wrong form.

Once outside I quizzed the agent as well as the dealer's contact as to why there was a different form and not a transfer form. Both kept passing the buck to each other, and finally on the verbal assurance that I would get the original RC book duly transferred in my name I left.

Cut to last Saturday.

The dealer himself called me up. He immediately broached the subject of the transfer and said all work had been held up because agents were not being allowed. Then he claimed the agent had lost the original papers in the meanwhile, which is why I had been forced to submit an application for a duplicate RC and that since then he has got the original papers back from the agent.

Now this is the twist: The dealer offered to buy back my car at the same price he had sold it to me, saying he couldn't commit when the transfer would be done, and also suggested that I do not use the car till the transfer had been completed.

Right now, getting sleepless, I went to Carwale and by chance opened the same ad for the same car:

http://www.carwale.com/m/used/cars-i...-2007-S554095/

If you notice, the price has been increased to 4L, whereas I had paid just over half a lakh. The ad has been last updated on 26 Jan 15, almost two months after I collected the car by paying the full amount. There are a couple of other misrepresentations such as the seller claims to be an individual but is actually a dealer, and no service history is available for the car with either the seller or with Honda - the last I had checked.

I definitely smell a rat, but can't find it. I have the attested copies of the RC book and insurance with the insurance set to expire next month, and a delivery note made by the dealer.

Last edited by honeybee : 3rd February 2015 at 05:17.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 06:21   #50
Team-BHP Support

Definitely seems to be fishy. Looks like someone went up to them with a better offer, and since the transfer hasn't happened yet, the dealer has assured he would make the deal go through with the new buyer. I would advise that the car be kept secure.
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An update on the transfer of ownership:

I definitely smell a rat, but can't find it. I have the attested copies of the RC book and insurance with the insurance set to expire next month, and a delivery note made by the dealer.
Had you checked up with Honda with regards to the mileage done on the car ?If no then Do you have the last owner's name ? If yes then do this.
Call up the Honda dealer from where the car was purchased.Tell them you want to know when the last service was done on the car.They will ask you owner's name, vehicle no,engine no,chassis no etc.Give them old owner's name and the vehicle details and they will tell you the last service etc done.Note the mileage of the car and compare with what's on the ODO.If it matches then fine, hold on to the car, if it doesn't now will be a good chance to get rid off the same.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:01   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Definitely fishy. I wonder what will the dealer show the customer when one approaches him to inspect the car, as of course, it is with you. Also, had he got a better offer, then wonder why he needs to put up a new ad when he has a standing customer. In the ad, he is committing to make the transfer done. But why don't you have the original RC? Was it handed over to the agent for transfer? If you have the RC, I suggest you get the transfer done from another agent even if it means at your own cost. Will save you lots of headache. But of course you need to have the Form 29/30 signed by the previous owner before you proceed.

Honeybee, it might be a case where the dealer is trying to sell this car to multiple people and then finally make the transfer to one who offers the maximum amount. I think you need to take a firm stand and demand the original RC & form 29/30 and get the transfer done ASAP with or without an agent. It will be very tough for you to claim insurance if the need arises.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th February 2015 at 00:32. Reason: back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Ki Ok, the original RC was shown to me at the time of getting the car and the dealer kept it with him to pass it onto the agent for obtaining the NOC. He had told at the time it would take a few weeks, possibly end of Jan.

When I checked with Honda, the same evening I got the car, Honda service centre was unable to get any data using the VIN and engine number. So they told me the car hadn't been to any Honda service centre in the past three years, since they could only find data of last three years. So in effect the service history and mileage cannot be verified.

The dealer called me up last Saturday and admitted to the delays in the NOC, and has asked for a few more weeks' time as the agents issue has thrown a spanner in all RTO work.
I am thinking of visiting him this weekend and get the original papers in my possession and pursue the NOC myself.

PS:
I do have the attested copies and the signed delivery note, so I don't think the paperwork is out of order. But I may have a problem renewing the insurance.

Last edited by honeybee : 3rd February 2015 at 17:06.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 23:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ki Ok, the original RC was shown to me at the time of getting the car and the dealer kept it with him to pass it onto the agent for obtaining the NOC. He had told at the time it would take a few weeks, possibly end of Jan.
Why were not able to change the ownership yourself ? I think it was big mistake trusting the dealer/agent to do the paperwork .

Here in Bangalore, it will take just 300 Rs challan ( 4wheeler ) and few forms and 10 -15 minutes in line and the transfer is done. You will get a acknowledgment and RC will be delivered to you home address in 30 days. It is as that simple.
Old 11th February 2015, 00:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

We are not like Bangalore, which is good and bad. It's usually done by agents. Of late the new transport commissioner has banned agents from all the RTOs, so that has already thrown work out of gear, at least for people used to the old system.

I visited the dealer over the weekend and he said he has already initiated the FIR process. He has got his lawyer involved in the same and hopefully everything should be done by end of this month.

Meanwhile I got to hear a few details about the previous owner and it indeed turns out to be Parsi owned. Also the name is a renowned one in a professional circle so it cannot be simply called fishy.

Will wait till getting the NOC mess sorted out before going to the root of this mess.
Old 11th February 2015, 03:32   #56
BHPian

I feel really sad when someone has to face these transfer hassles. I have faced these in Kolkata and it eats away your time and peace of mind.
I wonder when India's vehicle registration/transfer system would become more streamlined. The existing setup is all about creating barriers. The officials collect information which is never analysed and the people who are keen on bypassing the entire bureaucratic mess always succeed in exploiting the system.
How and why should name transfer of a vehicle with a known (clean) history be held up by a motley list of procedures? All of it can be simplified using an online system that would use the UID to facilitate the transaction.
Old 11th February 2015, 11:17   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with you Nissan. And very right when you say it is more about creating barriers than streamlining the process. I am myself stuck in such a process since last 3 months due to this inefficient system. All this while, I have no idea if my insurance coverage is on or not despite having a valid policy which is in the previous owner's name. Unfortunately, the insurance renewal date is nearing and I have no idea how to renew it since the ownership has not changed on the RC!
Old 15th February 2015, 18:44   #58
BHPian

I got mine done from Tata AIG- they will accept the Xerox of the Form 29 and 30 for making the policy- although I think they might ask for the RC if a claim is registered.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 11:54   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I got mine done from Tata AIG- they will accept the Xerox of the Form 29 and 30 for making the policy- although I think they might ask for the RC if a claim is registered.
Thanks a ton. That is a useful piece of information. However, my problem is just not confined to change of name. There will also be a change of registration (being a law abiding citizen in a state where no body cares for it). Let me see what can be done. Best situation for me would be to get the name & registration change done before the existing policy expires. Only if wishes were horses...

Regards,
Saket
Old 10th September 2015, 15:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday while driving to office the brake pedal just went in all the way. Skipped a couple of heartbeats. Pumped the pedal and got some bite back. Thereafter drove sedately to the office.
Brake fluid levels were ok and no noise was heard from the wheels which probably means the pads too are ok. Gave the car to Hallmark in the morning and am awaiting the diagnosis now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks