Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 22:23   #91
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
No matter how much you use any car its preferable to take it to the service center every 6 months. Oil change in Ciaz also is only once in 10k km. for regular oil change it is 1k+, if you want to change into synthetic oil it is 3K+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
abhisheksircar, can you confirm from your last two service's invoice copy if it is Semi-Synthetic Oil or fully Synthetic Oil ?
You are right Visaster. Engine oil change is every 10K. Service is every 6 months although I prefer to change my oil with every service. No harm at this price This one was at 1000.

Oil price, it's either actually that cheap or they billed me wrong. I did call them up and they confirmed the same price although I can confirm again when I visit them soon. I am in for my 10K service in a weeks time or so.

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20150606_104938.jpg <br /> <a href=Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-screenshot_20151001132751.png   <div style=

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 1st October 2015 at 22:32.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 07:59   #92
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default AV system partially unresponsive

I read few owners complaining about lag or system not responding. I had faced this once in the initial days and I switched off the car and started it again and the system responded without any issues. Since it was a one off, I didn't pay much heed to it. Yesterday I faced it again. This time it was persistent, hence recorded it. Tried all possible combinations to get it back to life but alas.

Behaviour : The system is responsive but it does not do anything. It will change modes but it will not play anything, it will not recognize the USB, it will not respond to the command button on the steering. What it will surprisingly do is connect to a phone over bluetooth successfully.



After this, I drove off and reached home. Parked and took out the car again after 15 mins and the system sprung into action in a way as if nothing happened. I am going to highlight this in the next service. This is the same system that they are putting in all their premium cars like Ciaz, S-Cross and I presume in the forthcoming Baleno too. Hopefully Bosch guys identify this problem and fix it over a firmware update.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 18:29   #93
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 558
Thanked: 278 Times
Default Re: AV system partially unresponsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I read few owners complaining about lag or system not responding. I had faced this once in the initial days and I switched off the car and started it again and the system responded without any issues. Since it was a one off, I didn't pay much heed to it. Yesterday I faced it again. This time it was persistent, hence recorded it. Tried all possible combinations to get it back to life but alas.

Behaviour : The system is responsive but it does not do anything. It will change modes but it will not play anything, it will not recognize the USB, it will not respond to the command button on the steering. What it will surprisingly do is connect to a phone over bluetooth successfully.

After this, I drove off and reached home. Parked and took out the car again after 15 mins and the system sprung into action in a way as if nothing happened. I am going to highlight this in the next service. This is the same system that they are putting in all their premium cars like Ciaz, S-Cross and I presume in the forthcoming Baleno too. Hopefully Bosch guys identify this problem and fix it over a firmware update.
This is scaring me - I am yet to receive the car, and with these flawed news ..

Do let me know if you get this checked by MASS, what version number is running and how to check the running version ?
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 09:42   #94
BHPian
 
DAART's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Hi Abhishek

I got a call from Maruti regarding maintenance plan for my car. I am yet to meet the dealer and get more details. Did you happen to get info on this. I will update the thread once I get all the info from my service vendor.
DAART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 13:42   #95
BHPian
 
MindOnWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: 3M Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
While I was all done with setting up the car for the years to come, there was a small set of things I wanted to attend to and 3M was the solution to it. I am a regular visitor to the 3M HSR Layout branch. My Swift was pampered here and it was now time for the Ciaz. These are things that could have waited, but I thought of finishing the initial expenses and not keep spending on it other than regular services and all.

Paint Sealant Treatment : Brown looks really good although I know it's not going to be easy to maintain it. I have been somehow successful in keeping the Swift shiny, although this will require more attention.

I went for the one with 5 year treatment which they say even reduces the in cabin noise. You get free checkup by 3M every 6 months. They will patch up if there is anything scrapped out.

As always, they did a very good job and I came out as yet another satisfied customer. All done, it's time now to drive and explore!
First Congratulations Abhishek on your purchase. Good write up.

Just wanted to know much did you pay for the Paint Sealant and under body coating

Enjoy your drive
MindOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 14:13   #96
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAART View Post
Hi Abhishek

I got a call from Maruti regarding maintenance plan for my car. I am yet to meet the dealer and get more details. Did you happen to get info on this. I will update the thread once I get all the info from my service vendor.
No, I have not heard anything of that sort. Please do let us know what's this all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
First Congratulations Abhishek on your purchase. Good write up.

Just wanted to know much did you pay for the Paint Sealant and under body coating

Enjoy your drive
Thank you. Paint Sealant was 5000/- and Under body was around 4500/-. Prices vary as per size. Bigger cars will be more expensive. Underbody is good from 3M although I would suggest Paint Sealant from Reflecton. I recently came across their service and I was really impressed. They apply a quartz layer on the car. Prices varies as per size of the car.

abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 07:55   #97
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
This is scaring me - I am yet to receive the car, and with these flawed news ..

Do let me know if you get this checked by MASS, what version number is running and how to check the running version ?
You might like to check this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3822065 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

TeamBHPian whose car had a similar AV component issue was given a firmware update to the system and it's all fine now He is yet to confirm on the version number. Presuming that they will be updating the firmware before delivering your car, you should not be facing similar issues as I am facing. I have informed the service center I visit to keep the firmware update ready for my next service which is due soon.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 10:30   #98
BHPian
 
ptaneja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Pole,Mars
Posts: 558
Thanked: 278 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
You might like to check this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3822065 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

TeamBHPian whose car had a similar AV component issue was given a firmware update to the system and it's all fine now He is yet to confirm on the version number. Presuming that they will be updating the firmware before delivering your car, you should not be facing similar issues as I am facing. I have informed the service center I visit to keep the firmware update ready for my next service which is due soon.
Oh yes I have seen that thread - would be best if you can find out the existing FW version number and the new upgrade number.
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 16:50   #99
BHPian
 
Jeevith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
You are right Visaster. Engine oil change is every 10K. Service is every 6 months although I prefer to change my oil with every service. No harm at this price This one was at 1000.
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for this thread. I use your thread as my go to guide as I'm a few thousand kilometers behind you on the ownership .

I'm currently just shy of 10k kilometers and am due for my service any time soon. So I was just curious to know how your 10k service went. My assumption would be that you've changed the oil twice by now (one at the end of 1k and the second being at the end of 10k). Any other niggles, things to note in the third service?
Jeevith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 19:12   #100
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default 3rd Free Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for this thread. I use your thread as my go to guide as I'm a few thousand kilometers behind you on the ownership .

I'm currently just shy of 10k kilometers and am due for my service any time soon. So I was just curious to know how your 10k service went. My assumption would be that you've changed the oil twice by now (one at the end of 1k and the second being at the end of 10k). Any other niggles, things to note in the third service?
Glad all this typing was of some help !

You are not that far from what I am at. I am just around the 11k Mark. I might be asking you update about the 4th Service soon I have changed the Oil and the Filter 3 times by now. 1K, 5K and 10K. What I am little confused about is the oil I am using. I have been recommended the 0W20 Shell Fully Synthetic which is almost 1/3rd the cost of what others are using but the service team says that the costs are low because of the pact between Shell and Suzuki else the quality is good. It's priced at 375 INR/Ltr.

What still amazes me is the cost of Ownership of Suzuki Vehicles. The total third service costed me just about 3.8K INR. This included 1.4K of interior cleaning. The other major expenses were Oil, Oil Filter, Cabin AC Filter and Air Filter. Wheel Balancing is recommended at 10K but I usually get it done in a Michelin Tyre Shop where they are specialized at this.

No major niggles, rather no niggles at all, thankfully. The only thing that I wanted to get done but could not was the firmware update of the player which they said they will call me for within 7 days for updating. I should get it done by next week. Was keeping busy due to Diwali holidays.

That said, 10 Months and 11K kms down, happy with the buy !
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 02:45   #101
BHPian
 
Jeevith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: 3rd Free Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I have changed the Oil and the Filter 3 times by now. 1K, 5K and 10K. What I am little confused about is the oil I am using. I have been recommended the 0W20 Shell Fully Synthetic which is almost 1/3rd the cost of what others are using but the service team says that the costs are low because of the pact between Shell and Suzuki else the quality is good. It's priced at 375 INR/Ltr.
Not sure if the Shell 0W20 is itself relatively cheaper (couldn't find a price online) or you're just luckier than the rest of us . My old bill says approx 1150 bucks (including taxes) for Castrol 5W40. They didn't open a can, they had dispensers at Pratham Motors (will get pics next time around).

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20151113_231318.jpg <br />
In addition to being a Suzuki, our low cost are also on account of being petrol vehicles. I'd written a small piece in my ownership review (<i>I hope to complete it soon</i>).<br /> <br />
But yea, I'm seriously considering shifting my service center once I get done with the last of the free services. For one the commute from Kalyan Nagar to Bellandur is quite hectic, and also I think I might get more personalized treatment at a relatively smaller establishment. <br /> <br /> <div style=
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
That said, 10 Months and 11K kms down, happy with the buy !
Couldn't agree more! .
Jeevith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 20:20   #102
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Not sure if the Shell 0W20 is itself relatively cheaper (couldn't find a price online) or you're just luckier than the rest of us . My old bill says approx 1150 bucks (including taxes) for Castrol 5W40. They didn't open a can, they had dispensers at Pratham Motors (will get pics next time around).
Guess I will not make too much noise about my being lucky and change things I had posted the bottle and the bill pic in one of the earlier posts. It was same all the three times. I will keep quite and keep maintaining the lucky status!!

You can try Surakshaa. Many Tbhpians recommend this and its working out good till now.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 15:54   #103
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Battery Drained out | My fault

What I feared the most happened although was attended to and fixed very quickly.

Couple of weekends earlier I was rushing out to watch a movie with my son. Just when I was leaving, I realized that the ORVMs were open. I moved to ACC mode and closed the ORVMs and I presume in the hurry, I left the car in ACC more and left. I am not sure about this but I am guessing this.

When I came back, I first went to the boot to place few bags off the shopping that I did after watching the movie and the boot failed to open. I went to the front door and it was open. I soon realized the battery was dead. No lights were on. The front door is designed to work in a way that even if you lock it manually from inside if the battery is dead, it opens up. I realized this as the passenger side front door was open and when I manually tried to lock it, it unlocked by itself.

I called up 1800-102-1800 and they immediately took up the request. Within 30 mins I had a service mech from the closest MAS and charged the battery. Done. Issue resolved and lesson learnt. Charges were just 500/- INR which would have been Nil if it was an issue under warranty. This was probably my fault hence I had to pay.

Everything was smooth other than the small question which in this tensed situation made me smile where the lady who picked up the call asked, 'So you said it's a ZXi+, is it a Petrol or a diesel ?'. I told her, X is always petrol and D is diesel to which she replied, 'We are here to take the complains and assign mechs, we have do not have information about the models.'
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2016, 19:34   #104
BHPian
 
Jeevith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 94
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Aren't you going to post pics of the work from Reflecton? Your car looked pretty sweet after the work. How's the quartz coat holding up?

I'm still in two minds whether to go in for the detailing directly or have the denting (and painting) repairs done first.
Jeevith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 16:30   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 40
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Now that many of you have owned the cars for more than an year, could you please share the cost of ownership for the first year please?
kptraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 214 26th November 2017 00:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks