Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 08:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay mathew View Post
@ Torqueguru, i drive at about 2000 - 2500 RPM, and i usually shift gears in this fashion

0-10 : 1st gear
20> : 2nd gear
40> : 3rd gear
60> : 4th gear
80> : 5th gear

no clue why the mileage is like this.
Well ajay, Try shifting a tad earlier.....say 1800 to 2000 rpm.....you should end up wid better FE. And dont go over 90 in 5th on the highway......Also one more thing....in the city, bumper to bumper driving can really be a FE killer as many of our friends have already said. Did you finish your service at 10,000 kms?
Old 20th November 2007, 08:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Really like that term
How about more Mallu-ish Cedizens
Old 20th November 2007, 09:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hey Megger..Nice naming convention.
Old 20th November 2007, 09:44   #64
BHPian

Yesterday i TD cedia only becos of this thread .I am not joking i am in love with Cedia.I would like to say Cedia is a drivers car.Man fantastic road holding.I couldnt drive too fast because my wife and 5 months old baby was the navigators.The car I TD was a petrol/LPG variant SELECT.I am the 1st one who TD that car .I am so lucky to have the 1st one because the car looks so neat and perfect drive like i bought a brand new Cedia.They came to my home straight away from RTO check up.

When i saw the car i was so excited.I had a look into the interior i saw a blaupunkt HU.Then i asked the executive whether the HU fixed by the dealer or not.No it is built in HU with 4 Blau speakers.It wasnt bad.Then I took Jesse Cook-Free fall from my car and started playing in Cedia.We started cruising atleast 30kms i drove the car.It was so comfortable to drive.One of my navigator slept half way my 5 months old baby,hehe.Even in 120km/hr she is cool and didnt feel the speed.Very good breaking.Listening to Jesse cook and cruising on highway...i loved it.I know all of you guys know about cedia.Still i wanted to write my experience.
CEDIA ROCKS
Old 20th November 2007, 09:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey Megger..
Cedizens.. Thats it.. Sounds Better than Cedians...!!! (btw, Why did u say it sounds Mallu-ish..???)
Let us coin this word...
From today...
All Cedia Owners will be known as Cedizens...

AGREE..???
Old 20th November 2007, 10:34   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Hey 1000Horses,
How did the car feel? on long drives? Did you watch the engine tempeatures? felt any heat on the bonnet?
How does the driver seat feels on long drive? Do you have the comfort?
Also did you have any rear passengers? How was the ride? (So much heard about the so-called thigh supports).
Please out in a few specific, that could help all Cedians like me...
HI Raja,

Ok my compariosn is based on other small cars as i was use to driving indicas, M800s wagonRs and Altos previous to this. Driving this car is shear pleasure. Dont want to take any other seat . Front seats are very supportive and well crafted for long drives. No complaints there. I had 3 adults and 2 kids with me in car. All the adults were of approx 5'6'', and no complaints from them about thigh support too. Infact everybody was very comfortable in back seat. But seriously its one of the sore points of Cedia for sure IF you are 6 footer. About the engine temp, I was not that observant but was watching the niddle once in a while, which was always in normal operating zone. Cant say much about ride as the road was like carpet.

Steering, handling and brakes are something which makes you ozze with confidence, while driving it. No skidding atall at high speed turns.

I hope this helps. As already a lot is talked abt driving pleasure of cedia by much more experienced ppl here.

regards
Old 20th November 2007, 10:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Good inputs... Normally a sporty car doesnt give all that comfortable ride during long drives (Example-Ford Mustang or Honda CRX)... Thats why I posed those specific questions to you...
thanks for the details and I will myself take my Cedia in couple of weeks for a long drive and sure will share my experience here...
Cedia and Cedizens.. Enjoy...!!
Old 21st November 2007, 03:15   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Megger..
Cedizens.. Thats it.. Sounds Better than Cedians...!!! (btw, Why did u say it sounds Mallu-ish..???)
Let us coin this word...
From today...

AGREE..???
Cedizens...hmm that sounds awesome Raja! Hats off!!
By the way, I just had an unforgettable experience in my car.
I was driving at around 100 Km/hr on Ring Road here in Bangalore today, when suddenly the scorpio in front of me took a sharp turn to his right without any indication what so ever! I steered the car to the right, and it started skidding, I was heading for the median, but i was able to steer the car away from it while applying the break (though not fully) thats when i really understood the ABS functionality, and though out the entire episode, i didnt feel a thing inside the car, absolutely no swaying sensation or anything. I would have surely skid and hit the median if it wasnt for God, Cedia and my reflex . And i wish all Scorpio drivers go to hell....really!
Old 21st November 2007, 08:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Megger..
Let us coin this word...
From today...

AGREE..???

Mallu-ish => Uncle = Ungle, Citizens = Cedizens

(no offenses meant)
Old 21st November 2007, 09:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
I was driving at around 100 Km/hr on Ring Road here in Bangalore today, when suddenly the scorpio in front of me took a sharp turn to his right without any indication what so ever! I steered the car to the right, and it started skidding, I was heading for the median, but i was able to steer the car away from it while applying the break (though not fully) thats when i really understood the ABS functionality, and though out the entire episode, i didnt feel a thing inside the car, absolutely no swaying sensation or anything. I would have surely skid and hit the median if it wasnt for God, Cedia and my reflex . And i wish all Scorpio drivers go to hell....really!
Yeah 100%. brakes of cedia are some thing which inspire confidence in you while pushing it.
Old 21st November 2007, 10:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Yes, Its not only mainly the ABS, its the EBD that helped you steer the car back and to be in full control... This is an excellent feature, as ABS acts only when you brake suddenly, but EBD works all along during your braking and steering while skidding...

Its amazing that you have had a live experience of EBD at work..
it adds to the confidence of Cedizens...
Old 21st November 2007, 13:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Its not only mainly the ABS, its the EBD that helped you steer the car back and to be in full control... This is an excellent feature, as ABS acts only when you brake suddenly, but EBD works all along during your braking and steering while skidding...

Its amazing that you have had a live experience of EBD at work..
it adds to the confidence of Cedizens...
What exactly does this EBD do? I am not too sure of its functionality, could yoy enlighten me on this Raja? And yah, it was one heck of an experience, really amazing i must say...The sound made by the rubber is still echoing in my ears as i am writing this! Phew!
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:15   #73
BHPian

RajaTaurus....you are definitely a very proud owner of the Cedia and in a way you have made us aware of a car that is very good but highly undersold.

Just out of curiosity, did you check out the Optra Magnum before you decided on the Cedia? If you did, how do you think the two stack up and if you didnt, any particular reason for not including the Magnum in your list? Anything to do with the fuel type?
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

EBD - Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
When you are on rough roads, sandy or skidding surfaces and you want to brake, the 4 wheels get different levels of friction from the ground. In normal vehciles, when you apply brakes, the brakign force is uniform on all four wheels. In cars with EBD, the brake force is electronically distributed to each wheel depending on its friction resistance. Result, you feel as if the car is braking on a normal uniform surface without any swear or skid.
More on
Electronic brakeforce distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 22nd November 2007 at 12:13.
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:09   #75
Senior - BHPian

To Answer Jacob,
I ticked off all the GM vehciles launched under the name of Chevrolet, as I knew that all these vehicles sold in India are from Daewoo Korea. The same cars are also available in the Gulf on throw away prices. Daewoo - compromised on everything to reduce cost. I didnt' want to take chances in durability. We had some Daewoo cars back in mid 90's in Kuwait and just in 1 year, the car became a rattling piece of scrap.

Also check this comparison yourself for more..
Mitsubishi Cedia Spirit vs Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 MAX TCDi | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com India

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 22nd November 2007 at 12:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks