Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 13:02   #106

I started my drive of 360 Kms on 25 th and returned today.(Blore - Mysore - Blore )
On 25 th we had a small highway race with a Skoda RS Turbo (150 Bhp ) for about 30 kms My car with 4 people with overall weight of about 300 Kgs including bags in the boot.
RS with 1 sprited driver only and we could overtake in in straight on a gradient and every place After some time he gave up.Such a massive torque and the so called 150 Bhp of the SKODA RS was possibly very weak horses and the CEDIA had 115 BHp STRONG horses.
Now to the FE 9.5 Km/L with about 60 Km in city and rest Highway with pedal to the FLOOR driving.(Almost above 110 - 120 most of the time )
AS Far as i am concerned IT IS VERY GOOD.
Even my 1.5 Lancer with similer driving style would return 10.5 to 11 Km/L.
Even on my Drive to Chennai and back It returned 9.5 Km/L and I could make it to Sri Permbadhur in less than 4 hours
Old 29th January 2008, 14:37   #107
VMG
BHPian

I also had the similar experience while driving from Vellore to Chennai in Chennai - Bangaore highway.
Not even single car overtook me. Driven 140-150km speed. Toyota, Ford, GM and Honda all of them were behind Cedia/me only.
Pleasure driving Cedia.
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:51   #108

Bought my cedia select Petrol from Lathangi Bangalore! Silver is the color
I first took a test drive in dec-07 and was amazed by this car's performance and most importantly the road handling.
I followed this by test drives of City EXI, Citi Vtech, SX4, Verna. Nothing compared with the cedia's class.
Went ahead and booked the cedia in feb 08 beginning and was given a date of delivery. I sold my existing car in good faith on this date. On the day i hear from the dealer that the car has not come from Chennai plant!! The sales manager however was gracious enough to lend me his test drive vehicle for almost a week. It was initially embarassing thing to drive this car emblazoned with lot of stickers allover the body. (Lathangi dealers's cell nos for test drive etc). It invited curious looks from people both inside and outside office. I feel Lathangi got a free PR and free ADV for a week
Got my delivery on valentine's day and it was really a good thing owning this great piece of engineering. I have covered around 300 kms and it is doing fine. Planning to take it to a long drive this weekend, keeping in mind <70KM/H < 2K RPM for the first 1000Kms or first service.
Will post on new experiences with this automobile in the future.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Ravi,
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Enjoy yourself driving. You got it. Nothing compares to this class...
Even my Cedia was delivered 3 weeks late than the original delivery date even in Chennai. They said, my choice of French Claret (in simple English, Red), color and they normally dont keep this color in factory yard. So, they painted this one for me. So the delay.
Anyway, I have no complaints.
A useful tip: If you are driving alone or just with one passanger, keep the tire pressure at 28 psi and not at 30 psi as they recommend. IF you drive at 30 psi, you will feel lot of rattles on rough roads. 28 psi gives real smooth ride.
Enjoy and Drive Safe..
Raja

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 25th February 2008 at 11:34.
Old 25th February 2008, 12:33   #110
BHPian

Hi guys...I had gone on an off road drive in my cedia! And I must say i was real fun!!!! The car just made it look so simple....I took the car off the main road onto the grasslands and drove up to a lake that was about a km or 2 away....there were a couple of places where it was really rocky ...but hats off to the cedias suspension and ground clearance!!! I am posting a few pics too.

PS: Ravi, Congratulations on your new Cedia!

Old 25th February 2008, 13:10   #111
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Buddy,
No wonder you had great time on rough roads... Its a Performer of its own class..
Congratulations...
Enjoy and safe driving.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:22   #112
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures.
Its a great car. Enjoy!!
Old 25th February 2008, 13:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

Awsome Pics TG, how much has your Cedia run? You still running on stock tires?
Old 25th February 2008, 13:39   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Awsome Pics TG, how much has your Cedia run? You still running on stock tires?
Hi BUSA,
I changed the tyres to JK zypher 195/60R15 ....i m running 12000+ km now.

PS:Thanks for ur remarks on the pics guys!!!
Old 25th February 2008, 13:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Hi BUSA,
I changed the tyres to JK zypher 195/60R15 ....i m running 12000+ km now.
Just saw your gallery, it says 205s
Old 25th February 2008, 13:43   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Great pics Buddy,
No wonder you had great time on rough roads... Its a Performer of its own class..
Congratulations...
Enjoy and safe driving.
Thanks raja!

I have query...isnt the front grill different for cedia spirit and sports? I feels sports has a slightly elongated nose, wud luv to find out!
Old 25th February 2008, 13:46   #117
BHPian

i was under the beliefe its 205, as my dad had fixed em on the car...just a few days back, i figured out its 195 only .....a service guy informed me that. By the way, how can i figure it out by looking at the tyre? where will this info be mentioned?
Old 25th February 2008, 13:51   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Thanks raja!

I have query...isnt the front grill different for cedia spirit and sports? I feels sports has a slightly elongated nose, wud luv to find out!
No man, The difference is the Front Air Dam... which is not there in Spirit. Otherwise, they are the same nose.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:54   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
No man, The difference is the Front Air Dam... which is not there in Spirit. Otherwise, they are the same nose.
Let me do some visual research, because i feel the nose of the sports is longer...lemme do some photo analysis and chek...will post the pics soon ok. Raja, u too do a check if you can find the time.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:56   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I also had the similar experience while driving from Vellore to Chennai in Chennai - Bangaore highway.
Not even single car overtook me. Driven 140-150km speed. Toyota, Ford, GM and Honda all of them were behind Cedia/me only.
What does that prove.

(1) you drive faster (2) Cedia does the job (3) others drive slowly (4) their cars are not upto it (5) combination of all the above.

Have you ever thought that a fast driven M800 can go easily at 100 and can overtake a conservatively driven Merc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks