Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 16:30   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
QUERY - When I turn the ignition key there are a plethora of lights which come on. One of them reads "Speed Limit". Can any one throw some light on what this indicated? When I asked the dealership guys, they said it was there for the sake of it. When I rubbished that claim they said it was for the future models of the Vista? Now that was one of the most irritating answers that I've got.
What I comprehend is that Tata's have given us a future ready dash board & made us feel guilty for buying the car without the gizmos that they are going to give.. Is this a joke or they are trying to mock the customer?
These instrument clusters are not made by the car makers and are made by third parties. All provisions in the instrument cluster are there as standard irrespective of the usage. That is true with most cars. My corolla has ABS mentioned on instrument cluster though the car never had that. Also it had seat belt warning indicator on the cluster though the car never had the feature. Similiarly my Indica has most of these things mentioned on the instrument panel though the car does not have those options. What the dealers told you was right. In future if Tata ever wanted to provide those features, then they need not change/reinvent the intrument panel. Hope it clears your doubt.
Old 18th December 2008, 14:02   #707
BHPian

Wishes RevHappy! for booking Vista TD. It is OK, don't feel bad with others feedback. Please post the Pics and experience after getting the vehicle.
Old 19th December 2008, 13:27   #708
BHPian

Thanks Teddybear,

As I had already paid the money and the car is ready, I have decided to go ahead pick it up. I have asked them to register it today itself and will be picking it up tomorrow.(My initial thought was that the registration date is what counts for resale, but then now i cant wait any longer )

I will take a lot of pics and post them

I have read about the 1 minute rule of idleing at start and stop, when I asked about this to the concorde sales person he wasnt aware of this
He said "yes sir it is same as petrol only no sir, before starting it is better to keep it idle for few seconds"

Imagine a Tata sales person doesnt know this distinction b/w petrol and diesel.

Is there also some kind of coil that needs to turn red before cranking and then do I have to wait for a minute?

Please help guys!

Thanks,
Nitin
Old 19th December 2008, 14:14   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
These instrument clusters are not made by the car makers and are made by third parties. All provisions in the instrument cluster are there as standard irrespective of the usage. That is true with most cars. My corolla has ABS mentioned on instrument cluster though the car never had that. Also it had seat belt warning indicator on the cluster though the car never had the feature. Similiarly my Indica has most of these things mentioned on the instrument panel though the car does not have those options. What the dealers told you was right. In future if Tata ever wanted to provide those features, then they need not change/reinvent the intrument panel. Hope it clears your doubt.
If it is there by default and not available for the current model, it should be disabled and should not glow.
Do they glow in Corolla?
Old 19th December 2008, 14:24   #710
BHPian

as soon as you turn the key to "battery on" position you can see all the indicator lights in the console turn on. watch out for the icon of an orange coil. it would glow for a few seconds before going off. it is recommended that you dont turn on the ignition until this coil turns off. it wont take more than a few seconds.

it is good to idle for about 15-20 seconds before moving or before shutting off. this is so that the turbo charger is bathed in oil while it slows down. you have stopped after a high speed ride or are about to drive away at a high speed, idle for a upto maybe 30 seconds to a minute.
Old 19th December 2008, 15:38   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
as soon as you turn the key to "battery on" position you can see all the indicator lights in the console turn on. watch out for the icon of an orange coil. it would glow for a few seconds before going off. it is recommended that you dont turn on the ignition until this coil turns off. it wont take more than a few seconds.

it is good to idle for about 15-20 seconds before moving or before shutting off. this is so that the turbo charger is bathed in oil while it slows down. you have stopped after a high speed ride or are about to drive away at a high speed, idle for a upto maybe 30 seconds to a minute.
Does the idleing rule apply even at traffic signals?
Is this why the sumo and indica cab drivers never switch off their engines at signals?
Old 19th December 2008, 17:45   #712
Senior - BHPian

most indicabs have the NA engine , so it should not be an issue for them.
no idea about sumos
Old 19th December 2008, 20:53   #713
BHPian

yeah...the idling requirements means that I dont get to switch off the car at traffic signals except perhaps at Khairtabad which has 3 minute red lights!.
Old 20th December 2008, 13:38   #714
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
yeah...the idling requirements means that I dont get to switch off the car at traffic signals except perhaps at Khairtabad which has 3 minute red lights!.
If you have the time, go through the following:

Yahoo! Groups
Yahoo! Groups
Yahoo! Groups

Regards,
Old 20th December 2008, 14:58   #715
BHPian

thats interesting! so shutting off the car for a minute or two at every signal would save around 300-400 rupees a year but would affect the battery life which costs more to replace. never thought from the angle of battery life.

i have one basic question: does starting a car consume more fuel than idling it for a minute or two?
Old 20th December 2008, 18:22   #716
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
i have one basic question: does starting a car consume more fuel than idling it for a minute or two?
I really don't have a fool proof answer for that. But I think it would be less than the fuel that you would use idling.
Old 27th December 2008, 01:56   #717
BHPian

Business Standard Motoring Jury award 2009 — Tata Indica Vista

The Tata Indica was launched ten years back, and today Tata Motors is the third-largest passenger car manufacturer in the country. Yet, the venerable automotive firm has never won a Business Standard Motoring award. But not any more. The new Indica Vista breaks that jinx. Our Jury award is given to a significant car other than the Car Of The Year. And we find the Vista significant because of several reasons. It has taken the Indica’s “More Car Per Car” USP to another dimension altogether.

The proven Fiat-sourced drivetrain has managed to put a smile on the driver’s face, while the attention to build quality means the Vista is nice place to be in. Tata Motors have also taken pains to get the components and aggregates that have gone into the car to a higher level of quality. Now add to this the Indica’s traditionally strong attributes of ride quality, affordability and incredibly low running costs. The manufacturer’s effort to make better cars is now very visible, thanks to the new Indica Vista. Hearty congratulations, Tata Motors!

Need some fizz?
Old 30th December 2008, 16:59   #718
BHPian

The Vista has quite a few things common with the Swift. However there is one thing that I was wishing & hoping would not be common, but alas thats not the case to be.
RATTLING
Believe it or not, there is a very faint rattling noise that has started in my Vista near the left hand side of the dash board. I am quite surprised especially that the car has covered only 1200 kms.
I have already brought this to the notice of the workshop guys & they have promised me to rectify this ASAP. However I am very sceptical about this. If this rattle noise increases, then I will be very very disappointed.
Will keep you guys updated.
Any clues what could be the problem? Its a faint creaking noise which comes, especially during start-ups.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:42   #719
BHPian

oh! thats bad! luckily no rattling yet in my Vista (nearing 5000 kms). will wait n watch
Old 31st December 2008, 09:56   #720
BHPian

Quote:
oh! thats bad! luckily no rattling yet in my Vista (nearing 5000 kms). will wait n watch
i got the dely on 26th and driven 450 kms in city would like to summarize the shortcomings very briefly.

1. Left front window recoiler giving problem while recoiling up.

2. Queaking sound from one of the joints of front left seat, esp. when a 70+ kg person sits there. no sound when my sis or my wife is there. both under 60 kgs.

3. A thud during sudden braking coming out from the boot. i read someone else mentioning the same problem in one of the vista thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks