Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 14:12   #826
BHPian

Ice - I am in complete agreement with you. I feel that most of us are expecting simply too much from their respective cars. We want it to be completely trouble free & in case of even a minor problem we blindly take the car to the Workshop. However I have 1 question - Which car in this world is absolutely trouble free. There were pictures of an S-Class Benz being towed away on our very own forum. What must that owner feel of Merc? I know of an actual case where the driver's side of the car would simply not open from outside & the poor chap had to open the passenger side door & open the driver's door from inside. Just imagine how would the owners feel about these so called niggling problems?
The best way to appreciate the Vista is to drive to the Ford or Honda Showroom with 5 ppl in tow, make them sit in the respective TD vehicles & then tell them to comment on the comfort levels. I am sure their comments are really going to make you feel nice. Honestly I did that for the Ford Ikon and one & all immediately appreciated the enormous space & comfort that the Vista had to offer. Wanna feel even better, just tell them the price of all the cars & see the reaction. I was so happy to see my family appreciating my decision.
Old 18th February 2009, 16:10   #827
Senior - BHPian

@ ICE and Maverick- Quiet right with your comments. Not just cars but anything which is mechanical or electrical will give few niggles at times. Nothing is trouble free so dont bother much and enjoy the comfort it gives you
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:59   #828
BHPian

There's 1 prob which is simply refusing to disappear. There's a peculiar grinding noise that has been coming from the Left Hand (rear) side of the car. I had taken the vehicle to the workshop but these guys have just not been able to solve the problem. They changed the anti roll bar busing once, but the problem still persists.
Has any one else also faced this problem? If so, then what is the solution?
I feel we can make an excel sheet enlisting all the problems being faced, so we all can be prepared for the worst.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:19   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
There's 1 prob which is simply refusing to disappear. There's a peculiar grinding noise that has been coming from the Left Hand (rear) side of the car. I had taken the vehicle to the workshop but these guys have just not been able to solve the problem. They changed the anti roll bar busing once, but the problem still persists.
I feel we can make an excel sheet enlisting all the problems being faced, so we all can be prepared for the worst.

It would be of great use for new owners like me to keep watch of potential issues.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:49   #830
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1184284

created a thread for it, please do add the problems you've faced with the car
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:21   #831
BHPian

I have been quite surprised about the fact that the driver's side power window on the Vista does not have an 'Auto Down' feature. This is a very good feature, especially when one is travelling on the highway & comes to a toll booth. The window rolls down with a flick of a switch. I am sure this is not a very expensive option, even the Zen came with this feature. I dont know why Tata's didnt deemed it to be important?
I wud like to know if there is a way to install this feature as an after market? I inquired with my local accessories guy & he's promised to try & find out.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:32   #832
BHPian

Quote:
I have been quite surprised about the fact that the driver's side power window on the Vista does not have an 'Auto Down' feature. This is a very good feature, especially when one is travelling on the highway & comes to a toll booth. The window rolls down with a flick of a switch. I am sure this is not a very expensive option, even the Zen came with this feature. I dont know why Tata's didnt deemed it to be important?
I wud like to know if there is a way to install this feature as an after market? I inquired with my local accessories guy & he's promised to try & find out.
Even my zen has this feature and my vista doesn't and I agree with you, I am missing this a little bit because I have dark tinted glass, In the night sometimes I cant see outside while taking a turn and then I have to lower the glass, it would have been better if it had worked just like in the zen
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:33   #833
BHPian

Quote:
I am not a vista owner but have experienced grinding noises. If it is continuous griding/humming sound, it usually comes due to the wheel bearing gone bad. Generally the life of bearing is around 40,000 kms but in one off cases it might happen very early also. Best way to check is to put that wheel on jack and rotate by hand. If the noise is coming, bearing is bad.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:24   #834
Senior - BHPian

Why does TDi sell more? Or does it?

One question on the Vista.

Which Vista engine variant sells more: TDi or Quadrajet? Initially saw a spurt of Quadrajets but off late, I have seen almost two TDi Vistas for every one Quadrajet Vista in Delhi-NCR.

One of my friends is considering the TDi but I am trying to convince him for the Quadrajet. Apart from the pricing and low maintenance costs, is there any other reason for the TDi to sell more? With my experience of the Multijet engine, I don't think the Quadrajet should be having any issues. Any comments?
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:41   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
One question on the Vista.

Which Vista engine variant sells more: TDi or Quadrajet? Initially saw a spurt of Quadrajets but off late, I have seen almost two TDi Vistas for every one Quadrajet Vista in Delhi-NCR.

One of my friends is considering the TDi but I am trying to convince him for the Quadrajet. Apart from the pricing and low maintenance costs, is there any other reason for the TDi to sell more? With my experience of the Multijet engine, I don't think the Quadrajet should be having any issues. Any comments?
My experience is different. Am seeing more Quadrajets. Tdi might sell more cos of lower pricing. Engine wise Quadra is superior no doubt.
In fact most of the owners have niggling issues majorly with plastic quality etc but i havent seen anyone reporting prob with the engine as of now.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:59   #836
BHPian

In Bangalore, I think I have seen about 20-30 vistas so far, all are quadrajets.
Not a single TDi, I found that very strange.
Looks like I am the lone TDi owner in Bangalore.

My choice for TDi was because of strict budget of 4.5 lacs.
I had shortlisted the i10 magna 1.2 and it cost 4.4 lacs.
This was going to be my second car after the zen.
The i10 is the same class as zen and it would have meant no upgrade.

But the Indica Vista TDi is of the class of swift,getz,uva and palio and it comes at the price of (4.57L on road) one segment lower, hence it was a no brainer for me to select the Vista tdi over i10 and the fact that it is diesel meant lots and lots of long drives.

But the QJD would have meant actually paying a price similar to swift DDIS and palio mjd and then I would be really really confused which of the 3 to choose as each has its own set of negatives. And also at that price with difference between price of petrol and diesel diminishing it would have been hard to convince myself to pay that kind of premium for the diesel car as my running will be only about 1000 kms every month

Last edited by revhappy : 23rd February 2009 at 21:18.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:51   #837
BHPian

90% of the vistas ive seen are qjd's
Old 25th February 2009, 11:18   #838
Senior - BHPian

me too kunal, mostly seen vista's on road are QDJT and of them red and grey are seen more as they look more stunning then silver which is very dull as compared to older indica's silver colour.
Also i wonder why didnt tata offered white vista option too which looked stunning in its anniversary edition.
Old 25th February 2009, 12:46   #839
BHPian

Vijay - White is the most common colour for Indica Taxis. Am sure Tata's didnt want the Vista also to get the Taxi image & hence no whit available. However the Anniversary costs even more than the regular top end version of the same car & hence probability of it being put into Taxi business is very slim.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:58   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vijay - White is the most common colour for Indica Taxis. Am sure Tata's didnt want the Vista also to get the Taxi image & hence no whit available. However the Anniversary costs even more than the regular top end version of the same car & hence probability of it being put into Taxi business is very slim.
Smart move bu TATA there. They were quiet aware of the taxi image and hence no white. Now when can we see the Abs and airbags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks