Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 14:36   #76
BHPian

One thing that I observed was the generous amount of space in the engine compartment, especially in case of the Petrol version. Guess they might have deliberately left it so that owners could fit in extra components.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:00   #77
BANNED

One peeve I have about the Indica is the short width of the rear fender. (have I made it clear? the plastic thing we call "bumper".) It is so short that any small "kiss" from the vehicle behind is sure to leave a mark on the metallic parts of the tailgate. Too bad that this has not been fixed on this version. Small thing. But remember somebody complaining here about too many indicas with dents on the tailgate.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:31   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Today morning I received a call from Autofin, they said test drive vehicle is available. I enquired about the price - the mid trim quadrajet is 5.17 OTR.
Eagerly waiting for the Indigo Vista CS now.
i spoke to them too and they said the OTR of Quadrajet Aura (top end) is 5,44,515 in Hyderabad.

This price does not include the extended warranty (24 months). The showroom would know the cost of the Warranty by tomorrow.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

Ok so we got reviews but can someone please post pictures. I somehow liked the front of this vehicle.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Ok so we got reviews but can someone please post pictures.

Here you are. The pics of front, back, interior and others.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html
Old 25th August 2008, 16:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
The sound system is by Delphi.
The head unit is a Clarion. Not sure about the speakers.
Old 25th August 2008, 16:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

i have a question on my mind.. may be a silly one, but ill be gald if anyone could answer that,

why did the TATA's named it "INDICA" vista, why not a new name, excluding indica? , as we all know indica is primarily thought of as a taxi.

some of the buyers may be hesitent to buy this as a family car ,just because of this simple fact.

what do you guys think?
Old 25th August 2008, 16:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
The head unit is a Clarion. Not sure about the speakers.
r u sure about this?
Old 25th August 2008, 16:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

I got tired of waiting for photos. So i took some of my own. The car is "big", for a hatch. Loads of space. The cars in the photos are both diesel versions , stickered at Rs.4.80lac ex-showroom Chennai. The salesman wouldn't let me photo the engine. So be it. I wouldn't mind buying one, with alloy wheels. The wheel covers look shabby. Maybe TATA Motors should get them redesigned. The interior needs a little more refinement. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, i give the car a 7. Not bad at all. A sport version should do the trick of attracting younger buyers. Take a look and make up your own minds.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-003.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-004.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-005.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-008.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-009.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-010.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-misc-007.jpg  

Old 25th August 2008, 16:26   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

lovely looking car this VISTA
plse enlighten me - is this the same as the V3? same quadrajet Fiat engine I assume
and is there an Indigo version of the same upgraded technology etc yet?
any idea of the engine specs etc and the variants?
any info on the likely date of availability - waiting period or is it off the shelf?

must visit prerana soon as I believe the display vehicle is expected anytime now

cheers

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th August 2008 at 16:30.
Old 25th August 2008, 16:33   #86
BHPian

WoW.... too good man. Nice pics of the Vista. looks from side and back are the best, i will also be going to the showroom to get few pics. will try to get pics of the engine too.
NICE WORK nickatnite
Thanks for the pain you took
Old 25th August 2008, 16:33   #87
SuperSyn

Wheelcovers are so ugly, who cleared them for use on production cars?! Bare steel wheels would look better than this.

Old 25th August 2008, 16:34   #88
BHPian

Vista -- My initial impressions

I visited B U Bhandari (Pune dealer) for a test drive. None was available. I have clicked some pictures from my cell phone.

Viewed the car on display. Here are my first impressions with pictures:-

The car is huge. It has humongous proportions to say the least. Paint quality has improved vastly. I could not see any paint drips in tight spaces.

Fit and finsh too has improved vastly. The panel gaps are close and uniform. Plastic quality has improved several notches (compared to old indica) but needs to be improved further. The soft feel to the dashboard is not there yet. The plastic cladding provided on the lower side of drivers seat is too flimsy. It ends abruptly at the seat sliding lever mechanism and can cause cuts to the hand while operating the seat sliding lever.

Seats are supremely comfortable with good thigh support. Seat back contour has improved to provide greater lower back support. Rear seats too have been made comfy.

As mentioned by everyone on the forum, the legroom has improved tremendously. My friend (6' 2" height) could seat comfortably in the rear with the front seat slid back all the way. 3 medium sized people can seat comfortably in the rear.
The door map pockets are small to say the least. The cup holders in front of the gear level when occupied will definitely impede operation of AC switch.

The quality control needs to be tightened further. There is a seat belt not worn indicator on the console. The wire for this is left open and casually routed out from the lower seat belt buckle and left exposed. Second point is exposed fasteners used for fitting, a silver coloured screw is fitted below the door grip handle and exposed. Third point is the graphics painting on the control stalks. The wiper stalk had very bad quality painting for the position indicator (white colour had already worn out). Such things do not reflect properly on the QC processes. Tata wish to export their vehicles, time to shape up guys.

Overall they have made a sincere attempt to improve their product. Congrats to them.
Attached Thumbnails
The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-vista-front-view.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-rear-view.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-engine-compartment.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-speedo-console.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-front-console.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-boot-space.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-rh-mirror-size.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-bad-printing-wiper-stalks.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-loose-wiring.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-small-map-pockets.jpg  

The New Tata Indica Vista Thread-concealed-seat-belt.jpg  

Old 25th August 2008, 16:35   #89
BHPian

The fit and finish defenitely seems to be a qantum leap from the earlier indica. Looks more sturdier now, the earlier indica looked more like a tin box. Good job TATA. Hope they continue the same for the other vehicle as well. A good set of alloys should defenitly make the TATA even hotter.
Old 25th August 2008, 16:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

The wheelcovers look like they came off a Bajaj Auto. Very very shoddy.

Most Viewed