Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 01:29   #166
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, k_ajay. Quite objective and unbiased. A pleasure to read.

I wish that Tata had simply called this Vista rather than retain the "Indica" name. It is a new car, and totally different, from what I can read. I wish they had launched it 6 months ago.
Old 27th August 2008, 09:40   #167
BHPian

Superb review k_ajay! You have put some effort! Thanks...
Old 27th August 2008, 10:09   #168
BHPian

I believe TATAs should not have named this new car as 'Indica Vista'. I have seen posts stating that the prices are too steep for an Indica!! Had this been named as TATA 'XYZ' then people would not have compared it to an Indica.

I think its an all together new car in the Swift-Getz segment which has got nothing to do with Indica.

Last edited by akash_m : 27th August 2008 at 10:11.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:42   #169
BANNED

Price List-Kochi

Guys
Here is the Ex-showroom Price of Vista models in Kochi
Regards
Dilip
Attached Images

Old 27th August 2008, 13:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
Quadrajet model , even they are taking 5 k amount. though i paid in 50 k
Congrats 200mph!
Wish you receive it on time.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:10   #171
Senior - BHPian

Nonsense I say.

Vista has come so far but is still so far. To those who are predicting a 'swift' demise, they are quite sadly mistaken. Nothing could be far from the truth.

I'll post my impressions in a separate thread (no TD yet, bless dhingra motors again!)!

And the launch is such a joke. 9 bookings done, and no clear line of sight on deliveries - slated to start on 15th Sept.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:43   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nonsense I say.

Vista has come so far but is still so far. To those who are predicting a 'swift' demise, they are quite sadly mistaken. Nothing could be far from the truth.

I'll post my impressions in a separate thread (no TD yet, bless dhingra motors again!)!

And the launch is such a joke. 9 bookings done, and no clear line of sight on deliveries - slated to start on 15th Sept.
Well no one said that swift will be demise. it’s just that Vista will get many of the customers who r in waiting for the swift will shift to Vista. There r not one but many TD reviews here, and all say Tata’s have a good product in hand and quality has also improved… Hats off to Tata’s for that.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:43   #173
Senior - BHPian

While the Vista is a commendable effort by TATA, i don't think it will pose a threat to the Swift. Having said this, The Vista's interior feels roomiee and airy as compared to the dingy feeling i have when i sit inside a Swift. Except for the 'cut price' dash, the rest of the Vista seems better put together than the Swift. The Swift's dash also feels flimsy and brittle to me. It's a toss-up as far as i'm concerned.As i mentioned earlier, TATA needs to pimp the Vista a bit to attract younger buyers. The 'Mom-and-Pop' crowd will buy the car anyways. They keep buying the Indica V-series, don't they?.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:48   #174
Senior - BHPian

Nick, went for a TD did you? Ok, would YOU buy that Car?
Old 27th August 2008, 14:52   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nonsense I say.

Are you crossed with the dealership or by the car?
Old 27th August 2008, 15:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nonsense I say.

I tend to disagree with you a bit my friend. Noone has predicted a swift 'demise'. Everyone has just said its got a good competition now and as i had driven both so i can say very good competition indeed.

As for the launch and 9 bookings every new car takes time to pick up as people tend to get all the reports first before going for it. wait till end of sep and then you will see the flood of bookings.

IMO Swift has killed itself by giving a 6 months waiting period. I had gone on sunday to book one and i was told even booking is closed cos production is so slow
Old 27th August 2008, 15:24   #177
BHPian

I guess our journalists don't understand what they are writing.

Crossover or Xover as it is called has nothing to do with Scorpio getaway. Xover in Tata parlance is a crossover between a sedan and an SUV/MUV (whatever), which can essentially carry 7/8 people.

Here is a link to it from the Geneva car show:

Tata Xover crossover car at Geneva Motor Show 2005

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Just saw in todays TOI Tata is thinking of a new indigo variant and crossover of the safari and sumo for india,safari crossover sounds great for offroaders but will it run in india taking the scorpio getaway for example ,i believe is not doing so well in india,now tata is next to bring a crossover lets see if it does well.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:42   #178

Hello to All,

well i am a tier-II supplier for Tatas and also i am an ex-Tata Motors employee!
i have my contributions to this Vista as Both!

first up, the entire VISTA is bench marked on several cars. the most prominent, believe it or not, the Honda Jazz for Design Inputs! I say this, cause i headed the team who did that :-)

i first saw the car during one of routine visits to the Pune Plant for development of some parts around 7-8months ago. the interiors shook me off! they are huge lift from the Indica / Indigo siblings and refreshingly new. Thank Forresia for that, who has designed the entire interiors. Good Job.

Trim, fit finish, gaps, all A-Class. couldnt believe it at first when i remarked the details. I am one of those bred in the Automotive world, hence i can vouch for the above statement. reliability and buzz, squeak rattle are yet to ascertained once the car is in the market, but i am sure TACO working on this has done a good job for the plastics.

the door closing sound is a "thudd" rather than the old "thadd"! that speaks ALOT of design quality my friends..neat job..
the power plant of the 1.3multijet from ranjangaon facility with Fiats is a winner! the same engine is being sold to suzuki swift, i hear since suzuki has only now put some investment for their first diesel facility.

looks are solid, and i would have expected a more decent rear...only an enthusiastic can tell from the old marina and Vista.

Vista is a winner on the price front and the overall package it offers!
yet to TD, but i hear its an amazing drive as well!!

Note from mod: Post edited, only 2 smileys allowed per post. Please go through the forum rules before posting

Last edited by Zappo : 27th August 2008 at 15:53. Reason: Welcome onboard. Read the rules please. No more than 2 smileys per post are allowed.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:05   #179
BHPian

AlphaLEO,

I Agree with you dude , Tata's have come way far from where they had started. . Which is good for them as well as for the end user? Tata is a 100% Indian Co and is competing with many big -2 Co over here and I think we should appreciate them if they have done a good work.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th January 2009 at 00:19. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:06   #180
BHPian

Here's a TD report from AutocarIndia Forum

Reader Test Team: Exclusive: New Indica Vista Quadrajet Test Report

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks