Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 19:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Accha, here are the places where I found cheapness - please add to it:
a. Power window/handrest in rear seats. It flexes a bit - for want of a better word.
b. Dhingra's test car had its bonnet opener hanging by the wire.
c. The door lock/latch is flimsy.
d. The AC vents are chunky and not well finished.
e. Gear knob is so Indica, though the gearshift is makkhan personified.
f. The front grille is ultra flexible in a cheap chinese sort of way. Test the nearby fiat's grille for a solid grille instead!

I still see things being made to some sorta price. The HU is double din, but doesnt look plush - for want of a better word. The buttons had an okay feeling to it, didn't feel Alpine solid

The tachometer is NOT sexy. The v2 in '06 had Naiiish dials imnsho.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:42   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
2. Quadrajet Engine timing is done by belt and not by chain like Swift. So no chain noise.
So what happens when the belt fails? I read somewhere else here that failure of the timing belt is catastrophic.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:43   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
I have heard that Vista 1.2 petrol engine is the same engine which was used for Fiat UNO that was on its model called Trend... Is that TRUE?
Hai... Everybody seems to be thinking that its an old engine. I do not know the origin of the engine but this is a modern petrol engine with variable valve timing etc...
Old 28th August 2008, 20:04   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
The same swift engines claimed to give 25+ in this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-reading.html thread. So, why suspect 25kmpl for a vista in test condition?

As per Tata's - Vista will give 25kmpl in City Driving Conditions and not Test Conditions. In Test Conditions/Highways yes I agree it may give but 25kmpl in City was stretching a bit too far especially after the fact that they have the same engine ! I am not suspecting , I am 100% sure it will not give 25kmpl especially not in Kolkata city !!
Old 28th August 2008, 21:22   #230
Senior - BHPian

[quote=madhokritesh;956723]
Quote:
Ok i change my Question: out of i10 (santro engine), Vista 1.2 (petrol) and Swift (petrol) which one is more economical and and better in quality?
Can anyone tell me the Average of all 3?
Santro with Santro engine if you are cost conscious- IMHO, the i10 is kind of over priced! You should get atleast 14 KMPL in city with A/c on a Santro - that is what my car gives.

Fun car of the three would be Swift - no doubts.

But then I have no driven a Saffire Vista yet, so no comments on it - though I do not have much hopes!
Old 28th August 2008, 21:53   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

May be a little late in the day, but finally got to see one in flesh. Was more of a quick look .. and felt quite fresh. The biiiigg head lights did not look too big.
Old 28th August 2008, 22:28   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a black Demo Car with the yellow paintworked letters DEMO CAR. Yes no doubt it looks fresh. The headlights and front grille combination are a bit Ford Mondeo like.
Old 28th August 2008, 23:54   #233
Senior - BHPian

From ZigWheels' Vista Review:
Anyone here who for one moment disagrees that:
a. ToI seems to favor Tata too much
b. Despite that, the 21s for 0-100. omigosh. and those mileages!!

Comments?

Note from mods: Post edited. Follow instruction from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th August 2008 at 12:28.
Old 29th August 2008, 00:22   #234
BHPian

This looks fishy - way too fishy. 21s for 0-100 is in bull cart range.
Old 29th August 2008, 00:48   #235
BHPian

hi

i dont believe the figures of 0-100 in 21 secs.thats got to be unreal man.really absurd.iv driven the car and it raced to 80 in no time.maximum 8 secs.pity couldnt drive till 100kmph.but i feel it wouldnt have taken more than an additional 5 secs for that.

we wont really come to know abt the mileage unless some one with a first hand experiance lets us know

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th August 2008 at 12:12.
Old 29th August 2008, 01:38   #236
Senior - BHPian

0-100 in 21 is just not possible. the current indica does it in 15 sec!
Old 29th August 2008, 01:53   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
From ZigWheels' Vista Review:

b. Despite that, the 21s for 0-100. omigosh. and those mileages!!

Comments?

The reported lower mileage of the Vista by comparision with the Swift with the same engine is explained by the following from the same article

"Before I move ahead I must elaborate that since the last two months we have evolved an all new fuel efficiency test routine which is more stringent both in city mode and highway mode and so far only the Indica Vista among this pack has been put to the test using the new routine. This would make all the other cars feel smug and on top with their fuel efficiency figures. Nonetheless we decided to include their figures based on our original test pattern for comparison's sake."
Old 29th August 2008, 07:55   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

The Vista QJ's 0-100 is too slow. They've probably got the figures wrong.

The Vista QJ's FE figures also dont look right, and on 2 counts atleast. A similar engine that's supposedly not so good in city (relatively) gives better figures - COmpare with the swift.

The other point is that even our Marina with the Turbo engine (not TDi) gave the 14kmpl (no A/c) in Bangalore city.

Last edited by condor : 29th August 2008 at 07:56.
Old 29th August 2008, 09:55   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
I have heard that Vista 1.2 petrol engine is the same engine which was used for Fiat UNO that was on its model called Trend... Is that TRUE?
No, the original UNO may be a carburator powered. I don't think that even meets the Euro1 emission. But it is called FIRE and painted the name big on front doors. because of the Naming convention and 1.2 L it doesnt mean the engines are same. the Safire CVT engine is a modern engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The reported lower mileage of the Vista by comparision with the Swift with the same engine is explained by the following from the same article

"Before I move ahead I must elaborate that since the last two months we have evolved an all new fuel efficiency test routine which is more stringent both in city mode and highway mode and so far only the Indica Vista among this pack has been put to the test using the new routine. This would make all the other cars feel smug and on top with their fuel efficiency figures. Nonetheless we decided to include their figures based on our original test pattern for comparison's sake."
Correct, it is lousy report, It is full of error Especially looks at the price of the Swift VXI (5L ex showroom). Why on earth they calling it as comparison? It is like comparing the Mile/G vs KM/L.

Last edited by TeddyBear : 29th August 2008 at 10:09.
Old 29th August 2008, 10:03   #240
BHPian

Quote:
But it is called FIRE and painted the name big on front doors.
OT: Rear door.

However, the later UNO had a 1.2 MPFI FIRE unit delivering 55 bhp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks