Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 22:21   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Intresting observation, @srh !
I too have felt that at least some posts here come from / on behalf of Tatas. At least One guy is honest about his connection with them. I prefer people connected with the manufacturer being honest about their connections while posting here.

Looks like time to have a separate thread for "MY connection with the manufacturer / dealer" thread; like the one we have for the ICE section.

BTW, if people from Tatas are really watching this thread, will you please get in touch with your web design team and post some content meant for viewing on others' computers (simply because it looks good on your computer does not mean that others can see anything at all)?

For me, for every visit I make to the vista home page, I get a blank screen, looking at the page source shows that every thing on the page is flash. While at it, you should tell them that any elementary web admin knows to set URLs like this - " http:// cars.tatamotors.com/Indica/IndicaVista/ " should show the index.html page. THis one shows a wan "directory listing denied" message.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:46   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranil7 View Post
Finally, their purpose of tying with FIAT has serverd!!! Poor FIAT guys!! (or idiots)

Now even tata has multijet technology without spending much on it!! Easy catch!!

Cars looks ok and drives ok. (I drove one for about 5 mins during their test runs on NH4 some days back.)
Fiat are doing way better than what they were about 3 years ago, before the Tata tie-up. There is no free lunch in the world and its a give and take relationship, like any business. I dont see any problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Is it only me that has a feeling that the Tata PR/ marketing guys have been hyperactive on the forum since the Vista launch? (am seeing quite a few newbies singing paens for the Vista) or is this the car which really deserves the bouquets?
Why dont you also do a test drive and let us know your feedback so we know if they are right or not. There are several people dismissing the Vista as well, claiming anything from 'taxi image' to 'handling is worse than swift' (while not even having test driven it) - are they now MSIL or Hyundai PR guys? Conspiracy theories dont really serve any constructive purpose.
Old 27th August 2008, 22:57   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I'm sure he is gonna get a good raise from FIAT if they learn this
You dont get it. In India,

1. Tata is Fiat

just as

2. Tata is Virgin, in the Telecom world.
Old 27th August 2008, 23:45   #199
StoneTpilots

This battle between FIAT/TAT/SUZUKI makes you feel that you are in the formula 1 environment, where the engines are similar or identical due to the sharing of engines between the teams and the differences are largely due to the way each team specs the details of their cars.

It is very interesting to read that these three cars exhibit different characteristics and generate different fanbase inspite of having the same engine. A true challenge for the engineers and designers.

I am still guessing who will come out as the winner! Will the fan following of Palio help save FIAT ? since the MJD is now a common factor among all the three cars !

Old 28th August 2008, 10:16   #200
BHPian

Could someone please update on the tentative fuel efficiency of the Quadrajet and the achievable top speed?

Can we still expect the quadrajet to do 140 to 150+kmph?
Old 28th August 2008, 10:33   #201
BHPian

Did anyone take TD of Vista Petrol (Safire 1.2). If there was an option of buying an i10 (Santro engine not the new one) or Vista Safire 1.2, which one would be a better choice?? I was reading somewhere that Vista Safire 1.2 petrol was underpowered? Is that true? What about i10 (Santro engine) is that also under powered?

Please Advice...
Old 28th August 2008, 11:15   #202
BHPian

Saw the car yesterday briefly. Panel gaps and shut lines look good. Interior quality decent. But 2 things bothered me.

1) The Rear Quarter Profile - For some reason it screams Geo Metro. Or UVA.
2) Steering Wheel - Too much plastic - Some chrome (Logo) or leather would make it much nicer.

When they get the niggles out of the way, I may look to swap my v2 for this. The Indica family is one hell of a workhorse and I do not see this being any different.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:57   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
FIAT is a trademark owned by Fiat Automobiles SpA. Maruti or any other entity interested in using the FIAT trademark would require Fiat's permission through a Trade Mark User Agreement, usually upon payment of royalty. Tata has a JV with Fiat and is licensed to use Fiat trade mark. Maruti isn't.
I would think FIAT would actually want SUZUKI to use the FIAT brand in it's sites and communication so the FIAT brand is promoted better.

My guess is- FIAT was not in a position (due to it's financial position) to dictate terms to Suzuki when the agreement was made.

Thiyags
Old 28th August 2008, 11:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Did anyone take TD of Vista Petrol (Safire 1.2). If there was an option of buying an i10 (Santro engine not the new one) or Vista Safire 1.2, which one would be a better choice?? I was reading somewhere that Vista Safire 1.2 petrol was underpowered? Is that true? What about i10 (Santro engine) is that also under powered?

Please Advice...
The i10 (with 1.1L iRDE Engine) generates 66.6 PS @ 5500 RPM & 10.1Kgm torque @ 2800 RPM. The weight of the vehicle is approx 850 ~ 950 KG.

The Indica Vista wth Saffire generated 65 PS @ 5500 RPM & 9.6 Kgm torque @ 3000 RPM. It weighs ~1075 Kg.

Bottomline: We have a heavier car (Vista) that generates lesser power, and torque as well, that too at a higher RPM!
Old 28th August 2008, 12:12   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The i10 (with 1.1L iRDE Engine) generates 66.6 PS @ 5500 RPM & 10.1Kgm torque @ 2800 RPM. The weight of the vehicle is approx 850 ~ 950 KG.

The Indica Vista wth Saffire generated 65 PS @ 5500 RPM & 9.6 Kgm torque @ 3000 RPM. It weighs ~1075 Kg.

Bottomline: We have a heavier car (Vista) that generates lesser power, and torque as well, that too at a higher RPM!
Heavier car means underpowered.... is that right? so no fun in getting a vista 1.2? does any one has the details of New Alto (Astar) which was to come in Sep? any engine details abt that car...
Old 28th August 2008, 12:37   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Heavier car means underpowered.... is that right? so no fun in getting a vista 1.2? does any one has the details of New Alto (Astar) which was to come in Sep? any engine details abt that car...

OT : A-Star will come in Oct with a new 1 litre engine. Go for the i10 Epsilon .
Would be interesting if someone would give a detailed review of Vista Safire.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:42   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Would be interesting if someone would give a detailed review of Vista Safire.
Yes. It will be an interesting read. BTW, is the 1.2 liter engine a 8V or a 16V engine?
Old 28th August 2008, 12:46   #208
Team-BHP Support

My only grouse with indica vista, is that they did not offer a petrol high end model with the Indigo XL petrol 100bhp engine.
It would have meant the "Return of the hot hatch" since apparently the dynamics of this car are much better than the indica.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:58   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
OT : Go for the i10 Epsilon
Guess you meant the Kappa? It looks promising on the paper - havent driven it (thought there is a review in the test drives section by someone who has). It show 80 PS at 5200 RPM, which is higher power and lower RPM than the iRDE (or the Indica Vista Saffire 1.2), but the Torque (11.4 Kgm) peaks at 4000 RPM - which is much later than the iRDE or the Saffire.

I guess this engine will not get exhausted as soon as the iRDE or the Saffire, but would lack low-end grunt.
Old 28th August 2008, 13:07   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My only grouse with indica vista, is that they did not offer a petrol high end model with the Indigo XL petrol 100bhp engine.
They are probably holding that back for the new Indigo - how else can that vehicle be differentiated from the Indica?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks