Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 07:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

Nice review @CtrlAltDel .

Quote:
after having driven this I must say that positioning the console at the center is not really inconvenient for the driver. I didnt need to turn my neck to look at the speedo or tacho. a mere sideways glance for a second would do. the console is attractively lit and visibility is good. it doesnt divert attention from the road. IMO, i now feel glancing "down" towards the conventionally placed speedo/tacho is more distracting, compared to this one. about the looks, its subjective. I like it.
I agree. Me and uncle felt the same when we bought the Spark recently.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:27   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Today after work I headed to Autofin Tata motors showroom in Secunderabad for a Test drive.

I had to wait about 15 minutes since the TD vehicle was away on a test drive. The sales guy told me that since just before noon, the car had been tested nearly 30-40 times...
Nice review it was, i felt like iam reading a car review in a magazine.
Any pics taken??
Old 26th August 2008, 10:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Best of both worlds.

People liked Palio's engine and gearbox for what they are, but shied away from it because of high price and Fiat's poor sales and service network. People liked Indica's space, low cost and Tata'a vast sales and service network but were wary of its unrefined engine / gerabox combo.

Now with one master stroke, these problems have been addressed. An Inidca with Fiat engine/gearbox is just what the doctor ordered. Best of both worlds indeed!

Swift will face tough competition. Its rear seats are indeed the worst among all cars. Swift rear seats are so cramped that it can be used as a cop car with arrested seated in the rear. They will feel so claustrophobic that they would think twice before breaking the law again, haha...
Old 26th August 2008, 10:34   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
greenhorn : is there 70K worth of taxes or is there something funny with the pricing? The range was supposed to be till 4.88 ex showroom
@greenhorn, thumb-rule to calculate on-road price of a car :

Ex-showroom price + 16% of the ex-showroom price = On-road price

Here : 4.88L * 1.16 = 5.66L
Old 26th August 2008, 10:37   #125
BHPian

The vista looks great and interior looks way ahead of the v2. i kind of like the central console. It kind of give a cute image. Moreover it make a lot of sense on the cost cutting front for TATA's as they will be able to adapt easily to manufacture both right hand and lest hand drive cars will minimal changes
Old 26th August 2008, 11:11   #126
BHPian

Hi all,

Did a TD of Vista Quadrajet (Aura) yesterday. But since the vehicle was not yet registered, highways were out of bounds. Had to be content with driving on service roads.

Both 'CtrlAltDel' and 'SidIndica' have covered most of the points, so I will not repeat them. Just add few of my own.

1) Car will be officially launched in Pune tomorrow (27th). Delivery expected by 15th September.

2) Sitting on the rear seat is a novel experience. I felt it to be slightly elevated and it gave a SUV like posture. I loved it.

3) The car handled potholes ably and did not betray the masculine exteriors that characterises Vista.

4) Interiors, though a quantum leap from the first/second gen Indicas, leave a lot to be desired. The plastic cover over the steering column, being the case in point. It still gives a typical Indicaish feel.

5) Built-in audio system is just about ok, if not crap.

6) I was told that the 24 months extended warranty comes from Tata Motors and not from dealer/insurance company. IMO, that is too tempting an offer to be missed.

I could not drive the TDi version, which is on my radar, as it will be made available only after couple of days. Will update you as soon as I TD it.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:22   #127
BHPian

Tata Motors is the 1st co to accept it on their website that the Quadrajet is a Fiat engine , While Maruti who also uses the 1.3Multijet dosent mention Fiats name anywhere on its Site or Brouchere.

Has anyone taken the TD of the Turbo Diesel (TDI) Vista?

Last edited by Zappo : 26th August 2008 at 11:36. Reason: Please don't make back-to-back posts. Use the Edit button if you missed something earlier.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:35   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
madhokritesh : Tata Motors is the 1st co to accept it on their website that the Quadrajet is a Fiat engine , While Maruti who also uses the 1.3Multijet dosent mention Fiats name anywhere on its Site or Brouchere.
Would depend on what the terms of agreement were between the respective companies.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:18   #129
Senior - BHPian

This is what Mr Adil Jal Darukhanawala Say:

Quote:
It is no secret that the key aspect behind the Indica Vista would have to be its ability to take on the likes of the Suzuki Swift and the Hyundai Getz, and on most counts on paper, it has them covered, especially when you look at the top end version powered by Fiat’s acclaimed 1.3-litre Multijet engine which is now made in India at Ranjangaon. This engine, now badged as the Quadrajet, is not in any way similar to that employed on the Swift DDIS, its engine mapping characteristics differing majorly for the sort of Indian customer Tata Motors has in mind.
God Bless Him. This was in yesterday's TOI Pune edition.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:42   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Technocrat : God Bless Him. .
Just the words. Two engines, built on the same foundation, and yet AJD says "The engine(s) ... not in anyway similar .."
Old 26th August 2008, 12:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Tata Motors is the 1st co to accept it on their website that the Quadrajet is a Fiat engine , While Maruti who also uses the 1.3Multijet dosent mention Fiats name anywhere on its Site or Brouchere.
FIAT is a trademark owned by Fiat Automobiles SpA. Maruti or any other entity interested in using the FIAT trademark would require Fiat's permission through a Trade Mark User Agreement, usually upon payment of royalty. Tata has a JV with Fiat and is licensed to use Fiat trade mark. Maruti isn't.

Last edited by directinjection : 26th August 2008 at 12:49.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:49   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

is there 70K worth of taxes or is there something funny with the pricing? The range was supposed to be till 4.88 ex showroom
Its 5.15 on road in faridabad and 5.26 on road in delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@greenhorn, thumb-rule to calculate on-road price of a car :

Ex-showroom price + 16% of the ex-showroom price = On-road price

Here : 4.88L * 1.16 = 5.66L
I think there is no thumb rule to determine on road price, it just depends on insurance and registration mainly. As the registration is less in Fbd thats why it is around 11k less on road price than delhi.

Anyone has details for the 2din system and the speakers? Which company and are they worth to keep or upgrade is recommended?

Last edited by harry10 : 26th August 2008 at 12:59.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:28   #133
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tested the TDI yet ? If they've managed to smooth some rough edges there, the rest of the package will make it great VFM!
Old 26th August 2008, 14:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just the words. Two engines, built on the same foundation, and yet AJD says "The engine(s) ... not in anyway similar .."
I thought you would know what I meant
Old 26th August 2008, 15:28   #135
BHPian

Looks like Tata has a winner on its hands if they can get the quality right in volume production. A Vista CS with the Quadrajet in 90 Bhp tune and Airbags/ABS at less than 6.5 on road will practically kill everything in the 5-7.5 range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks