Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 13:08   #211
BHPian

I did a TD of the Quardrajet yesterday and frankly I am not impressed . I have a Indica V2 and I expected this to be much more . It is definitely an upgrade to what we are used to seeing but it still is Indica. I am not very impressed with the Handling ( Maybe my Swift -D has spoiled me ) but a definite improvement of the older Indica ( but so is the price tag). The features are very good, engine noise is lower , the clutch is amazing , the plastics feel better, the finish is better , the music system is ok ( I think this will be a good selling point as for average listeners the music system is pretty good). I liked the tray a lot as well as the center console. As mentioned earlier the Tachometer is a disappointment . Tata claims a mileage of 25kmpl in (city driving ) atleast that is what the agent told me. Overall a worthy upgarade for Indica owners but is it good enought to attract new buyers ??
Old 28th August 2008, 14:05   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
They are probably holding that back for the new Indigo - how else can that vehicle be differentiated from the Indica?
By plonking SAFFIRE 1.4!
Old 28th August 2008, 14:28   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Heavier car means underpowered.... is that right? so no fun in getting a vista 1.2?
Please do a test drive Safire petrol and decide. It will varry as the same 1248CC Multijet Diesel engine in ~similar weight swift, Palio & Vista performs differently. It all depends whether it has got better power trains and tuned for Fuel economy or power.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th August 2008 at 12:07. Reason: fixed quote
Old 28th August 2008, 14:40   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Tata claims a mileage of 25kmpl in (city driving ) atleast that is what the agent told me. Overall a worthy upgarade for Indica owners but is it good enought to attract new buyers ??
Wow, thats something real good news. We cannot take it as such, but to be on safer side, will it not give 21-22kmpl? Still a good mileage especially with these oil prices which just hates south.
Old 28th August 2008, 14:50   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Heavier car means underpowered.... is that right? so no fun in getting a vista 1.2?
Please do a test drive Safire petrol and decide. It will varry as the same 1248CC Multijet Diesel engine in ~similar weight swift, Palio & Vista performs differently. It all depends whether it has got better power trains and tuned for Fuel economy or power.

Ok i change my Question: out of i10 (santro engine), Vista 1.2 (petrol) and Swift (petrol) which one is more economical and and better in quality?
Can anyone tell me the Average of all 3?

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th August 2008 at 12:08. Reason: fixed quote
Old 28th August 2008, 15:18   #216
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Why dont you also do a test drive and let us know your feedback so we know if they are right or not. There are several people dismissing the Vista as well, claiming anything from 'taxi image' to 'handling is worse than swift' (while not even having test driven it) - are they now MSIL or Hyundai PR guys? Conspiracy theories dont really serve any constructive purpose.
I am not sure why you are clubbing my comment with comments on'taxi image', etc. because I have no where dismissed the Vista as not good. I have been reading on the forum for long and I just posted an observation based on that. It is a fact that that everyone (including me) on this forum has some preference/bias towards a manufacturer and this is but natural. And in addition, there are also people who have vested interest (PR marketing guys).
Old 28th August 2008, 15:26   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Wow, thats something real good news. We cannot take it as such, but to be on safer side, will it not give 21-22kmpl? Still a good mileage especially with these oil prices which just hates south.
I seriously doubt it. AS the engine is same as Swift and also the car is heavier. Swift normally gives in the range of 15-18 km/l in city conditions and i expect Vista to do the same so 25 sounds kinda exaggerated.

Anyone has got more info?
Old 28th August 2008, 15:46   #218
BHPian

Test drived today.

Test drived today. Liked it very much.
As other are covered by BHPians, i have few of my observations.

1. I put my head into the reat bottom of the car to check out the rear suspension. It looked different (like Gets) and not like the swift.
2. Quadrajet Engine timing is done by belt and not by chain like Swift. So no chain noise.
3. Turbo kiks before reaching 2K RPM. Is it kicks @1750?
4. Tata Logo 14" alloys are available for extra 20K. though 15" or 16" will fit perfect, but big wheels might reduce the pull.
5. Saffire's 13 inch looks very small. I think 13" wheel for better pickup. Upgrading it to 14 or 15" will affect the pulling.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:51   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I seriously doubt it. AS the engine is same as Swift and also the car is heavier. Swift normally gives in the range of 15-18 km/l in city conditions and i expect Vista to do the same so 25 sounds kinda exaggerated.

100% exaggerated. But you can get mileage similar to swift diesel. A colleague gets 19(Stock Tyres) in Swift D- he uses premium diesel. I myself get 17(195 Ventura's) on normal diesel so that is minimum expected which is pretty good I think. I just hope the build quality is actually better . For ex my Indica v2 is 5 years old now and the poor build quality has started to show :-( !!
Old 28th August 2008, 15:51   #220
BHPian

Quote:

If Swift Is giving 15-18 km/L, its too low as normal Wagon R or i10 gives around 15km/L.
Old 28th August 2008, 15:55   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Test drived today. Liked it very much.
As other are covered by BHPians, i have few of my observations.

1. I put my head into the reat bottom of the car to check out the rear suspension. It looked different (like Gets) and not like the swift.
2. Quadrajet Engine timing is done by belt and not by chain like Swift. So no chain noise.
3. Turbo kiks before reaching 2K RPM. Is it kicks @1750?
4. Tata Logo 14" alloys are available for extra 20K. though 15" or 16" will fit perfect, but big wheels might reduce the pull.
5. Saffire's 13 inch looks very small. I think 13" wheel for better pickup. Upgrading it to 14 or 15" will affect the pulling.

Ok here is a question for you. Did you actually feel the turbo kick In at 1750 rpm. I certainly did not. Even if it does, it is not as discernible as Swift Diesel. That is one thing I missed the most in my TD ! My swift-d is 15 months old, but I still feel the rush when the turbo kicks in :-) !! Maybe the vehicle had a problem ???

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 28th August 2008 at 15:56.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:21   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Ok here is a question for you. Did you actually feel the turbo kick In at 1750 rpm. I certainly did not. Even if it does, it is not as discernible as Swift Diesel. That is one thing I missed the most in my TD ! My swift-d is 15 months old, but I still feel the rush when the turbo kicks in :-) !! Maybe the vehicle had a problem ???
Thats the whole point... the power delivery is very linear so you dont feel the turbo lag as much as Swift. Swift is more fun to drive but Vista is better suited for the urban crawl.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:33   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The same swift engines claimed to give 25+ in this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-reading.html thread. So, why suspect 25kmpl for a vista in test condition?
Old 28th August 2008, 16:48   #224
BHPian

I have heard that Vista 1.2 petrol engine is the same engine which was used for Fiat UNO that was on its model called Trend... Is that TRUE?

Last edited by madhokritesh : 28th August 2008 at 16:52.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:23   #225
BHPian

According to the following review in TOI, the car is designed for 13-15 inch wheels, confirming my suspicion that TM will sell with 15 inchers abroad, and probably on the sedan variants also.

Indica heralds new vista for small cars - Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

There are some other good tidbits in the article.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks