Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 12:19   #61
BHPian

Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
First of all, Congrats for the car. It seems to be suiting you very well.

I have one question. In picture 3 (the passenger side, open door) is that rust or has the paint scrapped off the door floor? Maybe it is just the angle of the photo.
Sorry for the Extremely long silence.
Nope thats not rust... its probably dust.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
I am 5'10" tall, will this car still suite me ? guys please clarify
If you are planning to drive this car yourself, you will not face any problem. The front seats are quite good and spacious. I have driven this car for around 200 km highway trip and can tell you that with similar height and 100 kg weight of mine, I did not face any problem. The front seats are capable of accommodating even 6'2" friend of mine.

This car is fun to drive with good grunt. However, its useability is limited to city or for family trips that has 2 adults and two kids.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:37   #63
BHPian

10,000 kms update A-Star ZXi

Hi Guys !
Am back after a very long silence. too busy at work. (had been reading other initial ownership reports though )
My A-star finished the 10000 mark. I didnt realise that i covered so much distance in such a short time. (6 months)
The journey from 99 kms to 10000 kms has been extremely smooth.. No hiccups. no problems at all.
The car still behaves like a new dulhan .
Thankfully i have no rattles as yet.. and that is impressive. ( yes did have a minor rattle on the reat seat bracket, but that was promptly solved by MASS.
during my second service at MASS i was advised Nitrogen in the tubeless and obliged. I did find a difference in the ride its better. I might be wrong abt nitrogen but the ride definitely changed for better. Easy and soft over the bumps.
The engine is very interactive. In peak traffic its an ease to drive. FE worst has been 12.6 as yet. but average between 13.8 to 14.5
MASS changed the engine oil at the 10k service.
The best part of the car is to drive it wherever u get the chance... in traffic or on a freeway. With even 4 seats packed in i have not seen a urge for more power at least not in the city. Yes ! on the Highway even with 2 passengers post 120 u feel the NEED for more power.
ABS keeps me secure, had swung in action during the rains on the highway..
One more thing which i want to share with bhpians is the Superb ICE. it is awesome. it has got great clear crisp and loud sound. I recently bought a 120gb apple ipod and hooked it on the AUX... am loving it.
to end the review... I am enjoying the new drive i have invested in.. gives me gr8 ride, gr8 mileage ..(drive 70 kms a day), gr8 ease of driving, gr8 music and and gr8 feeling
Small car hai but mere use ke liye ekdum fit hai.
cheers
Old 5th August 2009, 16:58   #64
BHPian

Must say I dont prefer Maruti but the A star has lovely looks. Didnt have more details, but your review suggests its a delightful product. Will definitely keep an open mind when comparing this against the Spark which we like so far.
Old 6th August 2009, 09:26   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
The engine is very interactive. In peak traffic its an ease to drive. FE worst has been 12.6 as yet. but average between 13.8 to 14.5
MASS changed the engine oil at the 10k service.
The best part of the car is to drive it wherever u get the chance... in traffic or on a freeway. With even 4 seats packed in i have not seen a urge for more power at least not in the city. Yes ! on the Highway even with 2 passengers post 120 u feel the NEED for more power.
ABS keeps me secure, had swung in action during the rains on the highway..

cheers
How easy is it to drive in the city, say compared to Swift or Ritz? Is the frequency of gear changes required higher?
Old 6th August 2009, 13:40   #66
BHPian

Frequent Gear changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
How easy is it to drive in the city, say compared to Swift or Ritz? Is the frequency of gear changes required higher?
Do u mean to ask me if the frequency of downshift to gain more power?
I have not driven the Ritz as yet and have driven the swift not more than thrice.
But frankly i have not felt frequent needs to downshift to gain more power. unless u are on an ascent or want to race ahead. Infact this would occur across the swift or ritz or even the a-star depending on the situation required.
i generally make a upward gear shift @ 2000 to max 2500 rpm. Unless i want to push the engine for more immediate power.

On the highway its a different story altogether... its a beauty to drive and rev.
Hope this answers ur query
regards
Hemal
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:21   #67

Hi guys,

can somebody tell on road price of A-star Zxi at Pune ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks