Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 08:13   #226
BHPian

First of all congrats on the new buy , seems like everyone is going for Hyundai , gives me confidence (you know my fiat story).
Glad to see that experts also go for the same brand. Bhai i have stock tyres with my accent could suggest a good upgrade (the stock ones are not tubeless) , i would like to keep the same rims.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:13   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So as many of you know, I had been looking to replace Dhanno for a while now but for multiple reasons, it could never really work out. But today I finally got a new car as it is the Getz Prime!

I know, I know it's like blasphemy but to be honest in the short distance that I've driven the car, it feels pretty good to drive & the engine is pretty torquey too.

Here are some pics of the car:
Attachment 97143

Attachment 97144

Attachment 97145

Attachment 97146

Attachment 97147

Attachment 97148

Attachment 97149

Attachment 97150

Attachment 97151

The thing I don't like about it is that the non-body colour door handles which I intend to get painted pretty soon:
Attachment 97152

Now I know a lot of you will go after me for the choice of car but unfortunately due to limited finances this is all I could afford at this point of time. And the Honda was eating up too much money in maintenance etc. so I wanted to change her asap.

More about the sale process, future mods etc. later!
iraghava: Sir, that's GORGEOUS. Happy for you. Thanks for flagging your thread else I would never have seen it. Now I know where I can expect some professional critiquing and brilliant Queen's language.

Love the colour. Is she a diesel? I'll need time to sift thru the posts and read your story, but expect me there.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:43   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Hi! Ishan,
I don't have any idea how to figure out if the turbo is overheated. Is it done by monitoring the temperature gauge? I drive a Palio MJD. In my earlier M800 the sound of the radiator cooling fan when in operation was rather loud and I could wait till the fan stopped before shutting off. In the palio I don't have a clue when the fan works.
No, it's recommended that after a hard run (long highway run, high speed run) that you let the car idle for 60 seconds to cool the turbo down.No way of knowing it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Ishan Bhai,Congrats on your new car.I somehow missed this tread. Good choice of color and a very practical car.Cheers.
Thanks Anthony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmax View Post
So Ishaan Bhai, Congrats for your new car. Its a great car.. But even I guess getz in "white" would have been a better choice ( just a personal choice of color). White getz looks more cool with black tinted glass. Yours a nice color too. Newaz..Have fun and drive safe.

Waiting for the mods and more pics!!
Thank Wmax! As I stated earlier, I wanted white too but for a couple of reasons had to settle for this colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey Ishaan, how are the seats of Getz Prime...are they comfortable for long drives, esp the driver's seat??
They do feel hard when you first sit on them but on a long journey (as I recently discovered) they're very comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats dude! Gabbar the mini beast Nice choice. Probably the best combination of mile muncher and road burner we have.
I somehow stumbled onto this thread while searching for something else. Didn't know you had changed your ride. Sad to see Dhanno go.... but, head over heart I guess, and yes, I do know all about those niggling issues in an old car!
Haven't spoken to you in a while. Let's catch up sometime soon.
Thanks Abhishek! She is a mile muncher indeed. How goes your Scorpio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Those who complain about high speed stability need to do check the speed now and then as pointed out by you.
Yup, did comfortable cruising speeds of 100-150 kmph with 3 people on board with luggage on my recent trip. No drama at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Waiting for 120 sec after each drive us a pain. Once loses precious time.

Do post regarding the Turbo Timer if you come across one.
Satya has one of his Elantra, works like a charm. I'm thinking of installing one in my car too. Just not sure what will happen if a person without any knowledge of the timer drives the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
that's a great car you bought man .. the crdi is awsome. hope to get my hands on one too.
Thanks Manuj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Ishaan!! Congrats on your new car mate love the color... and m sure you're gonna turn it into a monster with the upgrades that you have lined up!Looking forward for more updates and pics. Your 1.1L bagging was a gr8 fun to read..
Thanks Vijay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
ishanji we are waiting for some detailed report. its been long!
and yes, what about the upgrade(rubber)?
Rims on the way, so no rubber updates yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oye, did ya get the Delo ?
Not yet, only done 3000 kms till now. Will switch to Delo a little later.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:50   #229
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ishaan for the Getz CRDi. Enjoy the drive.
Old 5th March 2009, 15:21   #230
Senior - BHPian

3000 Kms. Update:

Completed a 1700 kms. round trip to Manali (Moradabad-Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Chandigarh-Delhi-Moradabad) and the car performed flawlessly. Even with 3 people on board with luggage she pulled till 150-160 kmph without breaking a sweat. Pushed her till 170 kmph but didn't go any further due to stock tyres & passengers.

From Chandigarh we were 4 people and more luggage (a friend joined us in Chd) and with the massive torque, climbing the hill roads was a piece of cake.

Overall FE was 15.9 kmpl on the plains & just a shade under 13 kmpl on the hills. Travelogue coming up pretty soon!

P.S. Maintaining Beige interiors is a royal pain in the back side

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
First of all congrats on the new buy , seems like everyone is going for Hyundai , gives me confidence (you know my fiat story).
Glad to see that experts also go for the same brand. Bhai i have stock tyres with my accent could suggest a good upgrade (the stock ones are not tubeless) , i would like to keep the same rims.
Get Michelin/Yoko/Apollo Accelere in stock size on the same rims, it's a good upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
iraghava: Sir, that's GORGEOUS. Happy for you. Thanks for flagging your thread else I would never have seen it. Now I know where I can expect some professional critiquing and brilliant Queen's language.

Love the colour. Is she a diesel? I'll need time to sift thru the posts and read your story, but expect me there.
Thank you RG! And no, your language skills are much better than mine so I'm the one who should be learning here!

And yes, she's a 1.5 CRDi, the same engine+gearbox as the Verna.
Old 5th March 2009, 18:48   #231
BHPian

Quote:
3000 Kms. Update:

Completed a 1700 kms. round trip to Manali (Moradabad-Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Chandigarh-Delhi-Moradabad) and the car performed flawlessly. Even with 3 people on board with luggage she pulled till 150-160 kmph without breaking a sweat. Pushed her till 170 kmph but didn't go any further due to stock tyres & passengers.

Overall FE was 15.9 kmpl on the plains & just a shade under 13 kmpl on the hills. Travelogue coming up pretty soon!

Thank you RG! And no, your language skills are much better than mine so I'm the one who should be learning here!

And yes, she's a 1.5 CRDi, the same engine+gearbox as the Verna.

iraghava: Sir, if you're anything, you're modest. People don't hit 7K+ posts with not-substantial skills as communicators, so neither of us can refute the proof of the pudding (and vox populii for reading/digesting/responding to them- fair to surmise).

I'm surprised to learn you've clocked 3K kms already- much like the Big Blue's 'blink and you've missed it'. I'll need to peruse your earlier records of the journey called Getz ...the 1.5CRDi in a smaller body must make her move like the Challenger. I'd also heard they were selling the Getz with a 1.1 litre diesel- is this accurate information or am I getting 2 (or perhaps even 3) unrelated facts mixed up?

IMO she'll pull to close to 200kmph- that engine is powerful AND smooth! Though I've never ridden in a Getz, I love the NVH attributes experienced in the Verna.
Old 5th March 2009, 22:25   #232
BHPian

Quote:
No, it's recommended that after a hard run (long highway run, high speed run) that you let the car idle for 60 seconds to cool the turbo down.No way of knowing it though.
Hey dude, congratulations on your purchase, shes a monster. I test drove the CRDi once and decided never to touch it ever again simply because the troque is just so addictive! The premium over the Swift DDis which wasnt too far behind(but was still behind) was drilling too much of a hole in my pocket so I opted for the vdi instead, besides, loved the swift for ages. The reason why you should stick to a 60-120 sec wait is so that the oil leaves the turbo and not just for the turbo to cool down. Just thought I'd add. I wait everytime, and its a pain. Cest la vie i guess
Old 6th March 2009, 10:43   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3000 Kms. Update:

From Chandigarh we were 4 people and more luggage (a friend joined us in Chd) and with the massive torque, climbing the hill roads was a piece of cake.

wow, this is really what 1.5crdi is all about, which sails easily with people boarded along with luggage. Full occupancy within and that FE is cool that you got, seems u need to change the stock ones sooner.Agree on beige interiors, would have loved the black with silver cluster as it is on 1.3 glx.CHEERS!!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th March 2009 at 17:44. Reason: Fixed end quote
Old 15th March 2009, 21:20   #234
BHPian

Ishann ji.. when is the rubber coming.??
Old 15th March 2009, 21:32   #235
Senior - BHPian

I think the forged wheels should have been here by now...Update??
Old 18th March 2009, 16:40   #236
Senior - BHPian

Wheels are expected to be here by next week! Have some patience boys!
Old 18th March 2009, 18:04   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wheels are expected to be here by next week! Have some patience boys!
And which one have you selected for this?
Any pics?
Old 19th March 2009, 13:52   #238
Senior - BHPian

yeah raghavji,any brands shortlisted for rubber and alloys???
Old 19th March 2009, 16:22   #239
BHPian

Ishan, I have been following the developments very closely. Looks like you are slowly getting there. Only 3000 KMs so far? hmm... this is going to take time!

Quote:
Satya has one of his Elantra, works like a charm. I'm thinking of installing one in my car too. Just not sure what will happen if a person without any knowledge of the timer drives the car.
Why would you let anyone else (without knowledge of timer) drive the car?

Quote:
Rims on the way, so no rubber updates yet.
Being the tease you are, do you expect us to wait till you get the tyres to see which alloys you have selected?

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha! welcome to the club. If you need maintenance tips, feel free to call me anytime

Last edited by quicksilver : 19th March 2009 at 16:24.
Old 19th March 2009, 19:15   #240
Senior - BHPian

Ishaan, how come your car does not have the rear defogger? Its surprising to note that some crdi's have it, while others don't. I've seen quite a few here in coimby, so i know this is not a one off mod. Even the dealer's TD car at chandra hyundai has this. So is it available as an option or something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Ha Ha Ha! welcome to the club. If you need maintenance tips, feel free to call me anytime
You want me to put up the 'how to' pix taken at wayanad??

Last edited by JayD : 19th March 2009 at 19:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks