Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 18:46   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Update time again!

The car has been steadily clocking miles. I've completed ~12k now, and its been a great trip so far.

Recently, i upgraded the front fog lamps with HID's. This proved to be a problem, since Hyundai cars use H-27 spec bulbs, which are unavailable here.Most shops recommended some jugaad with H8 lamps, which i was not interested in.T hankfully, KPZEN came to the rescue, and sourced me the bulbs, and that too, in 1000k!! Before you guys run away screaming Bliiinngg, have a look at the pix. Its actually white, and very very bright! Waay better than the normal 6000k lamps.
Totally Amazing!! I think I need to get em for my i20 too!

btw high beam is like whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
JayD

Thats looks better than i ever expected.

yes, it will. All Hyundai cars come with H27 bulbs.
Pls can you advice from where I can get hold of em!? (I'd be really helpful!)
Old 31st October 2010, 20:46   #182
Senior - BHPian

Peted and monroe'd!

Updating this thread after a looong time. The car has completed 20k kms, and just over a year. Its still going great and continues to excite me every time i drive it.

Two important updates that i did are the Ecu fix for the AC, and the steering rattle correction. And i'm pleased to say, both have been quite successful. the AC now cools very well, and i now keep the Climate control at around 22, compared to the earlier 17!!!

The steering rattle is more or less solved too. Kudos to hyundai for listening to customer complaints and rectifying them!!

PS: The roadrunner just got itself a petes box and monroe rear shocks!

Last edited by JayD : 31st October 2010 at 20:50.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Some pix taken on a recent trip to Athirapilly
Attached Thumbnails
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-roadrunner.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_35741.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_35811.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_35821.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_35961.jpg  

Old 31st October 2010, 23:54   #184
Senior - BHPian

The car looks wicked with the HIDs... Great pictures.

Which brand HIDs did you opt for? What was the total cost for Headlights + Fogs? Does the headlight HID work for low beam and high beam?

How are the Monroe Shocks? What are the financial damages / advantages?

Does the Pete's add any power in the 1000 to 1500 rpm zone?

My local Hyundai A.S.S. refused any ECU update for the A.C. telling me there is no such thing!!
Old 1st November 2010, 12:37   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The car looks wicked with the HIDs... Great pictures.

Which brand HIDs did you opt for? What was the total cost for Headlights + Fogs? Does the headlight HID work for low beam and high beam?

How are the Monroe Shocks? What are the financial damages / advantages?

Does the Pete's add any power in the 1000 to 1500 rpm zone?

My local Hyundai A.S.S. refused any ECU update for the A.C. telling me there is no such thing!!

Thank you Abhi! I've got HID's only in the fogs, they are 10000K ones, some random brand. But the lighting is simply amazing. Check out the prev page for in car pix. I'm still running 100/90 Halogens in the main beams. The HID's cost me around 4500.

The petes box makes a diference in the low end, but not much. It reduces the lag zone, and the car feels eager even without the turbo spooled up.

But the real magic is in the upper zone, It pulls all the way to the top, in a linear manner, and the response is particularly strong as you near the top.

The monroe shocks are supposed to improve handling, but while i am yet to test that, i can surely say that ride has become quite hard compared to stock. these are on for test purpose as of now, still not decided whether i'll be buying them.
Old 1st November 2010, 20:44   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Two important updates that i did are the Ecu fix for the AC, and the steering rattle correction. And i'm pleased to say, both have been quite successful. the AC now cools very well, and i now keep the Climate control at around 22, compared to the earlier 17!!!
The steering rattle is more or less solved too. Kudos to hyundai for listening to customer complaints and rectifying them!!
This is a great relief to me. I am seriously considering the car in Jan-Feb 2011.

I wrote to CR at Hyundai on the rectification. They refused to comment and said i20s have no issues at all and also said tbhp is a just a site to post complaints. (GTO, can you take it up with them? I will forward mails if required)

I cited the economic times article on the issue and they are yet to respond.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:17   #187
BHPian

My new grey i20 asta crdi

After planning for more than 6 months, finally got hold of my new grey i20 asta crdi on december 4th. Booked it on september 28th. The dealer initially promised to get me the car in 30 days but took more than 60 days to deliver. Not sure if this 2 months waiting period is throughout india.

here is my new companion...
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-20101206-16.06.26.jpg

Went straight to the tire dealer and exchanged the stock 4 alloy wheels and tires with 15"x6.5J Lenso wheels (Preferred 15x6J but not available in market) and 195/60 R15 Michelin Primary LC tires. Exchange price for stock 4 alloy wheels and tires was 20,000. I guess that's a good price.

here is the pic..
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-20101208-16.10.13.jpg

Ground Clearance has increased by 11mm and speedo error is 3.2%. I know its a wrong upsize but i did enquire a few team-bhp members who use this tire profile and they say said they never had any issues. More over 90% of my driving is without co-passengers. And very rarely more than 5 board on to my car. So decided to take this risk.

I feel the ride is very good when compared to the test drive i did before booking the car. May be because of the bigger tires. And i feel handling is good enough too. Did triple digit speeds and a few high speed cornering but had no issues with it.

A/c is adequate but as it doesn't blow straight on your face, it takes time for the driver to feel the chillness.

Horn is a real Joke.

Needs frequent gear shifts. 5th above 70km/h and 6th above 90km/h. Thats sometimes annoying. But i just love the 6th gear. RPM at 100km/h in 6th gear is 2000 and it just increases 100 for every 10km/h rise in speed. In 120kms its just 2200 RPM. Fuel consumption will no more be a reason to limit speeds .

Have done 450kms so far. Should i change engine oil during my first service? Hyundai doesn't insist oil change before 2nd service.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:42   #188
BHPian

Re: My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update

Hi JayD.
Thats an awesome car with great pictures to go by randum nalla combination aana.
I got my i20 around 20 days back. Just love the car and the amazing scope it offers to photographers due to its stunning design.!!
Happy clickin' and revvin'
Old 9th August 2011, 13:50   #189
BHPian

Re: My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update

And I also noticed that you have uploaded a few HDR pics. Amazing man. Keep it up. I'll post more in my thread as soon as I get an opportunity. The car looks killer in it.. This is one good advantage of being in Kerala. You can click pics on the worst road there and it could still look good to everyone!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks