Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 21:20   #481
BHPian

Today I called dealer to inquire about side skirts which they call it as "Extension body rocker pane". Accessory guy said that genuine part is not available and he can get it from Mumbai local market for Rs 18K.

He said that Ford does not provide it but on insisting that how they cannot provide if its coming with the car then he agreed that logically they should provide but he never saw anyone who ordered it from Ford as they usually get it from Mumbai. [Good thing is he upfront said that we will not provide genuine part so that was good part I liked about the dealer]

I asked him the supplier from whom they buy it locally but he was not sharing it but when I said I should know of what brand they buy from local market then he said they order it from Seema Enterprise,Mumbai. On receiving the part they paint it accordingly and do the fitting. [Anyone from Mumbai BHPian knows about it then let us know so we can avoid middle man]

As I was looking for Ford genuine part so he transferred to some manager and he said thet no one till date purchased it from Ford as there system shows the price if anyone consume it from Ford. This was a strange thing and he said its online system so none of the dealer will able to provide the cost.

He compared the price of it with Fusion skirt and said approx each part will cost you 4 - 5K (side left +side right+ left front+right front+ left rear+ right rear part) so which comes around 30K (6 x 5K)

I got the part number from him as again I dont want to explain anyone what I am looking for -

Left part no # 883916441AHXWAA

Right part no # part no # 883916440AHXWAA

Back 883917G847AAXXAC

Back 883917G848AAXXAC

Front 883917E994AAXXAC

Front 883917E995AAXXAC

Anyone who interested can check the actual price and update on this forum.

Everyone wants ext look of S and wish to keep internal look of SXI

Last edited by kumar7 : 26th November 2009 at 21:26.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:31   #482
BHPian

I ordered a new set of "punched" number plates through my accessories dealer. When the plates were delivered, I was disappointed to see that the numbers & letters were very poorly aligned on the plates.
Does anyone know how I should start looking for a good number plate maker?
Old 26th November 2009, 22:32   #483
Senior - BHPian

Order the HSRPs and you will love them. Have you seen how the HSRPs look on my car????
Old 26th November 2009, 22:47   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Order the HSRPs and you will love them. Have you seen how the HSRPs look on my car????
I never knew that those number plates were High Security ones. Thought that the "IND" punch was to show that you are an Indian. How much did it cost? Is it available outside Mumbai?
Old 26th November 2009, 22:56   #485
BHPian

Your plates look super. In fact I went through the TBHP thread on the subject & visited Utsav's site but was surprised to find that their only dealer in West Bengal is in Siliguri. They don't seem to have a dealer in Kolkata!

Last edited by nura : 26th November 2009 at 22:59.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:58   #486
Senior - BHPian

High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India for moonraker

@Nura: Why not place the order with the dealer outside Kolkata. He will courier it. They make the BEST plates sir
Old 26th November 2009, 23:10   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Good luck! Let us know if you are able to procure the original body kit parts. Like I said before, the body kit will look weird unless the wheels and tires are upgraded to S size as well. But it will definitely void the suspension warranty.

Quote:
High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India for moonraker
Is it legal to use these plates in Chennai? I have not seen any cars with these plates here. Recently the cops went on a drive where cars with fancy number plates that do not comply with RTO standards were fined.

Last edited by Gilead : 26th November 2009 at 23:14.
Old 26th November 2009, 23:51   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Thanks Mate for the information. I might switch over to HSRP soon after i come back from my trip. I dont want to pay a higher price when the states make this as a rule and cops trying to fleece us

link from the Transport Ministry

Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India

Team BHP thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tes-india.html

I paid Rs 500 for my number plate and i could have very well paid extra to get the HSRP's ...

Last edited by Moonraker : 26th November 2009 at 23:55. Reason: Added teambhp thread
Old 27th November 2009, 10:46   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
I get FE of 12 and I am running it at various speeds but restraining myself not to go beyond 2000 rpm
it a very good mileage
Old 27th November 2009, 10:47   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
it a very good mileage
Most of his drive is on a 4 lane highway at avg speeds of 80-90. Bound to give good mileage. Mine gives 10 in mostly heavy traffic.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:49   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I never knew that those number plates were High Security ones. Thought that the "IND" punch was to show that you are an Indian. How much did it cost? Is it available outside Mumbai?
i have seen the front Number plate of Aveo and it looks quite appealing, can we have a similar set for fiesta as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nope. It's not officially available, but I am sure the dealer can do it for you if pushed. If you put the body kit on the SXi, you need to upgrade the tires to stock S size of 195/55/R15 as well, as the stock SXi tires wil look puny and weird with the body kit.

I think he wants the looks of the S, but the softer ride of the SXi.
rightly said GILEAD

i was loving the exteriors of 1.6S but interiors of SXI is giving a new feel,
i own a wagon R, which too has greyish black interiors and the looks of S interiors reminds me of that and having a model with single interiors color coding i can opt for a 2 tone color
Quote:
Today I called dealer to inquire about side skirts which they call it as "Extension body rocker pane". Accessory guy said that genuine part is not available and he can get it from Mumbai local market for Rs 18K.

He said that Ford does not provide it but on insisting that how they cannot provide if its coming with the car then he agreed that logically they should provide but he never saw anyone who ordered it from Ford as they usually get it from Mumbai. [Good thing is he upfront said that we will not provide genuine part so that was good part I liked about the dealer]

I asked him the supplier from whom they buy it locally but he was not sharing it but when I said I should know of what brand they buy from local market then he said they order it from Seema Enterprise,Mumbai. On receiving the part they paint it accordingly and do the fitting. [Anyone from Mumbai BHPian knows about it then let us know so we can avoid middle man]

As I was looking for Ford genuine part so he transferred to some manager and he said thet no one till date purchased it from Ford as there system shows the price if anyone consume it from Ford. This was a strange thing and he said its online system so none of the dealer will able to provide the cost.

He compared the price of it with Fusion skirt and said approx each part will cost you 4 - 5K (side left +side right+ left front+right front+ left rear+ right rear part) so which comes around 30K (6 x 5K)

I got the part number from him as again I dont want to explain anyone what I am looking for -

Back 883917G847AAXXAC

Back 883917G848AAXXAC

Front 883917E994AAXXAC

Front 883917E995AAXXAC

it is a very good and detailed illustration and as you said, it is indeed true, the exterior looks of S is great and interiors of sxi is good, and we want the best of both worlds. Human Tendency

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th November 2009 at 11:11.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:35   #492
Senior - BHPian

I think the original body kit, spoiler and tires will set you back by 40-50K at least. Another option is to get the S and do up the interiors with Stanley or Karlsson. I would do the latter if I were you.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:59   #493
Senior - BHPian

@ruchirtnt
Imo, buying an SXi and then modify to S exterior is going to be expensive.
In addition you must also check if it will have any effect on the Warranty.

What is the attraction(interior) you like in SXi than S - the seatcovers
or rear seat headrest - You can check how much this will cost.

Whatever upgradation you do, be careful about the Ford warranty.

Another thing is - just my comments only.:
In anycase you are going to book the car in January 2010?

Ford upgraded the 1.6 ZXI twice in 2009. Now the major difference between the Zxi and SXi are the Airbags and alloys?

Who knows, chances are there that Ford may upgrade the SXI and S soon and come with the new model in 2010. They still can upgrade these two variants with :

=ACC with outside temp gauge
=steering wheel mounted Audio controls
=small digital clock
=Rear A/C vent etc etc

I think you may be lucky if any upgradation coming up prior you take a decision and book the car?
Old 27th November 2009, 12:02   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I think the original body kit, spoiler and tires will set you back by 40-50K at least. Another option is to get the S and do up the interiors with Stanley or Karlsson. I would do the latter if I were you.
good advice, where can i find a Stanley in Lucknow? i had done a search in the local market but they don't have any, the site is also not clearly available
Old 27th November 2009, 12:03   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Back 883917G847AAXXAC

Back 883917G848AAXXAC

Front 883917E994AAXXAC

Front 883917E995AAXXAC

++

Nice investigation and good piece of information
But definitely it is going to cost a fortune just to get look of S (exteriior)on a SXI?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks