Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:15   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
ghodlur, there is no autolocking facility in Fiesta (except if you use the remote to open but then do not physically open the doors/boot for 45 secs)..if you mean to say that the doors will lock automatically once the engine is started/some speed is attained, then, NO, this is not avlbl. However, if you do the central locking (by pushing the door handle inwards), you will come to know that all doors are not locked, as well the door icon will be lit.

Why should you wait for 1st service for having the brake noise checked? You can have it done immediately. Is this noise being felt inside (like the brake pedal rod getting rubbed against something) or you are feeling the noise coming from outside from the tyre area. I am asking this becos similar "rubbing" feeling I was getting from the clutch pedal, but now with 5000+ on ODO this is not coming any more..maybe something to do with so called "run-in" for various parts as well.
@sanjayc
Even if the central locking is not activated and any door is open the indication flashes. This I have seen happening when my parents inadverently do not close the doors after ingress. All I wanted was some audible alarm.
The first service is due on 10th Feb. Might as well include the brakes issue along with normal servicing. The noise is typical one which I have experienced in my earlier Santro and esp during monsoon and has to do something to the brake discs, I exactly dont know the term.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:30   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@sanjayc
Even if the central locking is not activated and any door is open the indication flashes. This I have seen happening when my parents inadverently do not close the doors after ingress. All I wanted was some audible alarm.
Only way to know if any door is open is only via the red door open icon in the console (solid red..no blinking) - couple of time it happened to me when my wife/kids did not close the boot lid properly.

And, yes, even in faint light, the various indicators in the console become sort of invisible. The left/right blinkers on the console are impossible to see anytime in the day.

Seems like a darker sunfilm alongwith a to-check-checklist when ignition is started may help

This type of minor irritants are aplenty - e.g., the red flashing indicator which never stops, the green backlight on the HU/DIS which takes ages to go off, gap between the 12V socket and the dashboard slightly small to take up a straight mobile adaptor, absence of ashtray, absence of a pocket in the boot to keep small bottles like the system g/windwasher shampoo,(was there in my ikon), first aid kit/toolkit holder (in ikon it had a strap on belt fixed to inside boot roof) etc etc etc.

Guess, this standard omissions are a way to let customers do their own DIY to customize their Fiestas, and thus make each one unique overall
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:55   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This type of minor irritants are aplenty -.
I agree 100% with your comment. Sometimes even I try to figure out what can be done using DIY fundas but forget all of those when my son says "Dad the ride was good, Can we go for one more ride" or my wife saying "Are we there already, that was smooth". All the niggles go for a toss, dont care about them anymore. Family satisfaction is top priority.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:01   #1759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Why not get the leather seats from outside? The quality and design choices will be much better, with similar pricing. Try Stanley and Orion, and do let us know as well, as I might be interested in leather seating too if things work out.
I will never get the seats from the dealer, presently considering stanley and karlsson. I usually dont go with the online details or photos, but check things in person whatever I want to buy or install. So, I am giving a month's time to personally see some works and decide on the brand. I am also considering some darker shades (preferably red wine colour to match the Morelo body). Budget is 15-20k as of now !

Quote:
did not close the boot lid properly.......
The left/right blinkers on the console are impossible to see anytime in the day.
Does 'boot open' status also indicate through the red light on the dash ? I never noticed it till today. Agreed about the left/right blinkers, they dont even exist during the day. I wonder how we can rectify that. Sometimes too much brightness is an issue, but here its too less. Infact manufacturers should come out with the idea of a custom-button to do the brightness settings for the complete dashboard lights as we get it in mobile/laptop/tv etc. It hardly cost them anything in mass production.

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd February 2010 at 12:02.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:29   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I will never get the seats from the dealer, presently considering stanley and karlsson. I usually dont go with the online details or photos, but check things in person whatever I want to buy or install. So, I am giving a month's time to personally see some works and decide on the brand. I am also considering some darker shades (preferably red wine colour to match the Morelo body). Budget is 15-20k as of now !
Should have gone for SXI or ZXi - would have saved you the hassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Does 'boot open' status also indicate through the red light on the dash ? I never noticed it till today. Agreed about the left/right blinkers, they dont even exist during the day. I wonder how we can rectify that. Sometimes too much brightness is an issue, but here its too less. Infact manufacturers should come out with the idea of a custom-button to do the brightness settings for the complete dashboard lights as we get it in mobile/laptop/tv etc. It hardly cost them anything in mass production.
Realised the hard way! When the light came up, blasted the fellow occupants to ensure to close the doors properly. Even then it did not go off..went around personally to check and confirm,..but still it remained on..then the "brilliant idea" flashed thru my dimwit brain..maybe the boot and yes, indeed, it was. What an "Eureka" moment for me!

Maybe, one day, my Fiesta will give another such "Eureka" moment with the bonnet as well.

Couple of other such aces are up my sleeve which I have discovered as a by-product of a loooooong drive! Will reveal the same at an appropriate moment! Keep guessing.

Last edited by sanjayc : 3rd February 2010 at 12:30.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:42   #1761
BHPian

Guys, need some help. I was terribly upset to see my car scratched by some kid on the street outside my office. Worst part was no one saw who did it and I was totally in a helpless situation. I really wonder what pleasure they get out of doing this.

Took her to a Maruti service station nearby and they did some hand rubbing. The pics below are after this rubbing. All the marks are still pretty much visible. Her second service is due next week. Any effective DIY recommendations other than repaint? I think it'll be too much to expect from Metro Ford to do it free as part of second free service or should I attempt?
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-img00228201002031203.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-img00229201002031203.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 12:54   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Guys, need some help. I was terribly upset to see my car scratched by some kid on the street outside my office. Worst part was no one saw who did it and I was totally in a helpless situation. I really wonder what pleasure they get out of doing this.

Took her to a Maruti service station nearby and they did some hand rubbing. The pics below are after this rubbing. All the marks are still pretty much visible. Her second service is due next week. Any effective DIY recommendations other than repaint? I think it'll be too much to expect from Metro Ford to do it free as part of second free service or should I attempt?
Check out Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, aerosol spray paint, supplier of spray paint,spray, spray paint, touchup, touch-up, aerosol spray paint manufacturers, spray paint,Touchup, Touch-up Spray, Spray Bottle, aerosol spray paint manufacturer, com-paint manuf Someone pointed this ut earlier, have not tried it though personally, but seems the products were showcased in Auto Expo 2010. Plan to get hold of this during this weekend for small touchup jobs.

But again I am thinking to let small scratches be as it is otherwise it will be impossible to enjoy drives (since these things will keep on happening) and will waste time in searching for proper parking areas etc. Side-benefit maybe, that once it is scratched, no further evil eyes will be cast.

Note from Team-BHP Support : This Thread is Closed

1. Most topics that are being discussed here have been covered elsewhere on the forum already.

2. Unique topics are better off in new dedicated threads. Reason? It's easier for members to search and find a thread, rather than screen through a 120 page discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2010 at 13:19. Reason: Adding thread closure note
sanjayc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:19   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
But again I am thinking to let small scratches be as it is otherwise it will be impossible to enjoy drives (since these things will keep on happening) and will waste time in searching for proper parking areas etc. Side-benefit maybe, that once it is scratched, no further evil eyes will be cast.
I wouldnt've bothered if it was one or two small scratches. But this is like some one has done a painting on my car . Its really disturbing given the fact that I've managed to drive around in Bangalore city everyday without a single scratch from last August till yesterday.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks