Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 13:15   #3781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need your advice about accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am also planning to add a cushon to driver door side arm rest, so if you are planning/already did it, it would be a good knowledge share :P
In case I decide to go for Figo, I would be interested in flattening out the rear bench (since the middle 'seat' is raised by a few centimeters.)

How much will that cost? Where can I get that done reliably? Will that void the warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
IIf the total estimate exceeds your savings from the "No claim bonus" for the next round, then go ahead with the insurance.
How does one find out what would be the savings from NCB in advance? Is that mentioned somewhere in the policy?
Old 31st January 2011, 14:09   #3782
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@gemithomas : I made a mistake, I should have gone to the police station then and there.We were so agitited that our minds went blank.I was so gald that nobody was hurt badly.Thank you.

@jayded : Even I'm thinking they might not even call now (they didn't call till now!).Anyways,was just thinking of the worst case scenario.
I'm just worried that what good his case will hold IF he goes to police.
Let's wait and see.

Actually, My door was only scratched and slightly dented.No deep gashes.
I think I'll take my figo to the service center and ask them to estimates.
I have few other scrathes on the bumper on the same side. Might as well get them replaced. Thanks for the estimate.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:56   #3783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
In case I decide to go for Figo, I would be interested in flattening out the rear bench (since the middle 'seat' is raised by a few centimeters.)

How much will that cost? Where can I get that done reliably? Will that void the warranty?
It should not void the warranty. You can install seat covers with padding on either side of the raised portion so that it flattens out much better. There would be no need for any other complicated modifications. You can get customer stitched art-leather seat covers from 4K onwards. By the way, "few centimeters"?, I would say max 1

Quote:
How does one find out what would be the savings from NCB in advance? Is that mentioned somewhere in the policy?
You get around 20-25% off on the next premium if you are eligible for a "No claim bonus". So for a 15K premium, you would get a discount of about 3,500/- Hope this helped.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:54   #3784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
What if they call and demand for money ?
Sould I budge ?

Can I claim insurance ?

Please help.
Thanks,
nimbleguru.
If they demand for money, ask them to lodge a complaint get an fir and get their claims from your third party insurance.

Well they were just bluffing around to avoid any confrontation from you, they would not call you, if they do go (they most probably wont) meet them at the police station.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:58   #3785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post

My question is:
What if they register a complaint against me ?
I know for sure that it was not my fault and moreover they had
overtook from the left side ( I have proof - my car dents on left side )

What if they call and demand for money ?
Sould I budge ?

Can I claim insurance ?

Please help.
Thanks,
nimbleguru.
Shouldn't it be You who should be calling them and demanding money, since you know that it is their mistake?
Anyway, I dont think they will call at the first place, they might have told so just be assertive at that moment, and not be dominated upon, since it was their mistake.
Old 1st February 2011, 07:55   #3786
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I faced AC problem on my Figo recently.
It suddenly stopped working!
I went to cauvery ford in bangalore, and they said that the AC gas is empty because of some leakage, and they need at least one full day to check the leakage. Since it was already evening when I went and next 2 days were holidays(sankranti weekend), I got the AC filled temporarily to get the AC working and left.
Coming weekend, I got it checked at my dealer(cauvery ford, mysore) and they found that there was indeed a leakage. I could see the underbody with a liquid mixed with some oil kind of substance. I was told the AC evaporator has gone bad and needs to be replaced, under warranty of course!
The reason was apparently vibration in the dashboard, which was a bit hard to believe
They also told ford has instructed them to install dampers to avoid that, and they will be doing it on my car.
They have to remove the dash board completely to install it, so they took 2 days for replacing and testing.
Its been a week since i got it replaced, and havent found any issue with it.
Thanks for your detailed reply, but makes many things flying inside my stomach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My figo has ot had any A/c problems yet. But the fusion and fiesta always have problems. If you scrapped the underbody, check if there is any compressor leak.
I think scrapping hits only the centre chassis and not the compressor as it is mounted at the left corner at the lower part of engine. Anyhow let me do a check physically whether it has any scratches.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:02   #3787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

My observation is that the seat contours are so designed as to hold the rear passenger from swerving away when negotiating a fast corner. If you flatten the contors you may be making the rear seat uncomfortable.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:00   #3788
Senior - BHPian

A small question. I want to get my engine oil changed every 5k KM. The car has done 15000 km and i went to the dealer for oil change. They quoted 2500 bucks. Its just as same as full service. I asked them if they can just waive of the 800 bucks for labor charges and they declined. Now i have no option than getting oil replaced from outside.

I want to know which oil does ford uses and how many ltr. oil to fill it up with ?
Old 1st February 2011, 16:12   #3789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
A small question. I want to get my engine oil changed every 5k KM. The car has done 15000 km and i went to the dealer for oil change. They quoted 2500 bucks. Its just as same as full service. I asked them if they can just waive of the 800 bucks for labor charges and they declined. Now i have no option than getting oil replaced from outside.

I want to know which oil does ford uses and how many ltr. oil to fill it up with ?
They use some in house brand semi syntehtic oil. they fill up for 4.25 L approximately. Any engine oil store would do the job for you, but make sure you change the oil plug everytime, you really do not want the engine oil leaking w/o your knowledge!

Edit: If you change the oil outside, it would not be recorded in the service records, it may not be a problem, but still!

Last edited by anilisanil : 1st February 2011 at 16:22.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:43   #3790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I think scrapping hits only the centre chassis and not the compressor as it is mounted at the left corner at the lower part of engine. Anyhow let me do a check physically whether it has any scratches.
My brother-in-law damaged the compressor in his fiesta. SA thought probably due to a flying stone or bad hump.
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:45   #3791
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Is the Extended warranty given for 48 months ( 4 years) or for 3 years. I got it for 36 months or 1.2Lakh kms whichever is earlier.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:16   #3792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Is the Extended warranty given for 48 months ( 4 years) or for 3 years. I got it for 36 months or 1.2Lakh kms whichever is earlier.
Its for 3 years or 1.2L kms. I myself have opted for the same. As of now there is no further warranty expansion plan as yet.

Ford India has promised to get back to me (& I believe other users too) if they think of extending the time and or kilometers limit.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:16   #3793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Its for 3 years or 1.2L kms. I myself have opted for the same. As of now there is no further warranty expansion plan as yet.

Ford India has promised to get back to me (& I believe other users too) if they think of extending the time and or kilometers limit.
I am yet to receive the extended warranty document from ford, even after 6 months!
I've got a print out from my dealer from their site though! so i've made sure i'm covered

anyone else who hasn't received for so long?
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:54   #3794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I am yet to receive the extended warranty document from ford, even after 6 months!
I've got a print out from my dealer from their site though! so i've made sure i'm covered

anyone else who hasn't received for so long?
I dont think they are sending it anymore, it will just get updated against your VIN/regn number. I have not got any document, but my car's records say that my warranty is upto July 2013.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:57   #3795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I dont think they are sending it anymore, it will just get updated against your VIN/regn number. I have not got any document, but my car's records say that my warranty is upto July 2013.
Oh is it? My dealer was telling I might receive it anytime :P
Some of the members had received it around 2-3 months after purchase. So wanted to check.
Anyway, if its updated against my VIN number, which I have confirmed, no issues I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks