Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 14:25   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Being an owner of both the i20 CRDi and the Figo TDCi i have to disagree with some of your comments, my opinions in Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The seats are not as comfortable as in Figo

Depends on how you look at it.The i 20 seats are harder, but they offer waaay more support than the flat seats of the figo. In short they are completely different, the i20 is more sporty whereas the figo is more comfort oriented[/b]

The front seat legroom is not lengthy as in Figo ( I am 6.2") and also do not see a large leg room space in rear.

The front legroom is the same or more in the i20, rear the figo is more spacious.

The OEM audio is not at par with Figo (May be the owner would have not tuned the equaliser well)

I disagree completely. The i20 has one of the best OE systems in cars below 12 lac i feel. The figo unit is pure crap compared to it. I agree it has decent bass, but it looks very chinese, and usability is pathetic.

The IP cluster is awesome and gives a feeling that you sit in a flight cockpit.

Again i disagree, the i20 speedo and console are well designed and look upmarket, the figo screams 'cut price' everywhere.

A/c was OK (but lot have written about its bad performance) as it was raining in chennai yesterday.

Yes, the figo AC is miles better than the i20

Car look big outside and not inside whereas Figo looks small outside and really big inside.

Again, this is mostly due to the fact that the i20 has a smaller glass area compared to the figo. Both cars are quite spacious in my opinion.

Last edited by JayD : 29th July 2010 at 14:42.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:56   #3032
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Being an owner of both the i20 CRDi and the Figo TDCi i
have to disagree with some of your comments, my opinions in Bold.

The IP cluster is awesome and gives a feeling that you sit in a flight cockpit.

Again i disagree, the i20 speedo and console are well designed and look upmarket, the figo screams 'cut price' everywhere.
You misunderstood. i20 IP cluster is awesome and only can be compared with Jazz. Figo is no way near to any of its competitors on quality of IP & dash

To add, I sat in rear seat also and do not felt anything extra comfortability of a bigger car.

But definitely the quality, fit & finish is well above Figo.

The dash area is huge in i20 so that it eats a larger space of this bigger car.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:52   #3033
BHPian

sorry for delayed reply-extra work in office

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
@Rejoy
Great pics, and awesome looking alloys. Are those Lenso Samurais? Could you post a close up of the rims if possible?
@Jayed , no they are not Lenso Samurais . They are Evo alloys . Lenso though we tried to get it , the dealer mentioned that they wont give us a set of 4 but only 5 . On Close up pic , well i am not so sure when I can get it . Defintely if I have one I shall post it .

Quote:
It easily accomodates 2 big suitcases (for overseas travelling) and 2 hand luggages easily. No doubt the best in class with easy access. A strong selling point for Figo which helps people who go for long drives often.
Absolutely . He had a bag of white cement , football , tripod and lots of other things in his boot . It swallows anything .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Mine is Zxi, bro.
Ownership thread is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

Buying decision thread is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...go-diesel.html
I had a peek into the thread , awesomeda macha :-) Good choice anyday .
Shall go through the entire one and provide you my feedback .

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Rejoycjon: Your friend's Figo looks very smart. Nice choice of alloys and car color.
Danke ! well We had a long search before we got them . The PCD of ford Figo
is 108 , so the options were not plenty .

On another note , the sales of Ford figo is 250000 in 100 Days . ( No typo here ) courtesy :- TOI Bangalore Times .
Old 29th July 2010, 19:59   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
On another note , the sales of Ford figo is 250000 in 100 Days . ( No typo here ) courtesy :- TOI Bangalore Times .
That is a typo - 25000 is the correct figure.

250000 engines is the capacity of the plant annually.

Ref TOI article:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/6176524.cms

Last edited by Brix : 29th July 2010 at 20:00.
Old 29th July 2010, 21:34   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
That is a typo - 25000 is the correct figure.

250000 engines is the capacity of the plant annually.

Ref TOI article:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/6176524.cms
@Brix , Nothing can be more embarrassing ! Happened out of over excitement
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
just to make sure no one missed it! Any comments???
True , 120 is a comfortable cruising speed though !
May be I would ask my friend to push to see

Last edited by bblost : 30th July 2010 at 17:10. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 29th July 2010, 22:06   #3036
Senior - BHPian

a swift rear ended my figo twice ( i know it is sad but dont want to discuss it) the result is that my hatch door is stuck, left it at service center for the following faults to be rectified!

Bumper to be replaced (new bumper to be painted with body color and fixed)

Hatch door is not repairable it seems so they are replacing it ( i doubt them!)

but they are asking for 8 days to deliver!!!!

Is it reasonable? This is frustrating!

I know I praised ford before, but now when it really matters it is thumbs down! or should it be?

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th July 2010 at 22:11.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:15   #3037
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a swift rear ended my figo twice ( i know it is sad but dont want to discuss it) the result is that my hatch door is stuck, left it at service center for the following faults to be rectified!

Bumper to be replaced (new bumper to be painted with body color and fixed)

You can very well ask for the damaged one - Infact they handover the faulty parts

May be you can ask them to deliver fast. Since body shop is not attached to all service centres, the chance of delay is more. In chennai MPL has 2 only out of 5 service centres

I know I praised ford before, but now when it really matters it is thumbs down! or should it be?
What is the total cost. If the hatch door glass is good, ask them to replace instead of new one which will save money.
Old 30th July 2010, 11:22   #3038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the total cost. If the hatch door glass is good, ask them to replace instead of new one which will save money.

Well I am claiming through insurance as the cost is around 10K, now that the door too is being replaced (retaining the old glass only) it may go up.

I think the insurance company will take the old parts, no?

I did ask for faster delivery, but the guy says he cant help. Can someone help me if there would be any issues that I should look out during delivery for replaced door?
Old 30th July 2010, 11:35   #3039
BHPian

Quote:

Maruti service stations take 10 days for any body repair with claim. So 8 days in not that bad.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:39   #3040
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Insurance will take, but you can very well see it to confirm that it has been replaced. Some times the insurance will give back to you as the value of the door is very less. (taken based on weight). My maruti door fetched Rs 100/-
Old 30th July 2010, 13:07   #3041
BHPian

@anil - sorry to hear that.
With insurance, it definitely takes a little time. Their inspector has to inspect and approve the amount after which they'll start their work. This itself takes 2~3 days.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:27   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Maruti service stations take 10 days for any body repair with claim. So 8 days in not that bad.
Oh, fine then! Actually I called the service manager, he told me the work just started as it was pending for insurance approval (I left it on Monday) actually the guy who handled my job request told me that the work was in progress which beat me! And hence wondered!

Quote:
Yes. Insurance will take, but you can very well see it to confirm that it has been replaced. Some times the insurance will give back to you as the value of the door is very less. (taken based on weight). My maruti door fetched Rs 100/-

I did ask if I can see the old part, they readily agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
@anil - sorry to hear that.
With insurance, it definitely takes a little time. Their inspector has to inspect and approve the amount after which they'll start their work. This itself takes 2~3 days.
Thanks for the concern Vignesh, yes as I am new to all this I thought it should not take so much time, actually I was very angry yesterday as I had planned something for the weekend and when I came to know that my car would be recuperating over the weekend I had to grudgingly oblige, hope it returns with flying colors, literally

Last edited by anilisanil : 30th July 2010 at 14:28.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:43   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@Brix , Nothing can be more embarrassing ! Happened out of over excitement
Thanks
Oh dont worry - I hope the figure becomes real after a year. The car deserves the good sales.

Quote:
a swift rear ended my figo twice
Maruti is just plain jealous of the Figo.

Backstabbing/rear-ending.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:01   #3044
BHPian

A quick test drive report on Ford Figo

My friend had short listed Ford Figo (Diesel), Hyundai i10 and Chevrolet BEAT. We decided to take a quick test drive of a Figo within the city limits.

We took off the car with 4 people (including Ford’s Sales Executive) on to Tilaknagar Main Road where at that instance the traffic was apparent. First impression is the last impression. The car maneuvered well in city traffic. The turbo lag is present but negligible in comparison with other cars in the same category. Torque is good, but incomparable with multijets. For our surprise the car performed well with respect to pick up. NVH levels are comparatively low. The car is well built, nothing to say on fit and finish when Ford delivers a product. As per the dashboard, we were concerned about the colour initially, but as we spent some time over it, it was something new to view at it. Also, the likes and dislikes are again based/dependant on personal choice. The suspensions managed well at triangular humps and potholes. But we were slightly surprised when something got brushed under the chassis when my friend maneuvered it slightly over a manhole cover which was not projecting so high on the road. When we asked the Sales Executive, we were explained nicely that the rubber mud flaps would have been brushed over the manhole cover. We felt the ground clearance is a bit concern when the car is driven with 4 people.

When we asked about the maintenance and After Sales and Service, the Sales Executive explained as the car is manufactured/assembled in Chennai, India, the spare parts costs is 23% cheaper in comparison with some of the Maruti’s (probably they might have compared with premium segments). But this is true that the spare parts costs cheaper than other cars from the Ford stable. Comparatively with new entrants like VW, Ford’s After Sales Service has a good history. Again this should not be compared with stabilized and well settled players like Maruti, Hyundai and Tata for After Sales and Service.

The top end version ‘Titanium’ does not have power windows at the rear. This is more to concern for that price tag. For users who travel with rear passengers often, it is again re-thinkable. Also the rear windows does not roll down fully, remains some inches higher. Hence the Figo does not come up with power windows. When we queried about it, we got a reply that this is designed for the passenger’s safety. Highly acceptable at one instance this is a safety feature.

As of the Audio Head Unit is concerned, the Figo is equipped with a decent AHU. The Radio reception is good and clear. It is up to the user if he/she wants to add on additional speakers with amplifiers.

From the responsive behavior of the car it looks like the engine for this hatch is re-mapped for better torque/power curves than in Fiesta. Sedans do normally have a flat power curve. This hatch seems to have a very good pickup. Regarding fuel economy, the diesel engine under the hood is well known for its high fuel efficiency and is again dependant on the driver.

Overall we conclude that the Ford has come up with a decent hatchback.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo_td.jpg  

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 30th July 2010 at 17:20.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:56   #3045
RDB

Hey yogeshnaik, nice td report of Figo. Did you test drive petrol variant too. I did a test drive of both variants a few days ago. My observations were essentially similar. I would like to add that although Figo Tdci is lower on torque and power rating than the Fiat multijet, yet its more drivable and gets my vote as better of the two. Actually I am planning of booking a hatch in a few days. I wanted to test drive I 20 too, (although I am not too excited about it considering the lesser dynamic ability of this car vs its competitors, as already pointed out in this forum many times). But I could not test drive it yet, as no vehicle is available at two of the three Hyundai dealers in my city. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks