Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 11:35   #2956
Senior - BHPian

Ok here is something very pleasant.

When I was enquiring about buying the Figo, I did put an internet request which was promptly responded by two of the dealers in Pune (Planet and Talera ford).

The first one to respond was Planet and I fixed up an appointment for TD for Saturday if I am not mistaken. Then I get a call from Talera ford (and I thought it was from Planet ford, confusion) and sales person told he could bring the car to my office for TD, which he did promtly. Wife and me both liked the car and the rest is history.

But the impressive thing is the planet ford guy still follows up with me every 2 weeks and asks if everything is OK with the car and the experience. This is even after telling him that I booked the car from the other dealership. EVen today he called me up to enquire how the car is doing and if everything is fine, he also asked me to call him with out any hesitation if I face any problem.

This is a sweet gesture, no? This is first time I bought a car and I never had any dealership experience before. Though I have heard horror stories about Ford dealership, it is a pleasant surprise for me to see such gestures! Well done ford!
Old 16th July 2010, 15:48   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

This is a sweet gesture, no? This is first time I bought a car and I never had any dealership experience before. Though I have heard horror stories about Ford dealership, it is a pleasant surprise for me to see such gestures! Well done ford!
Anil, this sure is a sweet gesture. The Planet Ford guy is showing concern for your car. This feels good. I guess the workshop at Planet Ford will show the same concern too. Good to know some decent sales assistants are working at Ford dealerships.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:13   #2958
BHPian

Just wanted to give a fuel efficiency update for my Figo. I have started getting 18 consistently for my daily commute from campRoad/shols or camproad/mcity mostly during peak traffic 8-9(Morning) and 6.30-7.30(evening.).The car has covered 6200 kms.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 16th July 2010 at 16:14.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:24   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Just wanted to give a fuel efficiency update for my Figo. I have started getting 18 consistently for my daily commute from campRoad/shols or camproad/mcity mostly during peak traffic 8-9(Morning) and 6.30-7.30(evening.).The car has covered 6200 kms.
wow! Vishnu those are some AMAZING figures!

Wonder how much would it return on Highway!

Figo rules !
Old 16th July 2010, 16:35   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Really cool figures those. You calculated on a full tank - full tank method and do you fill up at any specific fuel pump? 18 within city is really good figure. Btw - is it with AC on all the time?
Old 16th July 2010, 16:56   #2961
Senior - BHPian

Guess he is talking about TDCi (diesel) variant for which 18 kmpl is in expected range!
Old 16th July 2010, 17:24   #2962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Guess he is talking about TDCi (diesel) variant for which 18 kmpl is in expected range!
18 kmpl is with in expected range for TDCi??

No mate! The current range is anywhere between 13-15 for pure city drives, 18kmpl is way beyond the range for Pure city drives even for Diesel. BTW IIRC the ARAI figure for city mileage for Figo is around 16kmpl!
Old 17th July 2010, 09:17   #2963
Senior - BHPian

that is a nice mileage, how is the car performance?
Old 17th July 2010, 16:04   #2964
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Bit OT here: My b-i-l car Ikon 1.8D had a problem in a highway today morning. (fuel pump got air locked). The driver is new to diesels. I did a concall to Rajshree Ford helpline and my driver. The problem was solved instantaneously. Hope the same type of Service would be there for Figo also..Hats off Ford Dealer Service.
Old 17th July 2010, 16:32   #2965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Bit OT here: Hope the same type of Service would be there for Figo also..Hats off Ford Dealer Service.
that is really a good service, but at my place the ford service is not much to talk about,
Old 17th July 2010, 18:32   #2966
BHPian

another OT, the Carz Spa near the MPL ford Teynampet has opened a Moto Mall on the first Floor. Just saw it on the way.
Old 17th July 2010, 20:14   #2967
RDB

Guys, it has been seen that Figo d is giving consistently lower mileage than Fiesta d. Is it true while comparing with that of Ikon d too, as all these three cats have the same Tdci engine? Could this lower mileage due the rubber mounting of Figo? And by the way, does Ikon have hydraulic mounts too?
Old 17th July 2010, 20:55   #2968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
Guys, it has been seen that Figo d is giving consistently lower mileage than Fiesta d. Is it true while comparing with that of Ikon d too, as all these three cats have the same Tdci engine? Could this lower mileage due the rubber mounting of Figo? And by the way, does Ikon have hydraulic mounts too?
Ikon has rubber mountings only, yet it returns the best mileage of the trio. Generally sedans are more stable in highway than hatches and are efficient too(highway), but figo is a different case: the lower FE maybe due to
1) wheelbase: a bit larger than the fiesta
2) gear ratios and final reduction ratio
3) Fuel quality issue : BS IV
4) ECU tune.
Old 17th July 2010, 20:57   #2969
BHPian

Quote:

IIRC, you had earlier reported poor mileage. So curious to know what fixed the issue? Has it improved due to the free service/oil change etc, or change in driving style?
Old 18th July 2010, 13:53   #2970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB View Post
ok here is the official review of fiesta by team-bhp

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives

it says fiesta d mileage is 14.5 in cities and 18.5 in highway (average figures)

How are these figures when compared to that of Figo's, make Figo's Fe figures "consistently lower"?

It beats me how people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks