Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 19:31   #3091
BHPian

I was comparing a quote from Maruti for Ritz Diesel with the Ford Figo quote, and noticed that for a similarly priced model (4.75 L), the Insurance from Maruti came to around 13500 (500 higher than the market rates by their own admission) and Ford was around 14500. So I am wondering what is the reason for it to be higher? Is the Ford dealer ripping me off, or is the insurance premium inherently higher for a Ford than a Maruti?
Old 8th August 2010, 16:27   #3092
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
I was comparing a quote from Maruti for Ritz Diesel with the Ford Figo quote, and noticed that for a similarly priced model (4.75 L), the Insurance from Maruti came to around 13500 (500 higher than the market rates by their own admission) and Ford was around 14500. So I am wondering what is the reason for it to be higher? Is the Ford dealer ripping me off, or is the insurance premium inherently higher for a Ford than a Maruti?
The premium commission will be there. It goes to the dealer. You can inform the dealer and directly approach any insurance broker and ask him to for better insurance rate. My insurance amount was Rs 13900/. But in the insurance certificate it was 12k . So it went to the dealer. Luckily I got my mudflaps and carpet mat free for that cost.

Last edited by RGK : 8th August 2010 at 16:30.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:08   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Thanks for the reply. You mean the next batch will be AV?
I had gone to Metro Ford Bangalore to book a Figo TDCi Titanium and was told that a Colorado Red colour model was readily available. The VIN is AM34*** series. Do I have reason to worry given the serial number is 34*** series on the VIN? Is it strange that this unit was readily available given that there was a waiting period for almost all other colours?

Or am I just being paranoid?

Do advise.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:02   #3094
BHPian

Sorry about the previous post. Just went through Wildon's thread regarding VIN decoding.
A=2010

J = May
U = June
M = July

I guess I was being paranoid.

Thanks, all!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-cars-59.html
Old 9th August 2010, 13:12   #3095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The premium commission will be there. It goes to the dealer. You can inform the dealer and directly approach any insurance broker and ask him to for better insurance rate. My insurance amount was Rs 13900/. But in the insurance certificate it was 12k . So it went to the dealer. Luckily I got my mudflaps and carpet mat free for that cost.
Thanks RGK, I will look for insurance directly instead of going through the dealer. Still a bit annoying that the dealers try to blatantly overcharge.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:35   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puyal View Post
The following pictures show the slope which was responsible for that reversing and my remedy for future safety.
It is real sad thing for anyone to even put a small scratch in his new car .

Your remedy is quite simply indigenous, appreciate the idea
Old 9th August 2010, 16:32   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
It is real sad thing for anyone to even put a small scratch in his new car .

Yep nice idea. I had seen the rubber version in a magazine. But cement seems more cheap.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-images.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-bannerpic3.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 21:49   #3098
Adrenalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Sorry about the previous post. Just went through Wildon's thread regarding VIN decoding.
A=2010

J = May
U = June
M = July

I guess I was being paranoid.

Thanks, all!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-cars-59.html
You were looking answer for you question, eventually you answered my question too . Thanks for that link. Really helped a lot.

Old 11th August 2010, 09:41   #3099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Yep nice idea. I had seen the rubber version in a magazine. But cement seems more cheap.
I never even knew about the rubber version. Ignorance is bliss:-D
Old 11th August 2010, 13:51   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks Anilisanil. Then Adrenalin may get the next series.
Do you have the issues like rear squeak, rear windows coming down which was there in earlier batches.
There is no rear window problem. But there is a small squeak after the accident. I am not at all happy with Ford's body shop. More details in my ownership thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin View Post
Thanks for the reply. You mean the next batch will be AV?
The next batch would be AM. AU is June batch and AM is July batch. Since my delivery was on 3rd July I got the June batch!

Mileage update:

First full tank (36 L+ ~9L reserve)returned around 14 kmpl mostly city driving with A/c on 80% of times.

Second full tank (36 literes) gave around 15.5 kmpl again mostly city driving.

The third one seemed to be returning around 17 kmpl where 160 Km were lovely highways and 140 KM were Ghats and rest city driving.

Also, as I said earlier squeaking has come after I gave it for body shop repairs!

Last edited by anilisanil : 11th August 2010 at 13:55.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:04   #3101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Thanks. Necessity is the mother of invention
Old 11th August 2010, 20:23   #3102
BHPian

Mine is AJ (May batch, delevered in June).
My odo shows 1870 Km and I still have the rear window coming down problem, theough I haven't yet gone to the service station and planning to go for 1st service in a week or 2.

The squeaking is something that I am worried of now. I think in my car its comming from the rear right side seat belt assembly, not so sure.
Old 12th August 2010, 11:38   #3103
Senior - BHPian

Any one from Pune who got squeaks and got them fixed? Please help us lesser mortals! Talera ford seems to have no idea about the squeaks and are blaming the hatch door !!!!
Old 12th August 2010, 13:41   #3104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Any one from Pune who got squeaks and got them fixed? Please help us lesser mortals! Talera ford seems to have no idea about the squeaks and are blaming the hatch door !!!!
Hi anilsanil, I'm not from Pune and I too have experienced this squeak coming from the rear cabin. Please read my post here to get a workaround:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1952806
Old 12th August 2010, 13:52   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
Hi anilsanil, I'm not from Pune and I too have experienced this squeak coming from the rear cabin. Please read my post here to get a workaround:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1952806

I too am experiencing both the sounds, could you please let me know which part did he fist exactly? So that I can try my luck before actually going to the service center?

And one more thing, now that it is almost two months, any more squeaks observed?

Thanks for the information, though!

It is however weird that Gemi got this fixed by greasing a pipe in the underbody!! Seems like a naughty car!!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 12th August 2010 at 13:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks